New Spring Pad Option for Mopar Lift Correction

ocrejects

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Tiguan SE
I ordered the Alloy USA pads to replaced my smashed mopar pads, they should arrive any day now. I'll post pics for comparison after I get them installed.
Do you have the link? Could not find them.
Sponsored

ocrejects

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
RK makes our own 2.5" Springs and Spring pads that work like a charm in the JL. We solved that issue Day 1....

2018RUBI

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Please do! Curious if they are identical left to right.
Ken,

I got the pads and I wish I could say it has been a positive experience but it has not. So I ordered part# 61003 "Alloy Front Spring Isolators Mopar". Now to my understanding these should replace the isolators that come with the Mopar 2.5" JL lift kit. However, one pad has the correct index point and the other does not. The spring orientation for the mopar coils is the same on both the left and right side, so the index point must be the same on both isolators.
20181008_163141.jpg

20181008_155444.jpg
One of them fits both sides (07005) and the other is useless. I've put a ticket in with Alloy USA and hopefully they send me the right one. The one below has the wrong index orientation (yes no matter which side its installed on) . Also, they have no left/right identification that I can see.
I'm glad I checked before I dropped my suspension!
20181005_184424.jpg

Sponsored

ocrejects

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ken,

I got the pads and I wish I could say it has been a positive experience but it has not. So I ordered part# 61003 "Alloy Front Spring Isolators Mopar". Now to my understanding these should replace the isolators that come with the Mopar 2.5" JL lift kit. However, one pad has the correct index point and the other does not. The spring orientation for the mopar coils is the same on both the left and right side, so the index point must be the same on both isolators.
20181008_163141.jpg

20181008_155444.jpg
One of them fits both sides (07005) and the other is useless. I've put a ticket in with Alloy USA and hopefully they send me the right one. The one below has the wrong index orientation (yes no matter which side its installed on) . Also, they have no left/right identification that I can see.
20181005_184424.jpg
Just an FYI, is the Mopar 2 inch lift not 2 1/2 and you can always save the other isolator for another time, LOL

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
Coil Spring Seats will help, but another thing that will help is getting the axle centered left to right with an adjustable track bar. It looks like your axle is over to the driver side pretty good in that picture.

wbee

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU, 2018 JLUR
I went with the Rock Crawler pads, no complaints here. They worked out perfectly for my Mopar springs. I highly recommend them, in fact after getting them I wished I would have just bought a RK lift to begin with.

Last edited:

ocrejects

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Coil Spring Seats will help, but another thing that will help is getting the axle centered left to right with an adjustable track bar. It looks like your axle is over to the driver side pretty good in that picture.
Question, how did the axle get moved to the left or to the right and how can you tell that the axle is over to the driver side pretty good in the picture that was provided? And what’s the best way to square up your act so if you don’t have an adjustable track bar.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Khsonic03

Khsonic03

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Ken,

20181008_163141.jpg

20181008_155444.jpg
20181005_184424.jpg
Interesting. I noticed that as well in the pictures and wondered if it was correct or not. Is the thickness the same on both of them? Sorry you have to deal with that!

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
I went with the Rock Crawler pads, no complaints here. They worked out perfectly for my Mopar springs. I highly recommend them, in fact after getting them I wished I would have just bought a RK lift to begin with.
At RK we believe in solving the root of the problem and not putting band aids on it. We only see this issue of bowing coils getting worse over time as coils bow more, the vehicle looses lift height etc.

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Question, how did the axle get moved to the left or to the right and how can you tell that the axle is over to the driver side pretty good in the picture that was provided? And what’s the best way to square up your act so if you don’t have an adjustable track bar.
The picture shows it very well for someone who is used to looking at it. The only way to correct it would be to use an adjustable track bar... That is the proper way to address it..

FrankieFJL

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
IT Professional
Vehicle Showcase
The picture shows it very well for someone who is used to looking at it. The only way to correct it would be to use an adjustable track bar... That is the proper way to address it..
I want to thank you for the wealth of information you have provided in this thread. I totally support vendors who take the time to engage with their customers and potential customers and answer any questions or concerns. It shows that you care. Just wanted to let you know that I appreciate it and it has not gone unnoticed, I have purchased your RK correction pads as well as RK front and rear adjustable track bars from Northridge 4x4.

I know Mopar wanted to keep their pricepoint low, but feel they have done their customers a disservice by not mentioning that adjustable track bars would be needed on any lift over 2". I will be looking to Rock Krawler for future purchases also!