Sponsored

New Rear Hardtop Light Bar Kit for your 2018-2019 Jeep JL Wrangler! | Diode Dynamics

smokinjeep

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL on order
After reading this thread I'm glad i pulled the trigger on your SS50 this weekend. Sounds like you're a quality company. I do have a question however, Rough country also has a 50" light bar that appears to have more lumens than yours at a lower price point. I went with yours because of american assembled and looks. Is theirs brighter than yours? What brand bulbs are used in the ss50?

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
After reading this thread I'm glad i pulled the trigger on your SS50 this weekend. Sounds like you're a quality company. I do have a question however, Rough country also has a 50" light bar that appears to have more lumens than yours at a lower price point. I went with yours because of american assembled and looks. Is theirs brighter than yours? What brand bulbs are used in the ss50?
Great question! Rough Country "rates" their 50" light bar at 23,040 lumens, while our comparable design delivers 11,200 lab-verified lumens. Unlike most lighting companies, we actually prove the output of each light bar in our St. Louis laboratory, instead of just assigning ratings. Also, Stage Series utilizes our Total Internal Reflection or TIR optic, which is dramatically more efficient at harnessing the light being emitted from each LED than your typical reflector design.

In my own personal experience, the difference in usable light output between a generic light bar design, and the Stage Series line, is staggering.

And we use Luxeon Z ES LED chips in Stage Series.

Hope this helps!

Jake H.
Diode Dynamics

smokinjeep

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL on order
Great question! Rough Country "rates" their 50" light bar at 23,040 lumens, while our comparable design delivers 11,200 lab-verified lumens. Unlike most lighting companies, we actually prove the output of each light bar in our St. Louis laboratory, instead of just assigning ratings. Also, Stage Series utilizes our Total Internal Reflection or TIR optic, which is dramatically more efficient at harnessing the light being emitted from each LED than your typical reflector design.

In my own personal experience, the difference in usable light output between a generic light bar design, and the Stage Series line, is staggering.

And we use Luxeon Z ES LED chips in Stage Series.

Hope this helps!

Jake H.
Diode Dynamics
Thank you! It does help and it's what I figured. 'rating' something as your competitors do can be misleading and very ambiguous. Thanks for all the info. Cant wait to receive the lightbar!

Sponsored

threeve

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Code Monkey
Is there any update on how well (or not) this setup works with the Topsy hoist brackets? I would love to see a pic if anyone has that combo installed.

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
Is there any update on how well (or not) this setup works with the Topsy hoist brackets? I would love to see a pic if anyone has that combo installed.
I'm definitely keeping my eyes open! We've gotten that question a few times, so we're hoping to get confirmation and images very soon.

Jake H.
Diode Dynamics

Sponsored

MLBRINES

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Chevy C10 1/2 ton pickup short bed. 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired IBM
Does the 20% off thru July 5th apply to the Hardtop rear light kit (normally $360) ?