Sponsored

NEW! Stage Series HitchMount LED Pod Kit | The BEST 5 Minute Mod!

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
@Diode Dynamics Is there any reason my HitchMount Pod would suddenly start freaking out after working fine for nearly an entire year??

Not exactly sure how long it's been doing this, but on the way home tonight I saw flashing lights in my sideview mirror (in the tire spray from wet roads) and realized my HitchMount Pod was flashing white on and off while driving. Pulled over, put it into park with handbrake on and the light was still lit solid white. Nothing felt loose or damaged and the only thing that might've touched it or the wiring was rain (and maybe some snow/slush the week prior). Shutting the vehicle down and back up didn't change anything, so I drove a few minutes further into town where it was finally back to red (using the backup cam app to see what it was doing). Seemed to be switching red when the brakes were pressed while driving, but at a stop it looked like they were all lit white. A little closer to home I then realized that the stupid thing was now flashing bright white in time with my right turn signal or hazard lights on (but didn't do anything for my left turn signal).

The only thing I can think of that might've caused this tonight was water spray from driving through the puddles in the highway, though I would assume this unit and it's harness should be waterproof to some extent.

Gonna have to wait until everything dries out before messing with it anyway, but any ideas on what to with it and how to keep it from happening again if starts working properly again?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
@Diode Dynamics Is there any reason my HitchMount Pod would suddenly start freaking out after working fine for nearly an entire year??

Not exactly sure how long it's been doing this, but on the way home tonight I saw flashing lights in my sideview mirror (in the tire spray from wet roads) and realized my HitchMount Pod was flashing white on and off while driving. Pulled over, put it into park with handbrake on and the light was still lit solid white. Nothing felt loose or damaged and the only thing that might've touched it or the wiring was rain (and maybe some snow/slush the week prior). Shutting the vehicle down and back up didn't change anything, so I drove a few minutes further into town where it was finally back to red (using the backup cam app to see what it was doing). Seemed to be switching red when the brakes were pressed while driving, but at a stop it looked like they were all lit white. A little closer to home I then realized that the stupid thing was now flashing bright white in time with my right turn signal or hazard lights on (but didn't do anything for my left turn signal).

The only thing I can think of that might've caused this tonight was water spray from driving through the puddles in the highway, though I would assume this unit and it's harness should be waterproof to some extent.

Gonna have to wait until everything dries out before messing with it anyway, but any ideas on what to with it and how to keep it from happening again if starts working properly again?
Hey there!

First off I apologize to hear about this. I haven't heard any customer feedback on this experience.

To be transparent, I'd contact our customer service team at 314-205-3033 Monday-Friday 10 a.m.- 5 p.m. CST, or shoot us an email at [email protected].

Our in-house US service team would be happy to provide insight, troubleshoot, or play it safe and completely warranty the product for your satisfaction!

Hours: Monday-Friday 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. CDT
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 314-205-3033