New Spring Pad Option for Mopar Lift Correction

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
The rear pads as we mentioned above are strictly for RK and RK only at this time unless others start to adopt that philosophy as well. We have done a lot of things unique with the JL and will continue to do so with future product developments. The base vehicle chassis wise has a lot of little detail items that can make it so much better it is not even funny. As we design and develop our long arm stuff we are noticing more and more. It is a great vehicle to improve upon for sure....
How’s that long arm kit coming? Still the plan to be able to upgrade the mid arm kits?

Sloth

First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU

Punkindave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0 Turbo Bluebicon, 2020 JLUR 2.0 Turbo (Wife's)
Occupation
ITS Project Manager
Silly question...
Mopar 2.5" lift with the bump stops installed. Can the spring pads be swapped using a spring compressor without completely dropping the axle?

Last edited:

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
Theoretically, yeah. Support the jeep by the frame and you should be able to compress the coils to do it. I stay far away from coil compressors so that's not how I'd go about it, but it should work.

Sponsored

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I kinda doubt any of the "all-thread" compressors would work for JL springs, most of those tools are pretty light duty and really only work for McPherson strut style stuff on cars and minivans.

Now I haven't tried it and I could be wrong. I just know I've got a mid-level compressor (read: not HF) and it wouldn't touch front coils for an '14 Taco.

I went and bought a wall mount Branick after that LOL

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
I kinda doubt any of the "all-thread" compressors would work for JL springs, most of those tools are pretty light duty and really only work for McPherson strut style stuff on cars and minivans.

Now I haven't tried it and I could be wrong. I just know I've got a mid-level compressor (read: not HF) and it wouldn't touch front coils for an '14 Taco.

I went and bought a wall mount Branick after that LOL

Comparing the spring rates of an IFS truck to the spring rates of a solid axle are not apples to apples. The Stock tacoma front spring rate is somewhere around 500lbs/in whereas a JL is, depending on options, around 118-128lbs/in.

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Comparing the spring rates of an IFS truck to the spring rates of a solid axle are not apples to apples. The Stock tacoma front spring rate is somewhere around 500lbs/in whereas a JL is, depending on options, around 118-128lbs/in.
I'd say you're right! I didn't tighten anything down (spring compressors make me think of split rims of old, ie widowmakers) but it's 100% plausible my ATD 7550 would compress my old front Rubi springs

IMG_20191015_093423381.jpg

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Rear springs also seem completely feasible. They're the max diameter of round stock - the silver safety pin BARELY clears the spring stock

IMG_20191015_094600999.jpg

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
I'd say you're right! I didn't tighten anything down (spring compressors make me think of split rims of old, ie widowmakers) but it's 100% plausible my ATD 7550 would compress my old front Rubi springs
That's just the difference in how IFS and solid axles function. IFS operates on a motion ratio that is typically not 1:1 so they run heavier springs.

Sponsored

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Hi , got those for rear jl , would it work , I have the mopar lift
On a Mopar kit, that will likely make your jeep lean towards the driver side. Pick up 2 of the driver side isolators and run them on driver and passenger sides.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
On a Mopar kit, that will likely make your jeep lean towards the driver side. Pick up 2 of the driver side isolators and run them on driver and passenger sides.
I don't know what happen today but i bought the RK isloters for my 2018 JL Rubicon with the Moper 2 inch lift. the shop i went to went to put them on and they wouldn't fit at all. I dont what wrongs because 4 wheel parts says they sent me the right ones and its sow in their computer i was snt the right ones. the shop trim them to make them work but i want to know what could have been wrong ? is there another one that's close to it for the front that maybe they pulled the wrong nes from their big warehouse but it showed i got the right nes but didn't ? On the isolators i had taken a photo of of them when i got them and the numbers are to read but it looks like the number on the inside of it is #07007 i dont if that will help, anyone have a set in your hands PLEASE look at the number on the isolators inside of it and please see if it says that number or what yours show. thank you so much. Pay someone to put them on and then You find out they sent the wrong part and that sucks. Here is the photo of the islaters I was sent. anyone have a set that they can look at please and see if that number is on yours for the JL please. I know its hard to read but I need your help so I can find out what I was sent since their computers say it sent me the right one and they didn't. It wouldn't fit fit we had to trim some of it to modify it to work. They said that's would still be ok i guess it is ?

20191211_205335.jpg

Screenshot_20191211-204910_Facebook.jpg

TheCanadianJeeper

First Name
Alain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2019
I don't know what happen today but i bought the RK isloters for my 2018 JL Rubicon with the Moper 2 inch lift. the shop i went to went to put them on and they wouldn't fit at all. I dont what wrongs because 4 wheel parts says they sent me the right ones and its sow in their computer i was snt the right ones. the shop trim them to make them work but i want to know what could have been wrong ? is there another one that's close to it for the front that maybe they pulled the wrong nes from their big warehouse but it showed i got the right nes but didn't ? On the isolators i had taken a photo of of them when i got them and the numbers are to read but it looks like the number on the inside of it is #07007 i dont if that will help, anyone have a set in your hands PLEASE look at the number on the isolators inside of it and please see if it says that number or what yours show. thank you so much. Pay someone to put them on and then You find out they sent the wrong part and that sucks. Here is the photo of the islaters I was sent. anyone have a set that they can look at please and see if that number is on yours for the JL please. I know its hard to read but I need your help so I can find out what I was sent since their computers say it sent me the right one and they didn't. It wouldn't fit fit we had to trim some of it to modify it to work. They said that's would still be ok i guess it is ?

20191211_205335.jpg

Screenshot_20191211-204910_Facebook.jpg
Are you talking about the front one or rear ?

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Are you talking about the front one or rear ?
Front.I would love to be able to prove that number what it goes to the rear or something so I can prove they sent me the wrong ones. They probably pulled them out of their big warehouse for something else but yet showed in the computer I got the right ones. o know it can happen so when you pull parts and type in the right number but pull the wrong part I just want to be able to prove it. Likely the shop I was at trim the pieces on both of them where they got it fit or I would have had to pay they twice because they had my wheels off includingI would have had to pay again to put them on
Sponsored