New Raptor Load Range C 37s?

xefie

First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Rubicon
Any chance someone has put these on stock wheels and no lift? Just curious if this would work until I put a lift in. Thanks.
Installed them today, lift is scheduled for Thursday.

No rubbing when I steer with 4.5” backspacing wheels, but the rears rubbed badly when I hit a tiny bump in the alley with five stock tires in the back.

I suspect I’d get similar rubbing with additional humans and/or proper sized dogs once I put the jack, tire chains and recovery gear bags back in. Or ventured off-road. Or if the winch ever decided to show up.

It will absolutely work for a few days of light solo errands, but I wouldn’t run for more than that.
Sponsored

shane340

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
Fascinating observations. I'm going to have to measure my D range KO2s, at least on tread width since they have about 20k miles on them now. They were super squirrley at 30+ psi but flattened out nicely and seem to handle avoidance maneuvers just fine at 26-28 psi
Would be really interesting to know if the width of the C load 37 KO2 is different than the D load 37.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Would be really interesting to know if the width of the C load 37 KO2 is different than the D load 37.

Yes, 1000% the C is narrower than the D. I had 37 C KO2's on for a very short while and switched to 37 D KO's and much happier...The tread on the 37 D is not only about 5/8" wider than the 37 C KO2, it also lays flatter.

shane340

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
Yes, 1000% the C is narrower than the D. I had 37 C KO2's on for a very short while and switched to 37 D KO's and much happier...The tread on the 37 D is not only about 5/8" wider than the 37 C KO2, it also lays flatter.

Great info! This is really important to me as a 2 door owner. I’m currently running 315/70r17 on stock Rubicon suspension, love the way these tires handle and sidewall flex when aired down. Plan is to go 2.5 inch MC lift and 37s. I definitely don’t want to go thinner with all the added height, especially with the 2 door wheelbase. I’d love to run the C load to keep it lighter weight but with that big of a difference in width I’ll opt for D.

Sponsored

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great info! This is really important to me as a 2 door owner. I’m currently running 315/70r17 on stock Rubicon suspension, love the way these tires handle and sidewall flex when aired down. Plan is to go 2.5 inch MC lift and 37s. I definitely don’t want to go thinner with all the added height, especially with the 2 door wheelbase. I’d love to run the C load to keep it lighter weight but with that big of a difference in width I’ll opt for D.

If I were doing it again on a 2-door JL, I would stick with no more than a 2" high-flex lift and BFG KO2 315/70R17's...I had those tires on a 2" lift for over a year and 11,000 miles and loved the ride and handling!
I now have the 2.5" MC front springs, took out the 2.5" MC rears as her ass end was high and replaced with Synergy rears-now sits properly. I also notice a bit of bump steer with this setup that I did not get before and working to get the suspension dialed in just right...Just sooo many things changed at once (due to a backordered rear chromoly axle shaft, new UD44 front axle, MC springs and 37's went on at same time) and while I am getting closer, she is still a long way from the ride and handling I had before.

shane340

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
If I were doing it again on a 2-door JL, I would stick with no more than a 2" high-flex lift and BFG KO2 315/70R17's...I had those tires on a 2" lift for over a year and 11,000 miles and loved the ride and handling!
I now have the 2.5" MC front springs, took out the 2.5" MC rears as her ass end was high and replaced with Synergy rears-now sits properly. I also notice a bit of bump steer with this setup that I did not get before and working to get the suspension dialed in just right...Just sooo many things changed at once (due to a backordered rear chromoly axle shaft, new UD44 front axle, MC springs and 37's went on at same time) and while I am getting closer, she is still a long way from the ride and handling I had before.
Clayton off-road just announced their 1.5 overland inch lift coming in 2022 that uses their giiro bushings for more flex than stock. I think that’ll be the ticket. Can run 35s with extra flex or trim/replace the inner fenders and run 37s without the extra height of a 2.5.

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Well I have now put just under 100 miles on my 37x12.50R17 'C' KO2's...So far, I have to say this is the first (I have had BFG KO's on every truck since my first 2010 Raptor) BFG AT / KO2 that I have not been totally happy with...I put 35" KO2's (315/70R17) the day after taking delivery of my Rubi 2-door and loved them! My short term observations on these 37's: I like the added height, I do NOT like the fact they are about 3/4" narrower than the 35's and compared to the 35's, I do not like the way they respond after a quick moderate speed steering correction to avoid an obstacle. Also I am not crazy about their 'pizza cutter' look, again compared to the 35's... Not sure yet just how I will deal with this but unfortunately, right now, I am not thrilled. Maybe if I had not enjoyed and pushed the 35" KO2's over the last 11,500 miles, I might not know what I was missing...

For reference, I have included some pictures below of both tires, both new, same size 17"x8.5" rims with 5.2" backspace and both inflated to 27PSI. The 37" KO2 stands about 1.5" taller than the 35" KO2 but sadly, also has about 3/4" narrower tread.
I actually like narrower tires and this makes me more excited for the 37s that’s coming.

LCW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(formerly '22 JLUR) '23 Bronco Badlands 2dr 2.7
Well I have now put just under 100 miles on my 37x12.50R17 'C' KO2's...So far, I have to say this is the first (I have had BFG KO's on every truck since my first 2010 Raptor) BFG AT / KO2 that I have not been totally happy with...I put 35" KO2's (315/70R17) the day after taking delivery of my Rubi 2-door and loved them! My short term observations on these 37's: I like the added height, I do NOT like the fact they are about 3/4" narrower than the 35's and compared to the 35's, I do not like the way they respond after a quick moderate speed steering correction to avoid an obstacle. Also I am not crazy about their 'pizza cutter' look, again compared to the 35's... Not sure yet just how I will deal with this but unfortunately, right now, I am not thrilled. Maybe if I had not enjoyed and pushed the 35" KO2's over the last 11,500 miles, I might not know what I was missing...

For reference, I have included some pictures below of both tires, both new, same size 17"x8.5" rims with 5.2" backspace and both inflated to 27PSI. The 37" KO2 stands about 1.5" taller than the 35" KO2 but sadly, also has about 3/4" narrower tread.

IMG_3195.JPG

IMG_3193.JPG

Bro I’m so glad I found this thread. I was going to pull the trigger on the load range C 37” KO2s, but after reading your comments and experience, I went load range D. Installed today.

So far the ride is GREAT! At around 29 psi right now. I’ll be tweaking it as I put more miles on.

Cheers

Jeep Wrangler JL New Raptor Load Range C 37s? IMG_6578

Last edited:

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I've got ~35,000 miles now on my KO2's (D rated) and lowest is at 9/32nds (started at 15/32nds). They've been great. I rotate every 5k. Lots of off road use, too. I had them at first on my '19 JLUR for about 10,000 miles then switched them to my Gladiator, which now has 24,000 on the ODO.

They're still quiet and provide good traction both on road and off road, including wet weather. I'm hoping I get another 30k out of them.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bro I’m so glad I found this thread. I was going to pull the trigger on the load range C 37” KO2s, but after reading your comments and experience, I went load range D. Installed today.

So far the ride is GREAT! At around 29 psi right now. I’ll be tweaking it as I put more miles on.

Cheers

Jeep Wrangler JL New Raptor Load Range C 37s? IMG_6578

Glad you like them and I also settled on 29psi cold, great looking Jeep by the way!
Sponsored

Reactions: LCW