Sponsored

New Rubicon yesterday. Hardtop freedom panels look unfinished inside,

nealwiley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2 dr, 2015 Willys 2 dr.
Had hardtop on my Jk it was finished inside. my Jl looks like it was spray foamed...
Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Had hardtop on my Jk it was finished inside. my Jl looks like it was spray foamed...
Pics would help, but are you sure your JK didn't have a factory headliner kit? Maybe that's what your thinking of? The white inside of the hard top has a textured finish to it.

OP
OP

nealwiley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pics would help, but are you sure your JK didn't have a factory headliner kit? Maybe that's what your thinking of? The white inside of the hard top has a textured finish to it.
The JK had a hard shell finish, this is softer and rough. But Like it anyway!

Sponsored

CMF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150 2021 SAHARA (that my wife lets me drive on the weekends..sometimes.)
The inside of our Sky One Touch reminds me of the inside of battery compartment on a boat, just rough finished fiberglass. I don't mind it.

K9-01

First Name
Chantelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
I think I know what you're talking about. My hardtop has a yellow "spray foam" looking material in certain places at the seams that I noticed when I first took it off. It definitely looks like it was done half-assed if this is what you're seeing with yours too?

Sponsored

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
Hardtop looks finished on my white JLR. Texture on the white is a finish. The HotHead panels look designer IMO.
Jeep Wrangler JL New Rubicon yesterday. Hardtop freedom panels look unfinished inside, Nopics
Awesome interior....

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
It takes a lot of skill to make the interior of our hardtops look like undercooked egg.

OP
OP

nealwiley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think I know what you're talking about. My hardtop has a yellow "spray foam" looking material in certain places at the seams that I noticed when I first took it off. It definitely looks like it was done half-assed if this is what you're seeing with yours too?
Yes.

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
The hard top interior is rough textured fiberglass. You did not by a car, you bought a Jeep. If you want your Jeep to look like a car, you'll need to buy headliners. But once you do that I would not recommend driving through mud with the doors off.
Sponsored