New Sight Pusher

CarbonSteel

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Bought one of these last week and it arrived today. I have to say this thing is a beast and is definitely a "buy once-cry once" tool. I have an MGW pusher for my Glocks, but the S&W, HK, and Walthers have trapezoidal shape slides and this tool was built to accommodate multiple shapes (even parallel sided slides).

I installed a set of Truglo Tritium sights on one of my S&W M&P 2.0 pistols today and the front sight was stupidly tight. So much so, that it sounded like a .22 going off when it broke free. There was no way that I could have used a punch to change it. If you are in the market for one, you cannot go wrong with this one:

https://www.sightpushertool.com/

JK2s14.png

Gummiente62

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport, 1997 C5 Corvette, 2003 HD Super Glide
Occupation
Retired
Sweet! Thanks for posting this, I've been thinking of getting another MP9 to replace the one I sold in a moment of stupidity. Had a hell of a time adjusting the sights on it, so this tool will be a big help on the new one.

OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Sweet! Thanks for posting this, I've been thinking of getting another MP9 to replace the one I sold in a moment of stupidity. Had a hell of a time adjusting the sights on it, so this tool will be a big help on the new one.
I have changed many sights in my time, but the sights on this M&P were the tightest I have ever encountered. This tool tackled it with ease and left no marks on the sight or the slide.

It includes a 3/16" flat pusher that fits perfectly in the sight groove. MGW used to make a S&W pusher, but there were so many that broke, they stopped making it. I was tempted to pick one up after my experience with my Glock MGW pusher, but was glad that I did some research first. The sights are so tight that you need a very heavy duty tool to push them without breaking the tool or damaging the slide.

Ed (the maker of this tool) is a nice guy to boot!

jakebrake

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler rubicon recon
bought the mgw when I wanted to put trijicons on my m&ps. pretty much the only way to do it.

bought one used for the cost of a gunsmith changing 2 out of the 4.

OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
bought the mgw when I wanted to put trijicons on my m&ps. pretty much the only way to do it. bought one used for the cost of a gunsmith changing 2 out of the 4.
Yep; same here for the MGW Glock tool paid for itself almost immediately. MGW ceased production of the tool for S&W M&P because the tools were breaking or the front sights were. The front sight was so tight on one of M&P pistols it sounded like a .22 going off when it broke free. I can see how the blade could be broken in that instance.

jakebrake

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler rubicon recon
They work on 1911s? I have an mgw for m&ps, but, don't think it will work on 1911s.

Icon Vehicle Dynamics