Sponsored

New Rear Hardtop Light Bar Kit for your 2018-2019 Jeep JL Wrangler! | Diode Dynamics

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
ZrwZJtX.jpg

Our July 4th sale starts NOW! Today through Monday, 7/6/20, save 15% on all LED upgrades, including our Stage Series LED Light Bar Bracket Kits by entering coupon code "JULY4" at checkout!

Collin
Diode Dynamics

Sale ends 11:59 p.m. CST on Monday, 7/6/20. Cannot be combined with other coupon codes.
Sponsored

DToxic

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I like the idea, but my concern (please, if anyone has installed this, ease my mind by explaining exactly how to avoid what is concerning me) in the running of the wires into the interior of the vehicle. How exactly are the wires run so as to not interfere with the window seal and prevent leakage? if this isn't a concern with how the wires are run, by all means, I'm all ears
I'm worried as well. The installation video shows how it's routed, but not sure how it prevents water ingress.

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
I like the idea, but my concern (please, if anyone has installed this, ease my mind by explaining exactly how to avoid what is concerning me) in the running of the wires into the interior of the vehicle. How exactly are the wires run so as to not interfere with the window seal and prevent leakage? if this isn't a concern with how the wires are run, by all means, I'm all ears
I'm worried as well. The installation video shows how it's routed, but not sure how it prevents water ingress.
I apologize- I didn't do the best job of answering your questions. The harness is designed to be routed down behind your weatherstripping and underneath your vehicle (above the frame rail). The wiring should never enter the inside of the vehicle or create a gap in the stripping! I hope this helps!

-Collin

DellCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392
I installed this light towards the end of May (less than 2 months ago) - along with the 50" hood mounted light. Both lights are EXCELLENT - love the clean look & they function better than expected. The install was also VERY easy - all components are provided. My only gripe is related to the rear brackets. I'll start by saying the front hood brackets are a near perfect fit. The rear brackets need bent a substantial amount in order to even start threading the attaching bolt. I contacted DD and they sent me replacement rear brackets (GREAT customer service, BTW!), but the exact same thing - they require a fair amount of bending to fit and then the bolts dig into the brackets. Not only does it look a little "off" when bent but as expected, the rub between the bracket & bolts lead to some rust on the brackets in less two months. I'm not sure why the front brackets are near perfect and the rear brackets are so far off if they're both custom designed for the JL. Just wanted to share my experience and thoughts with these lights.

IMG_3725.jpeg

IMG_3726.jpeg

IMG_3727.jpeg

IMG_3728.jpeg

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
I installed this light towards the end of May (less than 2 months ago) - along with the 50" hood mounted light. Both lights are EXCELLENT - love the clean look & they function better than expected. The install was also VERY easy - all components are provided. My only gripe is related to the rear brackets. I'll start by saying the front hood brackets are a near perfect fit. The rear brackets need bent a substantial amount in order to even start threading the attaching bolt. I contacted DD and they sent me replacement rear brackets (GREAT customer service, BTW!), but the exact same thing - they require a fair amount of bending to fit and then the bolts dig into the brackets. Not only does it look a little "off" when bent but as expected, the rub between the bracket & bolts lead to some rust on the brackets in less two months. I'm not sure why the front brackets are near perfect and the rear brackets are so far off if they're both custom designed for the JL. Just wanted to share my experience and thoughts with these lights.

Jeep Wrangler JL New Rear Hardtop Light Bar Kit for your 2018-2019 Jeep JL Wrangler! | Diode Dynamics IMG_3728

Jeep Wrangler JL New Rear Hardtop Light Bar Kit for your 2018-2019 Jeep JL Wrangler! | Diode Dynamics IMG_3728

Hi there! Thank you for the images and feedback. We haven't seen or heard of this issue before, but I have informed my team. This kit was designed to be a direct fit for our 30" light bar. They are going to look into this further and see if they can find out why this has happened. I will respond with any further information.

Thanks!

-Collin

Sponsored

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
Any further information???
We recently discovered that our latest shipment from our bracket supplier was not bent to spec. We have fixed the issue with the supplier, and we should be seeing a new shipment with the corrected brackets soon!

-Collin

DellCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392
We recently discovered that our latest shipment from our bracket supplier was not bent to spec. We have fixed the issue with the supplier, and we should be seeing a new shipment with the corrected brackets soon!

-Collin
Collin,

Great news! Thank you for the update. Hope to get the new brackets...

Jayphil

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Occupation
RN
I apologize- I didn't do the best job of answering your questions. The harness is designed to be routed down behind your weatherstripping and underneath your vehicle (above the frame rail). The wiring should never enter the inside of the vehicle or create a gap in the stripping! I hope this helps!

-Collin
Silly Q, but is this specific in the installation instructions?

DellCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392
Silly Q, but is this specific in the installation instructions?

IMO, it is not. I have no idea how you could get the wiring plug on the outside of the door given the length of the wire to the connector. I tried & the door wouldn't close. See attached for my install as an indicator.

IMG_3795.jpg

IMG_3796.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
IMO, it is not. I have no idea how you could get the wiring plug on the outside of the door given the length of the wire to the connector. I tried & the door wouldn't close. See attached for my install as an indicator.

IMG_3795.jpg

IMG_3796.jpg
We do apologize that you're having trouble with the harness. I've attached a link below to our install video, but if you still need help troubleshooting, please email us at [email protected], or give us a call at 314-205-3033, and our service team would be happy to help you!

-Collin

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
AbR03GE.jpg

Our Labor Day sale starts NOW! Today through Tuesday, 9/8/2020, save 15% on all LED upgrades, including our Stage Series LED Light Bar Bracket Kits by entering coupon code "LABOR" at checkout!

Collin
Diode Dynamics

Sale ends 11:59 p.m. CST on Tuesday, 9/8/2020. Cannot be combined with other coupon codes.

DellCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392

-Collin
Collin,

Have the new brackets been received yet? I'd like to get some that fit better... if possible.

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
AzTZzUK.jpg

LAST CHANCE TO SAVE!!! Until 11:59 p.m. CST on 9/8/2020, you can use coupon code "LABOR" at checkout for 15% off your entire order of lighting upgrades, including our Stage Series Light Bar Kits! Don't wait, this sale ends TONIGHT!

Collin
Diode Dynamics

Sale ends 11:59 p.m. CST on Tuesday , 9/8/2020. Cannot be combined with other coupon codes.
Sponsored