Sponsored

New Rubicon - Hood Decals stay on or decals come off?

JEEPmole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys 2dr
I played around with mine in an image editor to remove the hood decal and I wasn't a fan of the look, so I left them intact.

IMG_0086.jpeg

IMG_0087.jpeg
Now if only you could get rid of the saggy side window, and tell me how to eliminate it on my 2 door, you'd be a hero!

kah.mun.rah

First Name
Merenkahre Jr.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Mine will soon be replaced with numbers similar to the serial numbers on the hoods of the old military Jeeps. The serial number I am using will represent the birth months of the veterans in my family.
:flag:

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Whichever direction you choose, someone in your clan won't be happy. There is a 3rd option.

Remove the stock hood decal and replace it with a custom hood decal that everyone has (more) agreement on. Make it yours. You can get just about anything in any color at a reasonable price.

Sponsored

JeepVet74

First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mercedes AMG SLC43; 2022 392 XR
So I'm going to conduct a straw poll. My eccentric, fastidious self says take off the Rubicon hood stickers. My car crazy youngest daughter (Thunderbird 3) agrees. However Middle daughter (Thunderbird 2) and my CEO (wife) think - in completely unambiguous and extremely vocal terms - that I MUST keep them on.

Am I the only new owner of a Rubicon 4xe that has had this weird thought and is living through this? If I'm going to do it, now is a good time. What do you all think? :ROFLMAO::oops::geek:

IMG_5700.jpeg
IMHO. Don’t touch them.
Also, do what your wife says. 👍🏼

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Leave them unless you have a custom name for your ride in mind that you'll replace them with.

desmo2

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 TJ '97-'11. '21 billet silver JLR
Take it off on the driver side (the side you see) and leave it on the passenger side (the side your wife sees).

I told my wife I was going to put the trail badges on the driver side for that reason. She didn't find it practical at all, and certainly not humorous.

PLaz

First Name
Laz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
So I'm going to conduct a straw poll. My eccentric, fastidious self says take off the Rubicon hood stickers. My car crazy youngest daughter (Thunderbird 3) agrees. However Middle daughter (Thunderbird 2) and my CEO (wife) think - in completely unambiguous and extremely vocal terms - that I MUST keep them on.

Am I the only new owner of a Rubicon 4xe that has had this weird thought and is living through this? If I'm going to do it, now is a good time. What do you all think? :ROFLMAO::oops::geek:

IMG_5700.jpeg

Sponsored

PLaz

First Name
Laz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler

IMG_5700.jpeg

IMG_5700.jpeg
Removing the "Rubicon" stickers is the only modification I made to my 2013 Anvil Anniversary Edition. I thought the "Rubicon" lettering was a little too "bro". In other words, if your Jeep could wear an Ed Hardy shirt or sport a barbed wire tattoo, it would be the RUBICON sticker.
Jeep Wrangler JL New Rubicon - Hood Decals stay on or decals come off? 2013 Jeep Wrangler - Rubicon - Anvil

Last edited:

TheNewGuy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 door
I would leave them on. They will draw attention away from your fender and grill paint when it starts to turn yellow 😛😉

KrispyKotex

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Rubicon Snazzberry
Occupation
USN Submariner (ret), IT Analyst/Network Engineer
If you decide to remove it, at least get a custom decal or graphic. Having the sticker does say that you have a Rubicon though.......hmmm......what will win? Let us know the final decision.
Sponsored