LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
The new Rock-trac comes with CV joints. Any idea how much a set would run and if they’re a drop in replacement for the u joint versions?
Advertisement

AllMoparParts.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Benny
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL

OllieChristopher

First Name
Chris
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC 2WD Sierra, 4.3, NV3500, 3:73/TruTrac
Thank you Benny!! I know this is an old thread but I was wondering about Roc-Trac axle cost and the ability to just replace the boot/joint. It looks to be pricy. OTOH it also seems to be very stout considering it comes on the 392 package.

I'm holding off on what my next vehicle is going to be, So researching cost of consumable/wearable parts and ownership is important.

I really like the idea of Roc-Trac for going to the cabin in winter and also for my lack of experience in a 4wd rig.

AllMoparParts.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Benny
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Thank you Benny!! I know this is an old thread but I was wondering about Roc-Trac axle cost and the ability to just replace the boot/joint. It looks to be pricy. OTOH it also seems to be very stout considering it comes on the 392 package.

I'm holding off on what my next vehicle is going to be, So researching cost of consumable/wearable parts and ownership is important.

I really like the idea of Roc-Trac for going to the cabin in winter and also for my lack of experience in a 4wd rig.
Hi Chris,
From my understanding a Roc-Trac optioned vehicle uses the same front axle as non but it's limited to the Dana 44. Mopar offers these as upgrades here https://www.allmoparparts.com/sku/77072405.html
https://www.allmoparparts.com/sku/77072406.html

The boots used on the 44's are also not available separately. Please let me know if I understood your inquiry correctly.

- Benny

OllieChristopher

First Name
Chris
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC 2WD Sierra, 4.3, NV3500, 3:73/TruTrac
Advertisement

Done Right LED

Advertisement