Sponsored

NEW! Stage Series HitchMount LED Pod Kit | The BEST 5 Minute Mod!

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
0OzmV39.jpg

⌛THE CLOCK IS TICKING... ⌛

NOW
is your chance to SAVE up to 15% sitewide on your favorite Diode Dynamics LED lighting products.
➡ Up to 15% OFF LED Lighting Upgrades
➡ 15% OFF Stage Series Rock Lights & HitchMount LED Pods
➡ 10% OFF Elite Series JL/JT Headlights
➡ Free US Shipping on any order over $300!

CLICK HERE TO SHOP NOW

qD4beIR.jpg

Did you know?
You can find all of the products we offer for your vehicle using our vehicle finder tool! Simply enter the year, make, and model.

SALE EXPIRES 11:59 P.M. MONDAY, MARCH 13TH, 2023.

Discounts cannot be combined with other offers or any previous orders. Excludes items with pre-order status.
Sponsored

Rock Hopper

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB, 2019 Cherokee, 2015 GrCherokee, 2006 TJ
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
Hey there!

I've provided this request to our engineering team. According to meeting this morning on 1/6/2023, DT caps are currently in the works here at Diode Dynamics.

Thank you for your feedback, support, and patience!
I just received my DD hitch mount light and the first thing I noticed is the need for a cap when the pod is disconnected/removed. I wish this had been included ( I will continue my search).

However in the meantime, Please let us know if DD eventually gets caps as they would really be useful especially for our Jeep off road applications.

Thanks!

Reactions: AFD
OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
I just received my DD hitch mount light and the first thing I noticed is the need for a cap when the pod is disconnected/removed. I wish this had been included ( I will continue my search).

However in the meantime, Please let us know if DD eventually gets caps as they would really be useful especially for our Jeep off road applications.

Thanks!
Good morning!

If you're in need of a cap immediately, they are offered online from multiple sources for a low price.

https://www.amazon.com/Dust-Cover-P...327152&sprefix=dt+connector+cap,aps,96&sr=8-3

However, our team after releasing this product has caps requested by many users. We hope to be rolling our DD caps with our HitchMount LED pods in the near future!

Thank you for your recommendation, request, and patience.

Rock Hopper

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
Good morning!

If you're in need of a cap immediately, they are offered online from multiple sources for a low price.

https://www.amazon.com/Dust-Cover-Plug-Plastic-Body/dp/B01L40BIM8/ref=sr_1_3?crid=OK6QSP6CXMR8&keywords=dt+connector+cap&qid=1679327152&sprefix=dt+connector+cap,aps,96&sr=8-3

However, our team after releasing this product has caps requested by many users. We hope to be rolling our DD caps with our HitchMount LED pods in the near future!

Thank you for your recommendation, request, and patience.
Thank you for the info and update.

Hopefully you will notify us and/or make these available when you get them in stock to those of us who have previously purchased the LED Pods.

Very much appreciated.

Reactions: AFD

Apexcars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500

However, in the meantime, please let us know if DD eventually gets caps as they would really be useful especially for our Jeep off road applications.

Thanks!
I see the need for the cap when you need to use the receiver for towing or something, but I don't see the need for the cap when off-roading. I am planning to leave the light in and connected when off-roading, is there some reason I shouldn't do this?

Sponsored

Rock Hopper

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
I see the need for the cap when you need to use the receiver for towing or something, but I don't see the need for the cap when off-roading. I am planning to leave the light in and connected when off-roading, is there some reason I shouldn't do this?
Agreed. To clarify; My point was "IF" you had the pod out or disconnected while off roading, the chance of getting that unprotected connector fouled up would be greater than if you were simply driving on paved roads. *Sometimes I leave my hitch in for a few days at a time.
Along those lines, I'd hate it to be back there uncapped while driving (towing) in rain, snow or mud.

I plan on keeping the LED Pod in most of the time-however on the occasions that it is out when I tow, or leave my hitch in, I would like that open connector it to be capped. It also looks like the cap can be mounted which has the added benefit of securing the wire and connector from flopping around. Win~Win.

Javwohl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 vw gti, 2001 dodge ram, 2023 jlr punk'n
Occupation
engineer
I got mine a few days ago build quality is way better than I expected. And pretty hefty can tell made with metal not plastic. Now if my Jeep would ever get built.

Sponsored

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
Just got notification that mine will be here tomorrow!
When'd you order and which version?

I'm about 2 weeks for the brake version.

Nm, mine just shipped today and should be here on Friday! 🥳

Last edited:
OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
I got mine a few days ago build quality is way better than I expected. And pretty hefty can tell made with metal not plastic. Now if my Jeep would ever get built.
Thank you for the positive feedback! We hope you receive your Jeep soon! :like:

Ordered last week. Looking forward to that shipping confirmation!
Our production and shipping team is hard at work, it shouldn't be too long. Thank you for your patience, we cannot wait to get your HitchMount LED Pod to you! 🙌

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
Does anyone have one of these and a Metal Cloak rear bumper? It relocates the plug up higher and I am curious on if there is enough space, or it may just be a lack thereof with the DEF tank.

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)