Sponsored

NEW Rubicon 4xe, left foot rest dead pedal?

GGolds

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2019 JLU Sahara. 3.6, V6. Mojito with a black hard top. Tan leather. 2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited.
Occupation
Paramedic
Just got my new Rubicon 4xe on Saturday. Very excited. On my 2019 I purchased a dead pedal IE foot rest pedal for my left foot which was a lifesaver for travel in my JLU. All the foot rests on all sites including most Amazon pedals say it fits the 21. However, on my 4xe the bolt that it attaches to apparently isn't the same as the bolt on all the other models. The bolt has a plastic lip around it from the firewall and therefore isn't an outee anymore it's an inee. IE belly button. You get it. SO with that said, the bolt sits inside the firewall so I can't attach the dead pedal. All responses on Amazon say it fits the 21 just fine- clearly none of those are the 4xe. Does anyone else have this issue and if so what did you do to remedy this?. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored

OP
OP
GGolds

GGolds

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2019 JLU Sahara. 3.6, V6. Mojito with a black hard top. Tan leather. 2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited.
Occupation
Paramedic
Just got my new Rubicon 4xe on Saturday. Very excited. On my 2019 I purchased a dead pedal IE foot rest pedal for my left foot which was a lifesaver for travel in my JLU. All the foot rests on all sites including most Amazon pedals say it fits the 21. However, on my 4xe the bolt that it attaches to apparently isn't the same as the bolt on all the other models. The bolt has a plastic lip around it from the firewall and therefore isn't an outee anymore it's an inee. IE belly button. You get it. SO with that said, the bolt sits inside the firewall so I can't attach the dead pedal. All responses on Amazon say it fits the 21 just fine- clearly none of those are the 4xe. Does anyone else have this issue and if so what did you do to remedy this?. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
UPDATE:. OK, I took the dead pedal I had on my 19 and then took a 2/2 inch metal corner bracket and mounted it to the dead pedal without the long metal piece that would attach to the bolt on the firewall. Attached one side to the pedal and the other side to the metal bracket on the LEFT SIDE of the inside wall of the Jeep, just inches from the firewall bolt. Now it works perfectly. Few.
Sponsored