Sponsored

NEW! Stage Series HitchMount LED Pod Kit | The BEST 5 Minute Mod!

mrtm1970

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Pretty obvious to me but ....... For those with tinted windows.... when you look to your side mirrors when you are backing up and wonder why your backup lighting seems insufficient. Daaaah.... it's your tinted windows.

As for this Diode Dynamics offering, Light output is excellent and no, no issues with rear camera washout thanks to the LED pod light. The Diode Dynamics Stage Series HitchMount LED Pod Kit is a terrific add.

And when you get too overly bright or poorly placed LED back-up lights and then the camera view washes out.... so camera view is not helpful.
I am old school and do not just rely on the back-up camera when going in reverseā€¦I use it as a helpful guide tool but always look out the back when going in reverse. I said these lights were good, just not fully giving light that I am used to. I used to have a ā€˜04 AEV Hemi TJ and installed white PIA lights for reverse that lit up the whole surrounding, lighting up past each side of the Jeep. I had them mounted just on the low sides of the spare tire on a swing out bumper carrier. Even through dark tint I could clearly see everything at night when in reverse. Like I mentioned, I will be ADDING to this light, more to get the full lighting effect I am used to.

Forgot to addā€¦also my street is barely lit up if not at all and I always pull into my driveway and into the garage in reverse so it IS VERY hard to see anything when turning into my driveway in reverseā€¦not able to currently see the start of the side of my driveway when doing so at night because of it.
Sponsored

ashegam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 2DR Willys Sports
Are expectations now a days that red break lights serve a dual purpose as flood lights too?

mrtm1970

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Are expectations now a days that red break lights serve a dual purpose as flood lights too?
No...just got the idea from another thread on here about trying to wire up a Rear Fog like the Euro JLU, but it was realized they have a different rear bumper than US. Here in FL the fog get pretty thick causing horrible visibility. I had a M3 BMW that I modded to add the Rear Fog light & loved it. So light bulb in the head went off, lol.

mrtm1970

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
My concern was that your post would scare guys/gals away from a terrific product offering.

You have a learning curve in regard to your JL and it's b/u lighting.

Yes.. sure..... install super bright LED b/u lights... incorrectly placed b/u lights, if you do not care about camera viewing when you b/u your JL.

In regard to your C1R's. You should contact Diode Dynamics, now/ASAP at 314-205-3033 (Monday-Friday, 10-5 CST) and let them know the pulse feature is not working.... Unless you do not want to use the pulse feature that you paid for.

IF you call Diode Dynamics, let us know what they said. No, don't go at the DD forum rep here, do call DD support that deals with product installs, etc.. DD support is very good.... far above average and they are very customer oriented.
I understand and have edited my opinion/review to not seem so negative (harsh) as I DO really like the product and I AM keeping it. I just will be adding additional Back-up lighting to suit MY needs.

Also it sounds like many (myself might end up being included in the group) are getting this product AND the other one you do not care for so much...I don't think people are not swayed from getting this product with the other offering. Unlike the other product, this has a lot more functionality to it than JUST Back-up lighting. As stated before, I plan to use the Brake light as a "Rear Fog Light" via a switch I will have mounted somewhere on the dash to not take up any of my Aux Switchs.

As for calling DD...I did and I have to e-mail them a copy of my receipt (for verification) and a blurb about what my technical issue is and they will send it to the tech team and respond back.

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
My initial reaction with it tonightā€¦not as broad (wide) a back-up light as I was hoping:

Without brake light:
983CA438-9112-444B-8B06-D6FC2FFF2B0E.jpeg
Appears comparable to the other backup cam pic that @Apexcars posted (see below). Seems the C1/R light output reaches pretty far out, so I wonder if there's any way to maybe shim or angle the unit just slightly downward inside the hitch to get a little less distance, but a bit more up-close coverage? Could also use something like a Lamin-X headlight overlay or something similar to get a little more light diffusion.

Think a linearly gradiated fog lens would probably be perfect, but seems like that would be a pain to DIY nicely, but maybe not impossible for a future revision, since the C1/R Hitchpod is based on their standard C1 pods which already have a version with a fog lens. Though I'm guessing this idea was likely never entertained, since the fog lens over a red brake light might not work as well.

Jeep Wrangler JL NEW! Stage Series HitchMount LED Pod Kit | The BEST 5 Minute Mod! Image1

https://www.diodedynamics.com/stage-series-c1-white-sae-dot-fog-standard-led-pod-one.html

Jeep Wrangler JL NEW! Stage Series HitchMount LED Pod Kit | The BEST 5 Minute Mod! 983CA438-9112-444B-8B06-D6FC2FFF2B0E
Jeep Wrangler JL NEW! Stage Series HitchMount LED Pod Kit | The BEST 5 Minute Mod! 3F4ABD0A-FE6C-45B8-ADBC-09AFFA932076

Sponsored

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
Have yā€™all had any luck with a fix for the GMC ?
Our website states:

GM/Chevy: This product is not compatible with 2020+ trucks

However, I just contacted our lead engineer and confirmed this is temporary!

Our engineering samples arrived yesterday which fixes any errors, codes, or issues for GMC/Chevy trucks.

Stay tuned!

:rock:

Mgirls

First Name
Vinnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sahara 4XE
Our website states:

GM/Chevy: This product is not compatible with 2020+ trucks

However, I just contacted our lead engineer and confirmed this is temporary!

Our engineering samples arrived yesterday which fixes any errors, codes, or issues for GMC/Chevy trucks.

Stay tuned!

:rock:
Thank you... It's a 2019 (new body style) GMC Sierra 1500.Please lmk...thanks

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
Thank you... It's a 2019 (new body style) GMC Sierra 1500.Please lmk...thanks
There should be updates forwarded by our customer service team.

If you're not receiving email updates, you can contact our team directly to assure you're receiving notifications! šŸ‘

Hours: Monday-Friday 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 314-205-3033

Sponsored

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
jwNkPhv.jpg

Our Spring Sale is LIVE! šŸšØ Visit our website to SAVE!

āž” Up to 15% OFF All Lighting Upgrades
āž” 15% OFF Stage Series Rock Lights & HitchMount LED Pods
āž” 10% OFF Elite Series JL/JT Headlights
āž” Free US Shipping on any order over $300!

No coupon code is required.

Click HERE to shop your ride!

John C.
Diode Dynamics

Sale ends 11:59 p.m. CST on Monday, 3/13/2023. Cannot be combined with other coupon codes. Excludes items with pre-order status.

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
Just ordered the hitch light. Was going to post if there was a sale coming up and there was!
How? They were showing in-stock, but the discount wouldn't show at checkout and now they're out-of-stock and backordered again, so the discount is excluded.

Why advertise a discount for a product that can't be honored? :mad:

Slammed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLRU ,2010 Kia Soul
Mine said back ordered,but still went through at discounted price. Iā€™m in no hurry so the the 3-4 week back order is ok

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
How? They were showing in-stock, but the discount wouldn't show at checkout and now they're out-of-stock and backordered again, so the discount is excluded.

Why advertise a discount for a product that can't be honored? :mad:
Mine said back ordered,but still went through at discounted price. Iā€™m in no hurry so the the 3-4 week back order is ok
Correct, in-stock inventory sold out quickly since this is our most popular item to date.

They will be back in production this week and re-stocking as soon as possible!

While they are back-ordered now, they are still available to order and secure for a discounted rate.

fF15KzW.png

https://www.diodedynamics.com/hitchmount-led-pod-reverse-kit.html
Sponsored

Reactions: AFD