Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
ORACLE Lighting’s new Sidetrack™ LED Lighting System is a stylish and functional upgrade for Jeep Wrangler JL and Jeep Gladiator models. This tactical-inspired body cladding is equipped with multi-function integrated LED lights that provide benefits to both driver and passengers.

JL_Fender_LED.4.png
JL_Fender_LED.4.png

The light modules consist of a pair of injection-molded inserts that fit in the original body lines and contour the factory fender vent for a seamless look. Matte black panels provide an aggressive look that adds a rugged and tactical appearance to the Jeep. Installation requires no modification to the fender sheetmetal; the cladding simply applies with included VHB adhesive.

Entry Light Feature:
The LED “Entry Light” features high-output white LEDs which is a side-light intended to illuminate the area outside of the vehicle for the driver and passengers approaching the vehicle at night. This convenient feature allows the driver and passengers to identify puddles, potholes, and other hazards when entering and exiting the vehicle. The entry lights are connected to the vehicle’s dome light circuit so the entry lights will activate when the vehicle is unlocked, when the doors open, and can be manually turned on with the factory control knob.

JL_Fender_LED.5.png

Turn Indicator Feature:
The LED “Turn Indicator” addresses a potential safety issue with the US- spec Jeep Wrangler JL and Gladiator models which do not have a clear indicator on the side of the vehicle. This can be inconvenient when changing lanes with a vehicle is positioned in the Jeep’s blind spot, this blind spot is increased substantially on lifted vehicles. By adding a bright amber indicator in a clearly visible position, the Sidetrack™ provides a needed visibility benefit for lifted Jeeps.

JL_Fender_LED.6.png

Price: TBA
Projected Launch Date: March 2020

Fitment:
2018-2020 Jeep Wrangler JL
2020-2020 Jeep Gladiator JT

Want more information? Contact your ORACLE Lighting Sales Representative.
#1800-407-5776
Sponsored

IndustrialAction

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly, I don't know how I feel about it. I think it looks cool and stylish but I imagine the wiring between the dome light and the blinkers would be complicated. I'm also not a van of things held on by tape but at least it doesn't require and drilling or cutting. I currently have a decal there but I'd consider replacing it with this depending on complexity of wiring, price, final look, etc.

sportsguy

First Name
duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JLU Rubicon w/a snail
Occupation
Marketing
I have my doubts whether the throw of the light would remain useful on exit - if my door is open, it'll naturally block light, create shadow, etc, etc. But i feel this is a smaller issue that will be sorted out (or have to be lived with) through prototype testing.

Wiring is concern...

Is this an "in theory" project, or have you already done prototyping and run wiring to find the necessary wire to tap into. Unless this has been done, tested and we can be assured of no negative effects (pardon the wiring pun...LOL), there is a great deal of complexity in the latest Wrangler wiring system - basically, are we going to short anything or throw codes by tapping into an existing LED power line...

And to me, those are all just normal questions for a project like this...

Bottom line is...me likey! :like:

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Honestly, I don't know how I feel about it. I think it looks cool and stylish but I imagine the wiring between the dome light and the blinkers would be complicated. I'm also not a van of things held on by tape but at least it doesn't require and drilling or cutting. I currently have a decal there but I'd consider replacing it with this depending on complexity of wiring, price, final look, etc.
Thanks for your response! We are working to make this an easy install with a great look and functionality. Stay tuned for more updates!

I have my doubts whether the throw of the light would remain useful on exit - if my door is open, it'll naturally block light, create shadow, etc, etc. But i feel this is a smaller issue that will be sorted out (or have to be lived with) through prototype testing.

Wiring is concern...

Is this an "in theory" project, or have you already done prototyping and run wiring to find the necessary wire to tap into. Unless this has been done, tested and we can be assured of no negative effects (pardon the wiring pun...LOL), there is a great deal of complexity in the latest Wrangler wiring system - basically, are we going to short anything or throw codes by tapping into an existing LED power line...

And to me, those are all just normal questions for a project like this...

Bottom line is...me likey! :like:
Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us!

As for the door - true, this is the main reason we have identified this part as primarily an “entry light” where it will have the best effect and provide the most benefit! The wide angle of the light will provide definitely some functional exit illumination, but as you pointed out, the opened door will block some of the usable light. You'll get the most light when approaching the door.

Prototype parts are made! They are undergoing testing currently, and the wiring is being streamlined to make installation as simple as possible. We will be sharing more updates soon.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
I have a product suggestion: make backup lights that fit in the OEM bumper's reflector locations.

mopar-82215342-rubicon-rear-bumper-steel-jeep-wrangler-jl-installed-main.jpg
Cool idea! We'll send it along to R&D for consideration. Thanks :like:
Sponsored