Sponsored

New Rear Hardtop Light Bar Kit for your 2018-2019 Jeep JL Wrangler! | Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
g1TxOqy.jpg

Even compared to the mighty JK, the 2018-2019 Jeep JL Wrangler is more modern, more efficient, and more capable off-road! That said, the JL does have a few shortcomings, particularly when it comes to lighting. From the factory, the stock backup lights make it difficult to see what’s behind you at night, especially out on the trail! Whether your JL is equipped with the OEM halogen or LED reverse lighting, you’ve probably noticed the stock reverse lighting just isn’t all that bright.

Fortunately, there is a new bolt-on solution! Introducing our new Rear Hardtop Light Bar Bracket Kit for the 2018-2019 Jeep JL Wrangler! Computer-designed to bolt onto the factory rear window hinge, this kit allows you to mount a rear-facing 30” Stage Series Light Bar to your JL Wrangler’s hardtop WITHOUT any modification. This kit even utilizes your JL’s stock hatch hardware for an ultra clean, OEM-like look!

The included steel powdercoated brackets were engineered at our facility in St. Louis specifically for our Stage Series Light Bar. Unlike generic LED light bar brackets, these won’t warp or bend when off-roading. And thanks to the slim, low profile design, your JL Wrangler’s rear window will remain fully functional!

n4UugkK.jpg

Features:
  • CAD-designed for perfect fitment on 2018-2019 Jeep JL Wrangler
  • Allows you to mount one 30" Stage Series LED Light Bar across the rear window hinge.
  • Low profile design, allows the JL’s rear window to remain fully functional.
  • Utilizes existing mounting points for easy installation - NO cutting or drilling required!
  • Highly durable powdercoated steel construction.
hMA9k7z.jpg

Installing this kit is simple and straightforward, and can be done at home using basic hand tools! Using a ratchet or drill, you’ll remove two 10mm bolts from each hatch hinge. Then, simply slide the brackets between the window and hardtop, and reinstall factory hardware. With the brackets in place, mount your 30” Stage Series Light Bar using the supplied hardware. Finally, you’ll run the light bar harness down through the rear hatch, along the chassis, and connect it to your power source!

y8G7hE1.jpg

Each Rear Hardtop Light Bar Bracket Kit features everything you need to install it on your JL Wrangler, including:
  • Two (2) Application-specific hardtop brackets
  • One (1) SS30 Stage Series 30" Light Bar
  • One (1) Heavy Duty Single-Output Harness
  • One (1) DT Extension Wire
  • Five (5) Adhesive wire clips
  • Ten (10) Zip ties
  • Installation guide

The 30” Stage Series LED Light Bar featured in our Rear Hardtop Light Bar Bracket Kit features our new flood optic. Packing an industry-leading 80Hx50W degree spread of light, our flood optic is the perfect solution for backing your JL up on the trail, setting up a campsite, or hooking up a trailer at night!

WF8tuJU.jpg

Fitment:
  • Fits all 2018 and 2019 Jeep JL Wranglers
  • Fits all trim levels including Sport, Sport S, Sahara, Rubicon, and Unlimited

As with all Diode Dynamics LED lighting upgrades, our Rear Hardtop Light Bar Bracket Kit was proudly designed and tested in the U.S.A, and is backed by our 3-year worry-free warranty! Want to check out more LED lighting upgrades for your 2018-2019 Jeep JL Wrangler? Click here!

Don't forget to shoot us a PM for free USPS shipping on any U.S order (forum members only)! Thanks for looking!

Jake H.
Diode Dynamics

n4UugkK.jpg

hMA9k7z.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
This would be sweet for tailgating, but I would need some kind of "this will absolutely NOT whistle in the wind" guarantee. Plus, maybe a manufacturer quick disconnect for those of us who switch tops twice a year.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
This would be sweet for tailgating, but I would need some kind of "this will absolutely NOT whistle in the wind" guarantee. Plus, maybe a manufacturer quick disconnect for those of us who switch tops twice a year.

I have to agree with you. Plus, $360. I would much prefer to see one that mounts to the spare tire or brake light, is able to be locked down, and have a quick disconnect. Not one that looks like every other Walmart Light Bar out there. Especially for the price.

SnowDog

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Looks promising. But I agree with the question about wind noise or whistle. With five "segments" it would be nice if there were an option for one with a middle red segment that could be used to replace the third brake light.

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
I definitely understand the concern. Having put a few hundred miles on this Jeep (I assist on photo/video shoots) I can honestly say I have never once noticed whistling. And this is in Missouri, in the winter, when the air isn't exactly still. Again, I completely understand some skepticism, I was even surprised at how quiet it is!

And we actually just took the top off this particular rig. The harness tucks neatly into the cargo area, and took 15-20 seconds to disconnect/put away.

Jake H.
Diode Dynamics

Sponsored

Sand Flea

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Unlimited, Sahara
Occupation
Federal Firefighter, Retired
Curious as to why the harness runs all the way up to the battery area.
Is it possible to wire this light into the backup light circuit, so it becomes activated whenever you put the transmission into reverse?

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Is it possible to wire this light into the backup light circuit, so it becomes activated whenever you put the transmission into reverse?
I don't think you'd want that light on every time you backed up. It would have to be switchable.

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
Great question! misanthrope pretty much summed it up. We didn't want the 30" activating automatically when in reverse. That said, we're confident plenty of owners will decide to configure that.

The other reason is, we wanted to make the wiring as simple and straightforward as possible.

Jake H.
Diode Dynamics

Qurtyslyn

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR
Are the brackets available without the lightbar?

Sponsored

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
That looks awesome. I'm definitely in the market for some rear lighting. Whether this or something smaller. The stock LED reverse lights are worthless in the dark. I had to back down a dark alley and I couldn't see anything through the reverse camera. Just a red blur when the brakes were on.

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
That looks awesome. I'm definitely in the market for some rear lighting. Whether this or something smaller. The stock LED reverse lights are worthless.
Thanks!

We were floored by the lack of rear-facing visibility our LED-package shop rig offered from the factory..

Jake H.
Diode Dynamics

kimmonia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Ford Explorer
@Diode Dynamics this looks great! Just what i've been waiting for. Other solutions I'm not happy with the light quality, so I'd buy the bracket separate and then the lights which isn't cost effective. For this solution, can you verify it the hinge mounts are compatible with Topsy Product hinge hoist brackets? There are many out there who use the hinge solution for this already and this might be the deal breaker.

http://www.topsyproducts.com/products/hinge_hook_hoist_bracket

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
Great question!

We're actually working with several owners to verify hinge hoist bracket compatibility. I'll post as soon as we've confirmed!

Thank you,

Jake H.
Diode Dynamics

PEABUDY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR GRANITE CRYSTAL
Vehicle Showcase
Like the idea but $360 price tag stopped me.
Sponsored