Paulocon

First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler jlur
Hello all,
I took my Jeep in for the new steering box upgrade and my service manager told me there is a new recall for the power train module .. anyone heard of this and know what it fixes?
Sponsored

xaugievike

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Clubs

Hello all,
I took my Jeep in for the new steering box upgrade and my service manager told me there is a new recall for the power train module .. anyone heard of this and know what it fixes?
mine was in over the weekend and no mention. What motor do you have?

Goosed

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Hello all,
Huh - post some details when you can, in terms of what’s affected by model year and what not. Interested in this.

ScottMA64

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2dr
Nothing showing up on the mopar owners site yet. Could be very limited.

Sponsored

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
This is the only thing I can find: Not sure if I have gotten this done yet
http://www.wk2jeeps.com/tsb/rc_u8718a.pdf

The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) about 1,074 of the above vehicles may have been manufactured with a suspect voltage regulator chip on the electronic circuit board. If the powertrain control module fails, you may experience a no-start, a start-and-immediate stall condition, or an engine stall while driving. An engine stall while driving resulting in loss of motive power can cause vehicle crash without prior warning.

The PCM on all of the above vehicles must be replaced and reprogrammed.

IMPORTANT: Some of the involved vehicles may be in Dealer new vehicle inventory. Dealers should also consider this requirement to apply to used vehicle inventory and should perform this recall on vehicles in for service. Involved vehicles can be determined by using the VIP inquiry process.

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
This is the only thing I can find: Not sure if I have gotten this done yet
http://www.wk2jeeps.com/tsb/rc_u8718a.pdf

The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) about 1,074 of the above vehicles may have been manufactured with a suspect voltage regulator chip on the electronic circuit board. If the powertrain control module fails, you may experience a no-start, a start-and-immediate stall condition, or an engine stall while driving. An engine stall while driving resulting in loss of motive power can cause vehicle crash without prior warning.

The PCM on all of the above vehicles must be replaced and reprogrammed.

IMPORTANT: Some of the involved vehicles may be in Dealer new vehicle inventory. Dealers should also consider this requirement to apply to used vehicle inventory and should perform this recall on vehicles in for service. Involved vehicles can be determined by using the VIP inquiry process.
Its from January 2019

OP
OP
Paulocon

Paulocon

First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler jlur
Huh - post some details when you can, in terms of what’s affected by model year and what not. Interested in this.
mill def give an update after I get my car back tomorrow

does anyone know if the steering gearbox replacement had a program update as well? Or is it just the gearing box that is replaced.?

Goosed

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
mill def give an update after I get my car back tomorrow

does anyone know if the steering gearbox replacement had a program update as well? Or is it just the gearing box that is replaced.?
There is a software update for the electric assist or something. Make sure they do it. Did not do this on mine when I got it back.

OP
OP
Paulocon

Paulocon

First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler jlur
Electric hydraulic power steering (ehps) update.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Paulocon

Paulocon

First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler jlur
So I’m looking at my service paper and it is 20-054 power train control module update.

OP
OP
Paulocon

Paulocon

First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler jlur
There is a software update for the electric assist or something. Make sure they do it. Did not do this on mine when I got it back.
How did you find out they didnt do it.. can you check the update software from the screen in the car?

Austin23

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I received notification of this recall several months ago but didn't to anything about it. It was noted again when I had my state inspection a couple of weeks ago so I decided to finally take care of it. I have an appt at the dealership this week. Interestingly they said they would need to keep it overnight.
Sponsored