New Rear Hardtop Light Bar Kit for your 2018-2019 Jeep JL Wrangler! | Diode Dynamics

mbspark

First Name
Mark
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Was planning to pull the trigger on this, but afraid due to the bracket issues.

Also, can anyone speak to the lighting when the window is up?? I want to illuminate an area when hunting (dark before sunset, dark after) where I'm un-packing and packing. The rear window will be up, but I still want the area lit.

Advertisement

OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150 / 2015 Mustang / 2016 Camaro
Have you gotten the bracket issue sorted out for the rear roof mounted lightbar yet?
Hey there! We received our new shipments of brackets last week and are testing them as we speak!

-Collin

OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
Any updates on the new brackets? Not only do these bad brackets bend due to bad fitment, but they also rub against the plastic hinge cover due to the bend/poor fit. I'd like to get the proper brackets ASAP!

IMG_3868.jpeg
Hey DellCook! We are testing our new shipment of brackets on a JL as we speak. We have put aside a set of brackets aside to send over to you as soon as we confirm fitment! If anyone else has experienced a fitment issue with their brackets, please shoot me a PM!

-Collin

Last edited:

DellCook

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon (2021 Rubicon 392 ordered 23NOV2020)
Hey DellCook! We are testing our new shipment of brackets on a JL as we speak. We have put aside a set of brackets aside to send over to you as soon as we confirm fitment! If anyone else has experienced a fitment with their brackets, please shoot me a PM!

-Collin
Awesome, thank you! Will send you a PM now...

kimmonia

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Ford Explorer
Kudos to @ShockerRacing for making their awesome video featuring both Topsy Hoist Hinge and this rear bar to confirm compatibility. I too will confirm compatibility with pictures to show how it looks. I made sure to torque down the bolt to spec. For those with bracket issues, there is a slight amount of play in the holes of the brackets, make sure to push them closest to the middle as possible as you tighten down, made a huge difference!
cvlAm2i1S3GASrQ9ujcXCA_thumb_286e.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_280c.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2814.jpg

OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
Kudos to @ShockerRacing for making their awesome video featuring both Topsy Hoist Hinge and this rear bar to confirm compatibility. I too will confirm compatibility with pictures to show how it looks. I made sure to torque down the bolt to spec. For those with bracket issues, there is a slight amount of play in the holes of the brackets, make sure to push them closest to the middle as possible as you tighten down, made a huge difference!
cvlAm2i1S3GASrQ9ujcXCA_thumb_286e.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_280c.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2814.jpg
Thank you for sharing this! You are correct, there is a slight bit of play in the bolt hole, allowing for adjustment. We recommend aligning and tightening the light bar itself to the brackets before tightening the brackets to the hinge.

-Collin

Advertisement

Winjet

Advertisement