New Spring Pad Option for Mopar Lift Correction

Khsonic03

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Thought I would post this. Very interested in this because one big difference between these and the Rock Krawler ones is that it appears they are indexed differently for the Mopar lift and from left to right.

The Rock Krawler pads are identical for left/right. Additionally Alloy USA sells 2 versions of these. One for aftermarket lifts and one for Mopar lifts.

I noticed with the Rock Krawler pads and the Mopar lift that my front right sits lower than the front left and I'm wondering if the indexing is causing it.

2018-08-31_12-19-47.jpg
Sponsored

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
Our correction pads are designed for right hand wound springs whereas theirs are one right and one left. The mopar kit has coils that will be well suited with the new style pads linked above from Alloy USA. They have no affiliation with us but the image looks like a nice quality part.

OP
OP
Khsonic03

Khsonic03

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Our correction pads are designed for right hand wound springs whereas theirs are one right and one left. The mopar kit has coils that will be well suited with the new style pads linked above from Alloy USA. They have no affiliation with us but the image looks like a nice quality part.
Thanks! So do you not recommend your pads for use with the Mopar kit? Yours seem to resemble the ones that Alloy USA recommends for aftermarket lifts.

Although, I guess I'm a little confused now, because if the ones they picture for the Mopar kit are for right & left wound springs, how would that work? I'm pretty sure in the mopar kit, the springs are wound the same way.

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
Thanks! So do you not recommend your pads for use with the Mopar kit? Yours seem to resemble the ones that Alloy USA recommends for aftermarket lifts.

Although, I guess I'm a little confused now, because if the ones they picture for the Mopar kit are for right & left wound springs, how would that work? I'm pretty sure in the mopar kit, the springs are wound the same way.
Our pads eliminate the right/left requirement although they were designed for a right wound spring, they work well for right and left regardless. Our pads compliment the Mopar kit very well and we have not seen any unsatisfied customer using our pads. There have been a lot of revisions to the Mopar kit at this point so who knows what springs are in it now.

FrankieFJL

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
IT Professional
Vehicle Showcase
Our pads eliminate the right/left requirement although they were designed for a right wound spring, they work well for right and left regardless. Our pads compliment the Mopar kit very well and we have not seen any unsatisfied customer using our pads. There have been a lot of revisions to the Mopar kit at this point so who knows what springs are in it now.
+1 Waiting to see what my springs look like before ordering pads.

Sponsored

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Definitely understand! This past weekend at the Pomona Offroad Expo we had our JL up on a 2' stand and the coils were still standing up perfectly straight. Other companies there had their JL's up on a 1' stand and their coils looked like bananas under their Jeep. People were walking back and forth between the two companies checking out the products and were amazed at the difference..... We definitely had this product out and were first to market with them, but like a lot of things, when you have a great, simple solution to a problem it will often get duplicated...

2018RUBI

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
I ordered the Alloy USA pads to replaced my smashed mopar pads, they should arrive any day now. I'll post pics for comparison after I get them installed.

OP
OP
Khsonic03

Khsonic03

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I ordered the Alloy USA pads to replaced my smashed mopar pads, they should arrive any day now. I'll post pics for comparison after I get them installed.
Please do! Curious if they are identical left to right.

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
What everyone is missing is the helix orientation that RK uses! Trying to not give any real trade secrets, but the way we put the helix in the bottom makes the coil stand up straight and perform its proper function in the vehicle, it loads the spring pad properly to prevent further damage of the new spring pads, and they work on both left hand and right hand wound coil springs in the JL. Nothing good long term ever comes from a bowing coil spring. When people say their coils do not have an issue, they are not trying hard enough. We have been pounding JL's to the ground since they came out so we know what is going to be an issue with them. We are proud to say, even to date, our coils are standing up the best out there!

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Please note to the OP, if the springs are standing up straight the springs are accepting the loads as they are designed. The indexing on the bottom would not cause the vehicle to list to a side if the springs are standing up properly. That would just be the springs themselves.

Sponsored

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Please note to the OP, if the springs are standing up straight the springs are accepting the loads as they are designed. The indexing on the bottom would not cause the vehicle to list to a side if the springs are standing up properly. That would just be the springs themselves.
So can these be used with other aftermarket lifts when replacing OEM is required?

ocrejects

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Tiguan SE
I just want to confirm what you just said. That rock crawler correction pads are for the right side only and that’s why both of them are exactly the same? Because it’s the left side, driver side that is having mostly issues with the Mopar 2 inch left not the right side. So I buy the correction Pads from you and you sell two of them you’re saying that the bustle right side only? Please clarify

ocrejects

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Tiguan SE
What everyone is missing is the helix orientation that RK uses! Trying to not give any real trade secrets, but the way we put the helix in the bottom makes the coil stand up straight and perform its proper function in the vehicle, it loads the spring pad properly to prevent further damage of the new spring pads, and they work on both left hand and right hand wound coil springs in the JL. Nothing good long term ever comes from a bowing coil spring. When people say their coils do not have an issue, they are not trying hard enough. We have been pounding JL's to the ground since they came out so we know what is going to be an issue with them. We are proud to say, even to date, our coils are standing up the best out there!
What is the part number for your coil springs for the JL Rubicon 2 inch lift. Are you saying that your coil springs will replace the ones they give you with the 2 inch left in order for the springs to set up right?