Sponsored

New some advice for tires/soft top

Northern88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler jl 2 dr
Just bought my 2020 2dr 2.0 turbo 8spd JL last month and already put 2000 miles on it cruising around during quarantine. I don’t plan to mod this Jeep much as it’s my daily driver and I don’t do crazy off-roading just a lot two tracks in northern Michigan and some mud.

I know I would like some mud tires on it but don’t plan on doing a lift or much else besides steel bumpers and a winch later on. what would the best overall mud tire/size you would recommend for a fairly cheap price? Even something used would be fine.

I would also like to get a cheap soft top for the summer months and store the hardtop until winter. Any recommendations that could point me in a direction? Doesn’t have to be fancy just something more convenient than a hardtop.
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
A friend of mine has these on his JK and has been happy w/ them, and they're D rated so a bit softer than the E rated sets that are common in this size. The 285/70/17 should fit pretty good on your stock JL. Might consider a Rubicon take off suspension to give you a bit more room, and you can find those parts on the site for a good price.
https://simpletire.com/achilles-285-70r17-mao287017-tires

OP
OP
Northern88

Northern88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler jl 2 dr
Did a bit of research on these and I think I’m going to pull the trigger. The only negative thing I could find about them was how bad they performed on wet road conditions.
Sponsored