Sponsored

New Rubicon - Hood Decals stay on or decals come off?

OP
OP
Marco corsa

Marco corsa

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon ‘22 4xe
Whichever direction you choose, someone in your clan won't be happy. There is a 3rd option.

Remove the stock hood decal and replace it with a custom hood decal that everyone has (more) agreement on. Make it yours. You can get just about anything in any color at a reasonable price.
Truly, I think this might be a good option.

OP
OP
Marco corsa

Marco corsa

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon ‘22 4xe
If you decide to remove it, at least get a custom decal or graphic. Having the sticker does say that you have a Rubicon though.......hmmm......what will win? Let us know the final decision.
Thanks for thoughts and yes I will post pictures of dressed, naked or new dressed version 😎🤩

Slev

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited JL
So I'm going to conduct a straw poll. My eccentric, fastidious self says take off the Rubicon hood stickers. My car crazy youngest daughter (Thunderbird 3) agrees. However Middle daughter (Thunderbird 2) and my CEO (wife) think - in completely unambiguous and extremely vocal terms - that I MUST keep them on.

Am I the only new owner of a Rubicon 4xe that has had this weird thought and is living through this? If I'm going to do it, now is a good time. What do you all think? :ROFLMAO::oops::geek:

IMG_5700.jpeg
When I bought mine used
So I'm going to conduct a straw poll. My eccentric, fastidious self says take off the Rubicon hood stickers. My car crazy youngest daughter (Thunderbird 3) agrees. However Middle daughter (Thunderbird 2) and my CEO (wife) think - in completely unambiguous and extremely vocal terms - that I MUST keep them on.

Am I the only new owner of a Rubicon 4xe that has had this weird thought and is living through this? If I'm going to do it, now is a good time. What do you all think? :ROFLMAO::oops::geek:

Jeep Wrangler JL New Rubicon - Hood Decals stay on or decals come off? IMG_5700
when I bought mine used (Sahara) it had no decals so I created my own to personalize it. When passing other Jeeps I always look to see what they are. I personally like decals and have had a few comments on mine.

58AD4765-4180-406B-878E-A4A77A1601A7.jpeg

Sponsored

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Truly, I think this might be a good option.
Something that might work for you is a Rubicon decal in very light grays. That way it's both there and not there. Subtle.

Of course if something other than "Rubicon" fits your clan better, do that. I just wouldn't know what that is.

I do think no decal on a Rubicon comes across as "missing/lacking" instead of clean. I also understand the "too bro" aspect of the stock decal color scheme as well.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

Jeep Wrangler JL New Rubicon - Hood Decals stay on or decals come off? 58AD4765-4180-406B-878E-A4A77A1601A7
You could of saved money just buying Plain Sport if you wanted no name. :lipssealed::lipssealed:

Jeep Wrangler JL New Rubicon - Hood Decals stay on or decals come off? 1655660700081

SouthValleyPerformance

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022? Rubicon

Jeep Wrangler JL New Rubicon - Hood Decals stay on or decals come off? 1655660700081
This feels like a question only you can and should answer. You bought the rig for you/your family, not folks on the forums.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Marco corsa

Marco corsa

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon ‘22 4xe
This feels like a question only you can and should answer. You bought the rig for you/your family, not folks on the forums.
just having a bit of fun ........... plus it's so interesting to get peoples opinions, but of course you're right.

Slippery Pete

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUW XR 2.0T
Whichever direction you choose, someone in your clan won't be happy. There is a 3rd option.

Remove the stock hood decal and replace it with a custom hood decal that everyone has (more) agreement on. Make it yours. You can get just about anything in any color at a reasonable price.
You could go with a custom decal such as this...
Jeep Wrangler JL New Rubicon - Hood Decals stay on or decals come off? F846FA52-FFCC-40B6-850B-121422C1377C

Jarg1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 1997 911 (aka 993), 2021 Telsa 3
Occupation
Jeep modder, among other things.
I wanted to debadge, daughter wanted them on. They stayed on.
Sponsored