New purchase, service requirements?

mrjakecyrus

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
I just purchased my 19 JLU Sahara a month ago. Decided to take it in to get an oil change because I like a schedule for that kind of thing. When they finished the oil change, they advised that because I hit 50,000 miles that some maintenance needed to be done. I’m cool with maintenance, I just don’t want to throw money at a dealership. Any advice or thoughts?

I also had my first death wobble experience so I’m having them look at that as well.
Jeep Wrangler JL New purchase, service requirements? 0EAC5D28-3102-4A3F-854B-626BBEA5B9E7
Sponsored

Cux211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler unlimited rubicon recon
None of those are bad things the brake flush thing is questionable but for $130 bucks what the hell

AZJeepGuy

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Hydro Blue
Complete Drive-line Service? Is that just changing the fluid in the front and rear diff and transfer case? $359 seems high for something they can do in an hour.
Fuel induction service? What is that? Possibly you could have an injector clog or go bad at 50k but what exactly are they doing for $219?
Wait until you see how much they want for your death wobble...

Reactions: OBD

Tethmes

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLWS
Occupation
Management
Get quotes from your local mechanic shops. Dealerships will always screw you on maintenance.

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine
What kind of DW experience did you have and have you done anything to your steering/suspension?
I’m asking because before you go to a dealership and ask them to chase down the cause of your DW, there’s a good chance you can find the culprit and fix it yourself.
If you can’t fix it, or aren’t comfortable doing it, you can at least point the dealership in the right direction.
If it were me - I wouldn’t trust a dealership to diagnose/fix DW. I’d take it to a shop that specializes in 4X4s.

Sponsored

cavguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I believe you are using an automated system to schedule your appointment. These are just suggestions, I would remove all of them except your concern by clicking on the (x) you don't need those services.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
These are all good services. The only reason you shouldn’t do any of it is if you’re going to do it yourself.

Induction cleaning is paramount for the 2.0t, not so much for the 3.6 if you use top tier fuel. You can’t do this one yourself.

BetOnBlack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Ask what these include. I've seen a lot of places call induction cleaning or top end cleaning is just running $10 worth of sea foam through the throttle body.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service

Dan M.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport (2 door)
In my opionion the only service you have to do is what is listed in the owner's manual for your Jeep. That way if something happens to your powertrain Stellantis can't use lack of maintanence as an excuse to void your warranty.

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
In my opionion the only service you have to do is what is listed in the owner's manual for your Jeep. That way if something happens to your powertrain Stellantis can't use lack of maintanence as an excuse to void your warranty.
The owners manual service recommendations are not good enough.

Jim1964

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
Maintenance schedule depends on what are your goals, that is will you just flip it at 100k or less, or will you drive it forever? Something in between?

Factory schedule is not bad, but basically intended to get the vehicle through the warranty period. People who want to drive a vehicle decades will do more.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
First of all, congratulations and welcome to the forum!

My advise? Don’t take an out-of-warranty vehicle to the dealership for maintenance. They will take you to the cleaners.

Find a reputable independent shop that specializes in Chrysler/Jeeps and take yours there.

Good luck.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
First of all, congratulations and welcome to the forum!

My advise? Don’t take an out-of-warranty vehicle to the dealership for maintenance. They will take you to the cleaners.

Find a reputable independent shop that specializes in Chrysler/Jeeps and take yours there.

Good luck.
“specializing in Chrysler/Jeeps” is kind of silly. It’s an American vehicle. So long as the shop has a witech they can do anything under the sun.

Jim1964

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
“specializing in Chrysler/Jeeps” is kind of silly. It’s an American vehicle. So long as the shop has a witech they can do anything under the sun.
Second this. The most important aspect of choosing a shop is the ethical standards of the owners/ management.

In my hometown I take anything out of warranty to a Chevy dealer. Which sounds crazy, but they are honest and fair, and they employ good techs. They treat my vehicles like they were their own.
Sponsored