New record - Totaled before I even picked it up

Jeeptimus Prime

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR
Sorry to see this OP! JL killed by idiot trucker.

First JLUR I seen with that interior too!

Also who the hell wants to keep a vehicle that got mashed before taking delivery?!? OP deserves a new car in new condition.

Slyderzero1

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'54 Chevy PU, '07 HD FLHTCUI, '15 Ram 4x4, '18 Mojito Rubi
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to hear about your jeep man. That’s a real kick in the juevos. Hopefully FCA gets you a new one quickly!!
upload_2018-4-26_0-11-50.jpeg

Did you get the story on the white Ford/Jeep hybrid next to your sad Rubicon. The jeep emblem on the grill is nice and the star on the hood is a good touch but the JK hood latches put it over the top for me!!!
It's the new P.C. culture, Target Store special edition.

If you identify as a Jeep, you can use the Jeep facilities.

The Je-rd, not the (sadly) dead Rubi.

Last edited:

Lurvis33

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
My only question is - How the hell did that driver get a license to drive a rig? That should be 101 stuff to a driver. Did desperation creep into that market?
Actually yes sadly. There’s a driver shortage because less people are wanting to enter that job.

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
Actually yes sadly. There’s a driver shortage because less people are wanting to enter that job.
I have to deal with drivers every day. More than half seem to barely speak English. I don’t know how they read road signs.

Yakpimp

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Why is the dash not red even though this is a rubicon?

Papuga

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Wrangler Sport
774B9D41-E5B4-4FEC-B2A1-2A96BAF9B04F.jpeg
08B3BD4C-E2A3-44E9-B5C0-C3063EF725DE.jpeg
1F77DBBC-A675-4EAD-91A5-458D8E4BE59E.jpeg
Well, I have a tale of woe.

I ordered my Rubicon on January 19 and it went into KZ status on 3/6 with an eta the end of March. It got stuck in Toledo because of the railcar shortage. FCA management got involved and arranged to directly truck ship my Jeep and a few others for the Las Vegas market.

The truck was due in Vegas today. It arrived but just before reaching the dealership the driver went under an overpass that had low clearance. My Wrangler was unfortunately the top front car and took the impact. It was totaled. :(

FCA is pursuing two options right now. They're looking for an identical configuration in the Western US and they are submitting a "frame replacement" that will go into production in the next few days.

Meanwhile, I'm trying tio keep things in perspective and realizing that other than this entire Wrangler ordering experience I've had a blessed life. If this is the worst that happens to me I'm still in great shape.
Sorry to hear this and that you have to wait a little longer. Once you finally get your JL you're gonna love it!

TxJeeper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 YJ Sahara, 2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
On the up side rarely do you meet someone that has had 2 totaled vehicles in their life...soooo....looking good for you statistically lol. I know the wait sucks but at least you were not in the vehicle when it got totaled.

Muzzle of Bees

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 TEP
On the up side rarely do you meet someone that has had 2 totaled vehicles in their life...soooo....looking good for you statistically lol. I know the wait sucks but at least you were not in the vehicle when it got totaled.
It does not take much to total a vehicle today. I have totaled one being the driver and been the passenger in one totaled.

ballajb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited

I ordered my Rubicon on January 19 and it went into KZ status on 3/6 with an eta the end of March. It got stuck in Toledo because of the railcar shortage. FCA management got involved and arranged to directly truck ship my Jeep and a few others for the Las Vegas market.

The truck was due in Vegas today. It arrived but just before reaching the dealership the driver went under an overpass that had low clearance. My Wrangler was unfortunately the top front car and took the impact. It was totaled. :(

FCA is pursuing two options right now. They're looking for an identical configuration in the Western US and they are submitting a "frame replacement" that will go into production in the next few days.

Meanwhile, I'm trying tio keep things in perspective and realizing that other than this entire Wrangler ordering experience I've had a blessed life. If this is the worst that happens to me I'm still in great shape.
Wow

ekimgnuj

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport, '19 JLU Sahara, '20 JLU Sport (my kids drive now)

No worries, I’m sure they will miraculously find a way to move mine and give it to you!! Sorry for your loss!

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
No worries, I’m sure they will miraculously find a way to move mine and give it to you!! Sorry for your loss!
Honestly I feel bad for this guy, but with my granite rubi, west coast destination and tan interior I am worried they may give him mine.

Newbiejeeperjl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unlimited JL
I live by the motto “It happened for a reason (God only knows)”. Things seem to always workout for the best,if you put your faith first.
These are First World problems. The next time you drive down the road, someone will be walking on the same road. You are blessed to have a vehicle.

Laura

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon

Wow! Looks exactly like the one I just got. I LOVE the tan seats BTW. Just curious, which dealer are you working with?

WheelsASAP