New Rubicon Getting Trail Cam option!

ketelhut

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I'm not clear on where it's mounted. I'm just speccing out a new build and wonder if this would interfere with a Roadmaster baseplate install (I will be towing the jeep behind a motorhome)
Look at the RockHard bumper https://www.rockhard4x4.com/Jeep_Wrangler_JL_Bumpers_s/483.htm You can get Roadmaster tow bar brackets attached to the bumper. Been flat towing my JKU Sahara with this set up for 4 years & going to do the same on the new 21 JLUR. No base plate needed & super easy to hook up.
Sponsored

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLR 2.0
From Benny @AllMoparParts.com: https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...ve-part-numbers-list.34668/page-4#post-566064

There are multiple parts to the camera and mounting itself which I have linked below. Note in no way are we inferring this is plug and play but I understand there are other threads here discussing what is involved, I would suggest you research them thouroughly.

BumpDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited
Look at the RockHard bumper https://www.rockhard4x4.com/Jeep_Wrangler_JL_Bumpers_s/483.htm You can get Roadmaster tow bar brackets attached to the bumper. Been flat towing my JKU Sahara with this set up for 4 years & going to do the same on the new 21 JLUR. No base plate needed & super easy to hook up.
I also ordered a 21 JLUR and plan on shipping the RockHard bumper direct to the dealer for installation so I can tow it home with my RV when I take delivery. What I want to know is if the bull bar interferes with the view of the front trail cam. I havenā€™t called RockHard to ask, but plan on doing so.

shadyInCA

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model S, Toyota MR2 Spyder, Kia Sorrento, Newmar Baystar Sport
I also ordered a 21 JLUR and plan on shipping the RockHard bumper direct to the dealer for installation so I can tow it home with my RV when I take delivery. What I want to know is if the bull bar interferes with the view of the front trail cam. I havenā€™t called RockHard to ask, but plan on doing so.
I'm in the same situation. On that RockHard bumper page, lower down the page, there are bumpers without the bull bars, however, these are "Grille Width" instead of Full or Mid Width. Is the Grill Width wide enough to hookup the Roadmaster attachments?

BumpDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited
I'm in the same situation. On that RockHard bumper page, lower down the page, there are bumpers without the bull bars, however, these are "Grille Width" instead of Full or Mid Width. Is the Grill Width wide enough to hookup the Roadmaster attachments?
I'm sure it does - the website allows you to use the drop down box and add the tow bar brackets as an option. I just don't like the grill width.

I really like the LOD Signature Series Full Width and Mid Width (both are flat towable). In the option drop down boxes, you can "add" a bull bar as an option for $40, so you can get it without this option. My issue is the LOD bumpers are steel only, and I don't want the weight. Plus I do think the bull bar looks bad ass on either brand and want it on there. I'll give RockHard a call this week.

https://lodoffroad.com/products/jee...2018-jeep-jl-full-width-front-bumper-new.html

Sponsored

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Jeep Wrangler JL New Rubicon Getting Trail Cam option! 20200916_185333_HDR (3)
That is the WONDERFUL image I get from that QUALITY camera that Z Automotive sent. Buyer beware. They have NO customer service and I really wish I had bough a REAL tuner.

Reactions: J0E

Punjabi New Yorker

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mahindra Thar (in India) - 2.5L Diesel, 4x4, 5 spd Manual ; 2020 JLU Rubicon (in USA) - 3.6 Gas with 8 Speed Automatic
Occupation
Family business in India and USA (dual citizen of both)
That is the WONDERFUL image I get from that QUALITY camera that Z Automotive sent. Buyer beware. They have NO customer service and I really wish I had bough a REAL tuner.
Made in China?

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
Darpa is too advance for this.. buy the proper DJI stuff and your almost off an running.
From a hardware perspective, yeah sure.... kinda. From a software perspective... no way are you "almost off an running". That's some serious computational work.

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
From a hardware perspective, yeah sure.... kinda. From a software perspective... no way are you "almost off an running". That's some serious computational work.
Not at all as I see it. Just look at the DJI drones. They do everything we are talking about (including hand gestures) right now. Only peace thats missing is the link to send the video feed back to the screen on your head unit, and a mounting system of course.

Ntegtmeyer

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2014 Jeep Patriot Oscar Mike Edition, 2012 Jeep Compass Limited
I know two guys who have retrofitted from the JT to the JL the trail cam. In both cases it was using the Mopar parts (camera, video processor, and retrofitted/thinned wire harness) and was a $1500 project for all the parts -- too rich for my blood. But it can be done, and has been done.
Do you know if they got the washer nozzle to work too?

Sponsored

TRZ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Ocean Blue
What don't you like about it? It's SD video quality but nothing wrong with that. I mounted mine in my skid plate for a ground level view and I like it. Though it just died for the second time recently...
You have the camera from Z automotive and it died? Mine did too, but I have to go through hoops to verify the camera is broken before I can qualify for a replacement under my 2 year warranty.

TRZ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Ocean Blue
My (now dead) Z Automotive camera had a much better picture than that. What has their support said?

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
My (now dead) Z Automotive camera had a much better picture than that. What has their support said?
Two emails, no reply. The support sucks about as bad as the camera. On a side note, is there an Amazon camera that would work with that $20 a foot wire harness I bought from those yahoos?

Bob Burd

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snwburd.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Two emails, no reply. The support sucks about as bad as the camera. On a side note, is there an Amazon camera that would work with that $20 a foot wire harness I bought from those yahoos?
Yes. I only purchased the wire interface from Z. I bought a second HD camera because I didn't like the SD quality of the first one I tried. Only after the second one did I come to find the SD quality is from the interface to the head unit, not a limitation of the camera. If you're ok with SD quality, go for it. I find it sucky, personally, and only use it to park it in the garage.

tatarin

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB Mojito Sky One-Touch, 2015 Lexus RX350F-sport, 2005 Camry SE
Vehicle Showcase