Sponsored

New Record: 561 JL built in a 10 hour shift

rjrubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Only incentive we get for quality is a pay check and jobs not being moved to Mexico or China. Honestly I'm ok with that. We get paid pretty good, great benefits, and a nice profit sharing bonus every year. Yes it would be nice to get a quality bonus but I'm already being paid to do the job correctly. To answer your question about which engine's we're building, I've answered this question a few times in other threads , I get people don't have time to read every post in every thread , so I'm going to post a new thread about which engine's we're building now and in the future. Thanks for your support. Hope you are enjoying your Jeep
If you could do us a favor and please talk to some of the higher ups and tell them to offer the Hemi in the JL. That would be awesome.
Sponsored

SouthLeb

First Name
Rame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUS punk'n
New record for Jeep's built in a 10 hour shift. 561. And Im feeling it. Awesome feeling and something to be proud off. Thanks to everyone that has purchased a new JL.
That is great teamwork. Nothing like when things go like clockwork :handsinair:

TheBrandon

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
@JlEngineline Thank you for both your effort and care. That is so rare these days.

Are you still hearing end of Oct or early Nov for '19s? Some of us are getting ship dates of 11-3 on 2019 orders. Is this possible?

Also curious if you've heard about the backlog of '18s or if they are caught up? Hoping the 2 days to convert the lines gets you some well needed rest days. Thank you again!

grapejuice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Thanks again @JlEngineline for the great info and pride in your job. I've said this on a past thread but I'd love to learn more about the building of my Jeep. Maybe a suggestion box kinda thing to the PR people about putting together a new YouTube video of the whole process minus the trade secrets of course or a Q&A session about the manufacturing process.

The jeep community is by far the largest and most dedicated of any vehicle out there, a little love from FCA would pay off pretty well for them I would think. I feel like they are really missing out on a marketing bonanza by just doing some relatively easy and cheap things to grow and feed community. Yes, I realize they do a few rides but most is directed towards publications not the average jeeper.

Sponsored

Titan2727

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
You missed two, the dealership itself and the prep person. That dealer in Mass( I assume from OP's sig) must have some lousey people doing the prep, they should not have released and sold that to him, or at least pointed the defects out and never sold it to him.

Op

What panel is it where the paint is messed up on the corner, is it the tail gate? I think those are magnesium with aluminum skin??

What is the dealer doing for you to correct?
Hood panel on the corner...and on hard top

Dealer offered to order the parts and repaint themselves. I refused this offer by the dealer. Paint WILL NOT come out the same. I want a factory painted replacement. I think its total b.s. that the only option they are giving me is essentially and aftermarket painted replacement. If anyone knows anything about paint, the paint will not match the rest of the vehicle. Would have to replace hood, the decals, all the fixtures, repaint, reapply the rubicon decal and fixtures, remove hardtop, mask it, remove headliner and reassemble, same with the flares!! And again the factory painted panels will not match the aftermarket painted stuff(the gloss and shine will be entirely different). Screw that!!...its a brand new very expensive Jeep they're crazy. This to me is an insane offer of "covered under warranty". I called JEEP themselves and was told to have dealer open a claim. This was the dealers offer...are they trying to cheat the system and not offering me factory replacements??!! Who else do I go to?? What else can I do but bite the bullet and never buy a Jeep again. And to add, i think it's very unfair and unreasonable for some to say i should have noticed EVERY defect! Sooo, does this mean because a customer misses something it's okay to sell defective product? And the claim would be the same for those who bought defective Jeeps with steering and weld issues...why didnt you take the car to a mechanic to inspect before signing off-that arguement is nonsense.

Jlrut

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Sahara sold: 2dr Rub ordered 1/17 traded: 2019 2 door picked up 12/27
my jeep is exactly like yours. The product is not living up to what we bargained for. Don't get me wrong. I've owned several jeeps and love nothing better than driving them. I love the look of this new jeep and it has so many improvements...but, some of these issues are deal breakers. plus the communication sucks.

Muzzle of Bees

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 TEP
Interesting, my hard work includes ruffling a few feathers to get things corrected if they appear to be going off the rails to help complete a job with minimal flaws. Anyone can build crap.

OP
OP
JlEngineline

JlEngineline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I Just build them
Pretty outstanding, what OEE did you guys achieve? So you are saying your line runs at 100% FPY?
I didn't look to see what the OEE was for the day and I'm not sure what FPY stands for.

Sponsored

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
This to me is an insane offer of "covered under warranty". I called JEEP themselves and was told to have dealer open a claim. This was the dealers offer...are they trying to cheat the system and not offering me factory replacements??!! Who else do I go to?? What else can I do but bite the bullet and never buy a Jeep again. And to add, i think it's very unfair and unreasonable for some to say i should have noticed EVERY defect! Sooo, does this mean because a customer misses something it's okay to sell defective product? And the claim would be the same for those who bought defective Jeeps with steering and weld issues...why didnt you take the car to a mechanic to inspect before signing off-that arguement is nonsense.
While you are rightly upset about the painting quality , there is an old saying in gambling : "The luck of the draw" .

There is another old saying : "Trust but verify" .

Regarding "The luck of the draw" , just today I met a guy at the market who has a 2007 JKU ( first year model ) , and he has over 200K miles without issues . So , there you go with his good luck .

Regarding "Trust but verify" , many on this forum , who have ordered , vow to bring a mechanic with them to verify steering and welds before taking delivery . Can't blame them .

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
Hey its great to achiece something but considering the sheer anount of recalls, tsbs, and isues that owners are having before they even hit their second oil change I wouldnt be bragging. Jeephas lost sight of quality co trol and instead focusing on quantity. I would hate to see the jl go down in history as one of the poorest quality cars made like the chevy cavelier and junk the likes of that.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Thanks again @JlEngineline for the great info and pride in your job. I've said this on a past thread but I'd love to learn more about the building of my Jeep. Maybe a suggestion box kinda thing to the PR people about putting together a new YouTube video of the whole process minus the trade secrets of course or a Q&A session about the manufacturing process.

The jeep community is by far the largest and most dedicated of any vehicle out there, a little love from FCA would pay off pretty well for them I would think. I feel like they are really missing out on a marketing bonanza by just doing some relatively easy and cheap things to grow and feed community. Yes, I realize they do a few rides but most is directed towards publications not the average jeeper.
Here is a video of the Toledo factory building JKs. Not JLs but you can get an ida of what goes on when they get built.

Sponsored