New Raptor Load Range C 37s?

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
Maybe I should look into these then, how are they for no lift? Guessing they rub.
Look on YouTube there’s ton of videos of people running different size tires and seeing how the rub.
I wouldn’t run a 37” tire without a lift. That’s like running a marathon in boots. You may not rub on pavement but what’s the point.
Sponsored

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Now that the miss-info about height and longevity seems to been corrected. These maybe my next set. My current set of 37" STT Pros are excellent tires but their weight and height are pushing the limits of my JLR's stock 4.10 geared axles.

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Look on YouTube there’s ton of videos of people running different size tires and seeing how the rub.
I wouldn’t run a 37” tire without a lift. That’s like running a marathon in boots. You may not rub on pavement but what’s the point.
Yeah I think he’s asking the same question I asked a few posts back. Since they’re smaller than the other brands maybe they wouldn’t rub on a rubicon.

I’m going to slap these on my 392 when it comes in and I’ll figure out what adjustments need to be made.

Yellow Cake Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Most tire manufacturers list the rim width that they used when measuring and listing the inflated tire diameter.

For example; The specification pages for BF Goodrich KO2, TOYO Open County A/T III, and Mickey Thompson Baja Boss M/T tires, just to name a few, list the dimensions of the respective 37x12.5 R17 tires as measured on a 10" wide rim.

This illustration compares the fit of a generic 35" tire mounted on two different wheels:

Jeep Wrangler JL New Raptor Load Range C 37s? tire-diameter_17x

Last edited:

Jeep Dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
duuuude
Did you feel any negative change in ride quality going from load range C 33s to load range D 37s? I didn't.

Minor adjustments in tire pressure are much more noticeable than the difference between load range C or D on a tire. I doubt many people can correctly pick out which tire they are driving on (37Cs cs 37Ds) on a blind test.
All due respect, from my own powers of perception and observations, I must disagree. If "many people" are unable to tell the difference, that is their problem :).

YES, I did indeed find a significant difference in ride quality, going from OEM C 33´s to the D 37´s. I'm talking driving over severe constant potholes and gravel roads at higher speeds, not smooth highway drives ;).

I would have to drop PSI on the D 37's to like 24, in order to achieve equal results of the OEM C 33's. Even then, I could STILL feel the unsprung weight, and extra steel belts over certain bumps...

It is why I asked the question to begin with ;).
Not to put myself on a pedestal, I am NOT the other "many people".

Sponsored

jlang

First Name
JDawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Punk'D Rubicon
Occupation
Semi-Retired
All due respect, from my own powers of perception and observations, I must disagree. If "many people" are unable to tell the difference, that is their problem :).

YES, I did indeed find a significant difference in ride quality, going from OEM C 33´s to the D 37´s. I'm talking driving over severe constant potholes and gravel roads at higher speeds, not smooth highway drives ;).

I would have to drop PSI on the D 37's to like 24, in order to achieve equal results of the OEM C 33's. Even then, I could STILL feel the unsprung weight, and extra steel belts over certain bumps...

Not to put myself on pedestal, I am NOT the other "many people".
Agree 100%...I have had C, D and E rated tires on different jeeps and concur that there is a big difference in sidewall ratings vs ride quality. I am in the same boat when it comes to being able to observe ride quality using different tires. I get the whole suspension argument with springs/shocks etc but the same Jeep with C rated tires will ride significantly better than one with E rated tires even with air pressure adjustments.

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR

Not to put myself on a pedestal, I am NOT the other "many people".
I actually asked the question, to learn from others' experiences. I'm interested in the opinions to know what my next tire will be.

I agree on feeling the difference in weight and mass moving around. As far as two tires of the same type both set up to their respective optimum pressure, with the only difference being the sidewall rating, I was less sure that the difference would be that large.

So thanks for your opinion.

P.S. I'm a race car driver, so I'm used to noticing minute changes in tire/suspension setups.

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
There is no 37" tire, regardless whatever brands, ever ever run true to size under load, ever!

There is usually half inch difference from the smallest 37 to the largest 37 (35.5 to 36). Unless they are put side by side, there is no way human eye can tell difference of half inch on a 37 inch tire, so the perceived "BFG is smaller" is true, but most of the time it is a placebo when you just look at it.

All tire manufacturers advertise their tire sizes as unmounted donut size, why? How the hell do they know how much your rig weighs, it can be a 9000 lb loaded Hummer, or it can be a Subaru. They also don't know what width rim you are mounting too.

All 35 tires get closed to 33.5-34
All 37 tires get closed to 35.5-36
39 tires are actually 37
40 tires are actually 39

That is just the way it is.

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
There is no 37" tire, regardless whatever brands, ever ever run true to size under load, ever!

There is usually half inch difference from the smallest 37 to the largest 37 (35.5 to 36). Unless they are put side by side, there is no way human eye can tell difference of half inch on a 37 inch tire, so the perceived "BFG is smaller" is true, but most of the time it is a placebo when you just look at it.

All tire manufacturers advertise their tire sizes as unmounted donut size, why? How the hell do they know how much your rig weighs, it can be a 9000 lb loaded Hummer, or it can be a Subaru. They also don't know what width rim you are mounting too.

All 35 tires get closed to 33.5-34
All 37 tires get closed to 35.5-36
39 tires are actually 37
40 tires are actually 39

That is just the way it is.
Good to know. Thanks for the explanation. I’ve learned so much here in the short eight months I’ve owned a wrangler.

Sponsored

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
I was able to get out and measure the tire height of my mounted C rated 37 inch Ko2s using a level and tape measure. Mine came out at around 35 and 1/4 inches or so.
Question when you ordered yours did you pay at the time of order or at pick up?

SouthernJL

First Name
Isom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Camry and 2014
I paid the day they installed on my Jeep. They (Discount Tire) didn't ask for payment until then. I actually expected to pay at the time I ordered since it's considered a special order bur they told me to wait until install day.

Yellow Cake Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
...All tire manufacturers advertise their tire sizes as unmounted...
Except for all the tire manufacturers that explicitly state the specific rim width that they have mounted the tire on before measuring and publishing the specifications.

Very few people mount their tires on a rim that is as wide as the tire is designed to fit ideally.

That is the way it is.

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
Except for all the tire manufacturers that explicitly state the specific rim width that they have mounted the tire on before measuring and publishing the specifications.

Very few people mount their tires on a rim that is as wide as the tire is designed to fit ideally.

That is the way it is.
Well it is almost like all companies trying to upsell their tire size.

jlang

First Name
JDawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Punk'D Rubicon
Occupation
Semi-Retired
My discount tire required a $25 deposit to order.
Sponsored