JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
still 3.73s for diesel. sorry man.
No, it is 4.10 for the diesel, too. Make sure you're building 2021 and not 2020.
Sponsored

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer/ Content Creator
I was recently invited to run the Rubicon Trail. I was providing video coverage for a client who hosted the event. Anyway, the support vehicle in our group of 16 Jeeps was a Gladiator with the front camera. It is super useful and Jeep did a good job with the field of view on it.

I had chance to see it action on Little Sluice, I'd trust it to give me a good read of the trail/obstacles. I'll be adding this mod to my 2020 Recon in the future.

-Steven

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU

Sponsored

Sydwaiz

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 73 CJ-5
No one knows exactly where the error is. My 2021 build sheet says 3.73 but my sticker shows the lower mpg. I'll have to wait to get it to find out for sure. And I got the trail cam! I was also told by the dealer that it can be retrofitted to earlier models.

Turniipp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 3.0
No one knows exactly where the error is. My 2021 build sheet says 3.73 but my sticker shows the lower mpg. I'll have to wait to get it to find out for sure. And I got the trail cam! I was also told by the dealer that it can be retrofitted to earlier models.
All build sheets of 2021 JLURD have shown the 3.73 gearing. It's a mistake on the build configuration tool. Jeep didn't change the gearing. There are multiple posts and factory specs on this site regarding it.

Furthermore, the front trail cam requires an additional piece of hardware, not just the 8.4"screen. No one has been able to retrofit a 2020 or earlier with the HD camera from Jeep. There are other lower resolution alternatives as was previously mentioned.

I don't mean to be a butt. I've found a little research/searching goes a long ways.

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20; delivered 5/13/21
Build Thread
Link
I'm not clear on where it's mounted. I'm just speccing out a new build and wonder if this would interfere with a Roadmaster baseplate install (I will be towing the jeep behind a motorhome)
From the Jeep website, it appears to be located at the top of one of the grille slots.
20200910_204246.jpg

GerJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I was just going on what the website builder shows. Maybe it's an error. :whatsgoingon:
There always seems to be some configuration errors on the Jeep site. Best thing seems to be to look through the order guide.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
All build sheets of 2021 JLURD have shown the 3.73 gearing. It's a mistake on the build configuration tool. Jeep didn't change the gearing. There are multiple posts and factory specs on this site regarding it.

Furthermore, the front trail cam requires an additional piece of hardware, not just the 8.4"screen. No one has been able to retrofit a 2020 or earlier with the HD camera from Jeep. There are other lower resolution alternatives as was previously mentioned.

I don't mean to be a butt. I've found a little research/searching goes a long ways.
I know two guys who have retrofitted from the JT to the JL the trail cam. In both cases it was using the Mopar parts (camera, video processor, and retrofitted/thinned wire harness) and was a $1500 project for all the parts -- too rich for my blood. But it can be done, and has been done.

Sponsored

GerJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Can you confirm that the upgrade only works with the 8.4” screen and not the 7” screen?
To add it to a 2021 Rubicon you must have the 8.4 radio and LED lighting package according to the order guide making it over a $3000 option if you don’t want those packages. Not sure what dependencies it has n those two options.

Turniipp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 3.0
I know two guys who have retrofitted from the JT to the JL the trail cam. In both cases it was using the Mopar parts (camera, video processor, and retrofitted/thinned wire harness) and was a $1500 project for all the parts -- too rich for my blood. But it can be done, and has been done.
I spoke in absolutes and with enough money anything is possible, just ask O.J.:angry:

My apologies, it is possible, for a price.

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Installed the Z Automotive camera last weekend. Thing is garbage. Need to post a picture of the "quality view" I have.
Sponsored