Baz999

First Name
Barry
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Overland 2.0
Occupation
Paramedic
New owner to the jeep brand, I have just bought a Overland in graphite grey only had it a week so still trying to get use to it.
Previous car was a Mercedes C43 so completely different but needed something to tow our horse and get to the yard. I am looking to do some mild off road stuff in the future so will probably ask questions about upgrades.
I have a question about the inverter in the centre console what plug does it need to work I tried a uk plug but it didn’t fit

Advertisement

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
Backup for The Stig
Vehicle Showcase
New owner to the jeep brand, I have just bought a Overland in graphite grey only had it a week so still trying to get use to it.
Previous car was a Mercedes C43 so completely different but needed something to tow our horse and get to the yard. I am looking to do some mild off road stuff in the future so will probably ask questions about upgrades.
I have a question about the inverter in the centre console what plug does it need to work I tried a uk plug but it didn’t fit
Our center console on this side of The Pond has a USB port inside. Are you referring to the center console arm rest, or on the dash?

Jeepdude101

First Name
Isaac
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR black
Occupation
Construction field worker
Vehicle Showcase
I’m not sure over there but in the US the center console has 1 usb, and the dash has 1 12v dc (cigarette lighter) one usb, aux plug (headphone jack) one plug that I have never use lol and the back seat has 2 usb’s and 2 of those plugs I don’t use and a 115v AC 150w plug and in the very back a 12v dc (cigarette lighter)hope that helps :like:

OP
OP
Baz999

Baz999

First Name
Barry
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Overland 2.0
Occupation
Paramedic
Our center console on this side of The Pond has a USB port inside. Are you referring to the center console arm rest, or on the dash?
I’m not sure over there but in the US the center console has 1 usb, and the dash has 1 12v dc (cigarette lighter) one usb, aux plug (headphone jack) one plug that I have never use lol and the back seat has 2 usb’s and 2 of those plugs I don’t use and a 115v AC 150w plug and in the very back a 12v dc (cigarette lighter)hope that helps :like:
Its the power inverter that you can access from the rear passenger seat

IMG_20191031_203417.jpg

Jeepdude101

First Name
Isaac
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR black
Occupation
Construction field worker
Vehicle Showcase
Is that a standard uk plug:movember: that’s the closest I could find

OP
OP
Baz999

Baz999

First Name
Barry
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Overland 2.0
Occupation
Paramedic
Yes that is the standard UK plug which is too big. I didn't know if it would be a US plug due to it being a Jeep and the sizing of the holes

OP
OP
Baz999

Baz999

First Name
Barry
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Overland 2.0
Occupation
Paramedic
Well I tried a US travel adapter and it worked