New Rubicon Owner/Ex-TRD Off Road Owner

JLFL78

First Name
Shelton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Finally made the move over to the 4 letter brand. Traded in a 2017 TRD Off Road Premium for nearly what I paid new. It had 60,xxx miles. The 4 Runner was great in the beginning, but we ended up having it repainted under warranty because the paint turned gray. I know.....very weird. There were a few pieces, like the handles and part of the front grill they apparently didn't paint, so they started to turn gray too. Field rep said it looked like the factory paint didn't properly cure. Ever since the summer of 2019 when we had it fixed, the appearance never seemed right. I've wanted a Jeep since I was 16, so I've been looking for something else since.

Found the Rubicon after fielding some STUPID quotes from Louisville, KY some places in Indiana. Louisville CDJ wanted 7K over retail for one on the lot. :LOL:. Got this one in NC and had to wait a couple of weeks for it, but was very happy with the deal. Options are pretty minimal (just as I wanted them) remote start, M/T tires, hard top and a couple of other odds and ends.

I've got to say, it is smaller than the 4Runner and I am a sizable dude. My kids have a hard time getting up in it, so probably not going to do any lift or larger tires. After driving it home, noticed a bit of pull to the right, which I have seen mentioned in a few other threads. I contacted Jeep and taking it to a local dealer in a few days. Otherwise, I am a happy owner. Thought I would share.

Jeep.jpg
Sponsored

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
Welcome! Like you I went from a ‘17 TRD Off Road Premium to a JL Rubicon, but made the jump in 18 after the 4Runner was in the shop for the 7th time in 9000 miles. Hey, even Toyota builds vehicles at 5PM on a Friday.

First Jeep did really well. On the second now. You’ll have a blast after the adjustment and will figure out quickly on here who is helpful and who is full of crap….

Holler if you need anything!

Sponsored

EJH220

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Rubicon Recon / 20 Aviator / 22 Bronco Sport
Welcome, and you will find this forum full of helpful resources. I am on my 2nd Wrangler and have learned a lot here. Lot's of helpful people!

EJH

gsbrockman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys XR in Hydro Blue
Occupation
Owner / Operator Brockman Hauling, LLC
Vehicle Showcase
Found the Rubicon after fielding some STUPID quotes from Louisville, KY some places in Indiana. Louisville CDJ wanted 7K over retail for one on the lot. :LOL:. Got this one in NC and had to wait a couple of weeks for it, but was very happy with the deal.
I’d been looking for either a slightly used or new Willys. Bachman CDJR in Jeffersonville, IN had a used Hella Yella 4 door equipped the way I’d wanted one if I’d ordered one, but it had 2k miles on it and they seemed to think it was worth sticker plus $3,000.....After they priced my mint, garage kept 2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus with some kind of ridiculous “V Auto Pricing” scheme......I knew enough was enough. I basically ended up telling them I could down a fifth of Jim Beam, wrap my T/A around a tree, and get more from Farm Bureau as a total loss.

Some of those larger, metropolitan dealers can be a headache.

Enjoy the new ride!

Trk3263

First Name
T2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Welcome, I am new here too but not new to Jeep just haven’t had one for a few years. I too traded my ‘18 Tacoma off road for a new JLUR got a hell of a deal on mine and been happy with it so far other than my wife driving it too much. Haha. Just ordered a front bumper and waiting on the badlands to go on sale again. Enjoy!

Sponsored

OP
OP
JLFL78

JLFL78

First Name
Shelton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Welcome! Like you I went from a ‘17 TRD Off Road Premium to a JL Rubicon, but made the jump in 18 after the 4Runner was in the shop for the 7th time in 9000 miles. Hey, even Toyota builds vehicles at 5PM on a Friday.

First Jeep did really well. On the second now. You’ll have a blast after the adjustment and will figure out quickly on here who is helpful and who is full of crap….

Holler if you need anything!
Sure thing Jeff, I'm excited to be a new Jeep owner!

OP
OP
JLFL78

JLFL78

First Name
Shelton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’d been looking for either a slightly used or new Willys. Bachman CDJR in Jeffersonville, IN had a used Hella Yella 4 door equipped the way I’d wanted one if I’d ordered one, but it had 2k miles on it and they seemed to think it was worth sticker plus $3,000.....After they priced my mint, garage kept 2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus with some kind of ridiculous “V Auto Pricing” scheme......I knew enough was enough. I basically ended up telling them I could down a fifth of Jim Beam, wrap my T/A around a tree, and get more from Farm Bureau as a total loss.

Some of those larger, metropolitan dealers can be a headache.

Enjoy the new ride!
Absolutely, I guess there may be folks who will pay it in the larger areas, but not around my parts. Thanks for the welcome Sir!

OP
OP
JLFL78

JLFL78

First Name
Shelton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Welcome, I am new here too but not new to Jeep just haven’t had one for a few years. I too traded my ‘18 Tacoma off road for a new JLUR got a hell of a deal on mine and been happy with it so far other than my wife driving it too much. Haha. Just ordered a front bumper and waiting on the badlands to go on sale again. Enjoy!
Yeah, maybe some mods are in order eventually....What bumper did you go with BTW?

SG19JLUR

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Your kids will get used to getting into it. I bought mine in February. They struggled to get in it when it was stock but they got used to it. Then I put a 2" lift and 37's, and they struggled again but figured it out. Now I'm on a 3.5" lift and 39's, and they struggled at first but now they're all used to it. Even the 3yr old can climb in and out no problem. Go ahead and lift it lol
Sponsored