Banned
Banned
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Lol dealer called earlier today and said will be ordering me factory painted replacements...coincidence? Maybe?

Awfully wierd after a few photos and some ranting I suddenly get a call

....maybe Jeep is watching these threads!!?

..if so, THANK YOU to whomever helped me out I beyond appreciate it, THANK YOU!!

If not, heck of a coincidence..Gods honest truth!

Back to building my dream machine!!
Sponsored

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
I ended up paying 52.3
If the only defect is your paint , and you have that kind of money , why not take it to a custom paint shop and get the entire Jeep painted in your favorite color ? Rather than hasseling with dealer re-painting ? How about turquoise blue-green ? Or lemon-yellow ? Or a combination of those two ?

A turquoise blue-green lower body , and a lemon-yellow upper body and hard-top ? Make it yours !

Titan2727

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
If the only defect is your paint , and you have that kind of money , why not take it to a custom paint shop and get the entire Jeep painted in your favorite color ? Rather than hasseling with dealer re-painting ? How about turquoise blue-green ? Or lemon-yellow ? Or a combination of those two ?

A turquoise blue-green lower body , and a lemon-yellow upper body and hard-top ? Make it yours !
That's the most ridiculous color combination I've ever envisioned...

I ordered firecracker red because that's what I wanted, an amazing hue especially in the sun with matching painted top

Take your rig to get custom painted and tell me how the paint looks in a year

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
That's the most ridiculous color combination I've ever envisioned...
I ordered firecracker red because that's what I wanted, an amazing hue especially in the sun with matching painted top
I prefer cool pastels , rather than hot red pepper .

Sponsored

gofastguy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi 2019 WK Trailhawk 2015 Mustang GT
For a rubicon???

I ended up paying 52.3

Sticker plus tax is over 60k and that's not every bell and whistle

I'm not going to nickel and dime, you know exactly what I mean...
Yeah but mine's a 2 door and I only got maybe 4 or 5 options...glad to see they are going to help you on that paint!

Sponsored

ToolMan514

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 4xe
Maybe slow down so the QC goes up.
Did you READ all the posts? The line speed doesn't change. If they built a record number, it means there were LESS problems on the line! One Wrangler every 53-54 seconds unless the line has to stop or there's a parts shortage. Excellent work people! My Rubicon is flawless!

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Did you READ all the posts? The line speed doesn't change. If they built a record number, it means there were LESS problems on the line! One Wrangler every 53-54 seconds unless the line has to stop or there's a parts shortage. Excellent work people! My Rubicon is flawless!
Maybe yours is flawless , but what about the other guy ?

As a suggestion , how about one every 2 minutes , and everyone do everything more carefully , as though it were their own Jeep ?

Last edited:

Homer

First Name
Geral Hasten
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK, 2017 Chevy ZR2 diesel
I have bad welds everywhere, looks like my 3 year old great grandson did them. Guess I will live with it for a while. May trade for a 2019 Colorado diesel or if it ever comes out a 2020 JT diesel, only If they get their auto welding straighten out.
I would also see better quality than hooray for quantity.

#1 for me

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bright white loaded ordered 9/18 Corvette, z28 Camaro, Mustang GT, Chev z71, GMC Canyon, Yamaha YXZ 1000rss, Yamaha 660 Raptor
Occupation
UAW GM Corvette Assembly Plant QC .
Hood panel on the corner...and on hard top

Dealer offered to order the parts and repaint themselves. I refused this offer by the dealer. Paint WILL NOT come out the same. I want a factory painted replacement. I think its total b.s. that the only option they are giving me is essentially and aftermarket painted replacement. If anyone knows anything about paint, the paint will not match the rest of the vehicle. Would have to replace hood, the decals, all the fixtures, repaint, reapply the rubicon decal and fixtures, remove hardtop, mask it, remove headliner and reassemble, same with the flares!! And again the factory painted panels will not match the aftermarket painted stuff(the gloss and shine will be entirely different). Screw that!!...its a brand new very expensive Jeep they're crazy. This to me is an insane offer of "covered under warranty". I called JEEP themselves and was told to have dealer open a claim. This was the dealers offer...are they trying to cheat the system and not offering me factory replacements??!! Who else do I go to?? What else can I do but bite the bullet and never buy a Jeep again. And to add, i think it's very unfair and unreasonable for some to say i should have noticed EVERY defect! Sooo, does this mean because a customer misses something it's okay to sell defective product? And the claim would be the same for those who bought defective Jeeps with steering and weld issues...why didnt you take the car to a mechanic to inspect before signing off-that arguement is nonsense.
I would request a buy back ! Just saying