Sponsored

New Rubicon - Hood Decals stay on or decals come off?

dreep jeemin

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5
Occupation
Professional Irritant
Does your Jeep identify as a Sport or something?

Why would anyone remove their Rubicon stickers?
If I go with Hydro as intended, I'll definitely be removing the 'RUBICON' wording -only to replace it with either something custom, or the same 'RUBICON' but with something other than the red outlining. My vision is such that my eyes have a very difficult time keeping red and blue separate. The two colours end up becoming purple. I just can not stand any red in my blue. At all. As such, I'll also be replacing the JEEP badging with something that isn't red.

rlnAZ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 4XE Sting Gray
So I'm going to conduct a straw poll. My eccentric, fastidious self says take off the Rubicon hood stickers. My car crazy youngest daughter (Thunderbird 3) agrees. However Middle daughter (Thunderbird 2) and my CEO (wife) think - in completely unambiguous and extremely vocal terms - that I MUST keep them on.

Am I the only new owner of a Rubicon 4xe that has had this weird thought and is living through this? If I'm going to do it, now is a good time. What do you all think? :ROFLMAO::oops::geek:

IMG_5700.jpeg
Have a 21 4XE Rubicon. I planned to remove the hood decal but changed my mind after driving it for a while in the AZ sun. In my view cuts some of the glare.

Sponsored

Bill_P

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2023 JLUWSXR
Occupation
Can't tell you..shhh
Keep it, breaks up the bright white and looks good.

Rubicon decals gives 10 more HP also.
I can attest to this. I put Rubicon stickers on my '18 Sport and immediately gained 2.5 inches of ground clearance and 15 HP. :devil: :CWL:

RockAltered

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLR V6 AT & 23 Ram Limited 4x4
Occupation
Retired.
Keep it, breaks up the bright white and looks good.
Rubicon decals gives 10 more HP also.
I ordered an all white 18 JLUR Immediately removed everything including the sticky Jeep letters.
I ordered an all white 22 JLR and decided to keep the Rubicon and Jeep lettering. I like the extra
10 HP.

KDB

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Door JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Removed all mine, was tempting to remove the "Jeep" stick on letters too but so far have left those. I prefer the cleaner simpler look and do not think I will be selling or trading this one in anytime soon
Jeep Wrangler JL New Rubicon - Hood Decals stay on or decals come off? IMG_0445-c

Sponsored

OP
OP
Marco corsa

Marco corsa

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon ‘22 4xe
Removed all mine, was tempting to remove the "Jeep" stick on letters too but so far have left those. I prefer the cleaner simpler look and do not think I will be selling or trading this one in anytime soon
Jeep Wrangler JL New Rubicon - Hood Decals stay on or decals come off? IMG_0445-c
Yes I love the look of that!