Sponsored

New Product Question - Magnetic Body Armor?

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
When you actually recieve the product, it turns out to be vinyl sticker.
No thanks. What's the point in protecting the paint if it is a sticker that covers it up? Lol!

These things work great for JK's, but I'm not sure Quadratec did much to look into this before they started selling it.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
It's not a vinyl sticker. Well it is but it is a reusable one. It can be removed, cleaned, and reused. It's a bit more effort that the old magnetic ones.

I personally haven't tried these yet. I'm hoping someone else will take one for the team first. haha

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
I was looking at new products for the JL and stumbled across this. Magnetic body armor.

So I'm curious. How do you get the aluminum doors to be magnetic? Lol! Seriously? :LOL:

https://www.quadratec.com/p/mek-magnet/magnetic-body-armor-full-kit/met-magnet-the-patriot--5201

Jeep Wrangler JL New Product Question - Magnetic Body Armor? 1616449952217
On this site they actually tell you! this was their response to that exact question:
MEK's new Armor line for JLs, JTs, Trucks and Renegades has a custom formulated gel membrane applied to the Armor to stick to the vehicle aluminum and all.

Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
It's not a vinyl sticker. Well it is but it is a reusable one. It can be removed, cleaned, and reused. It's a bit more effort that the old magnetic ones.

I personally haven't tried these yet. I'm hoping someone else will take one for the team first. haha
Yea, it’s got a silicone-based layer akin to those reusable traceless tapes.

I use it on the nose-pads of my glasses to keep it in place.

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

I agree, we'll see when someone gives it a go. Maybe it will turn out to be great.

NorCalJay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (May)
MEK Magnet (Gel) Armor is legit. I've had magnet armor for 25 years and the new gel is 2x-4x stronger than magnet sheets. Gel armor will definately not come off on the freeway. Far cheaper than both vinyl and PPF including installation - and I have a combination of both on all my vehicles. Off the shelf designs ro any custom printable design is optional. Great for businesses. Removable/reusable. Also NOT A DECAL. Sheets are printed by a professional print shop. Images have a layer of protective UV coating made for outdoor use signage. I've talked to Monika the owner of MEK and now clear (and printed clear) is available this summer (2021). Funny she makes the install look easy lining up as the gel sticks incredibly well - takes muscle and practice to pull off and align...

RenCole

First Name
Renée
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler
I want to try them, but I am afraid they will scratch... any thoughts?
Sponsored