First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
The new Rock-trac comes with CV joints. Any idea how much a set would run and if they’re a drop in replacement for the u joint versions?
Sponsored

AllMoparParts.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL

OllieChristopher

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC 2WD Sierra, 4.3, NV3500, 3:73/TruTrac
Thank you Benny!! I know this is an old thread but I was wondering about Roc-Trac axle cost and the ability to just replace the boot/joint. It looks to be pricy. OTOH it also seems to be very stout considering it comes on the 392 package.

I'm holding off on what my next vehicle is going to be, So researching cost of consumable/wearable parts and ownership is important.

I really like the idea of Roc-Trac for going to the cabin in winter and also for my lack of experience in a 4wd rig.

AllMoparParts.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Thank you Benny!! I know this is an old thread but I was wondering about Roc-Trac axle cost and the ability to just replace the boot/joint. It looks to be pricy. OTOH it also seems to be very stout considering it comes on the 392 package.

I'm holding off on what my next vehicle is going to be, So researching cost of consumable/wearable parts and ownership is important.

I really like the idea of Roc-Trac for going to the cabin in winter and also for my lack of experience in a 4wd rig.
Hi Chris,
From my understanding a Roc-Trac optioned vehicle uses the same front axle as non but it's limited to the Dana 44. Mopar offers these as upgrades here https://www.allmoparparts.com/sku/77072405.html
https://www.allmoparparts.com/sku/77072406.html

The boots used on the 44's are also not available separately. Please let me know if I understood your inquiry correctly.

- Benny

OllieChristopher

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC 2WD Sierra, 4.3, NV3500, 3:73/TruTrac

Sponsored

HighLow

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Rubi 4XE
Hi Chris,
From my understanding a Roc-Trac optioned vehicle uses the same front axle as non but it's limited to the Dana 44. Mopar offers these as upgrades here https://www.allmoparparts.com/sku/77072405.html
https://www.allmoparparts.com/sku/77072406.html

The boots used on the 44's are also not available separately. Please let me know if I understood your inquiry correctly.

- Benny
Hi Benny,

sorry for resurrecting and old thread but maybe you can help me out.

I have a 21 Rubi 4xe with Rock Track. If I want to replace the passenger side CV boot, do I need to get the whole axle shaft assembly?

if so? Could you point me to the link on your page? Also, are they in stock?

AllMoparParts.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Hi Gene,
Please send me your VIN so I can research it

Thank you,
- Benny

DusanJL

First Name
Dušan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLR, 2.0, Granite
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Benny,

sorry for resurrecting and old thread but maybe you can help me out.

I have a 21 Rubi 4xe with Rock Track. If I want to replace the passenger side CV boot, do I need to get the whole axle shaft assembly?

if so? Could you point me to the link on your page? Also, are they in stock?
Hi Gene,

I have the same problem, my passenger side CV boot tore and I am looking for a new one.
How did you manage to resolve it?
Can the rubber boot be ordered separately?

Thank you!
Dusan

p.s. my local Jeep dealer told me that whole axle assembly needs be ordered, as the boot has no part #... so $15 boot replacement should cost me $1500 :(((

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
From what I understand, the older Jeep models came with u joints. The current models come with cv joints. Is this correct?

Does anyone know why this change was made? I would expect u joints to be more durable than cv joints. My experience with non-Jeep vehicles suggests that the boots tear more often than I would like. Once the cv joint boot tears, the grease protecting the cv joint leaks out and the cv joint becomes damaged.

What am I missing?

OP
OP
LooselyHeldPlans

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
From what I understand, the older Jeep models came with u joints. The current models come with cv joints. Is this correct?

Does anyone know why this change was made? I would expect u joints to be more durable than cv joints. My experience with non-Jeep vehicles suggests that the boots tear more often than I would like. Once the cv joint boot tears, the grease protecting the cv joint leaks out and the cv joint becomes damaged.

What am I missing?
https://www.google.com/search?q=wrangler+ujoint+vs+cv&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari
Sponsored