Sponsored

New owner on a Punk n Metallic Rubicon.

trouphaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Unlimited
Congrats OP! Especially since you went for the 6 speed :)

I had my order for Punk'n as well...but I switched once I saw Mojito and I learned Punk'n was not actually metallic and did not align with early photos or the actual Jeep owners manual that came with my Mojito Jeep. I have owned a number of orange cars / trucks so I immediately gravitate towards them. I still like Punk'n but was hoping for more of a copper hued / burnt metallic orange this time around.

Cheers

2018-JL-Wrangler-Topless-1024x618-780x405.jpg
I am with you 100%. That coppery metallic orange color is what I was hoping for and I found this to a bit too reddish for my taste.
Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
It’s called copperhead pearlcoat from 2014, and as soon as I can talk the wife into it, that’s what my rubi will be painted .... :whew: I love that color especially trimmed in black....:)
That's exactly what I wanted. When I saw the punkn in person, :puke:, it just wasn't my color. Especially when the builder shows it more coppery. But I also thought the SG looked horrible until I saw it in person :involve:

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
It’s funny how we all have our tastes. I wouldn’t want it coppery at all and am glad it looks flat. I would have thrown a bit more yellow if I were mixing the paint, but I still love it.

GinjaNinja

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave; 2018 Mojito! JLUR [GONE];
It’s funny how we all have our tastes. I wouldn’t want it coppery at all and am glad it looks flat. I would have thrown a bit more yellow if I were mixing the paint, but I still love it.
Haha indeed it is! So it sounds like you would have liked Nacho? I felt like it was a yellowish Punk'n.

chcg12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Orange is really growing on me! What options did you get?

Sponsored

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats! Prepare yourself for daily compliments on your color choice. :clap:
Orange wasn't even on our radar when we went shopping. The one and only Jeep we test drove was the Punk'n... a couple hours later she was all ours :like: The Punk'n is an interesting color as it changes drastically depending on the light. Sometimes pale. Sometimes as orange as you can imagine. Personally the oranger the betterer!

IMG_1206.JPG

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Orange wasn't even on our radar when we went shopping. The one and only Jeep we test drove was the Punk'n... a couple hours later she was all ours :like: The Punk'n is an interesting color as it changes drastically depending on the light. Sometimes pale. Sometimes as orange as you can imagine. Personally the oranger the betterer!

IMG_1206.JPG
Looks good in the snow:like:

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I almost bought a Punkn, too, with the "upgraded" Rubi wheels but god I thought it looked horrible with those wheels. The price was gonna be right so I said I'd deal with it...but fortunately for me that deal fell through and I got a Mojito with the "basic" Rubi wheels which I think are WAY better

Sponsored

Andrew2311

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Looking good! I went with the Mojito after first telling the dealer that it was the ugliest Jeep i had ever seen... 2 minutes later I told him to draw up the paperwork because I had to have it..

SouthLeb

First Name
Rame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUS punk'n
I went from granite to sting-gray (stayed on it for several months) then went with Punk'n.
fun color which goes great with the Wrangler overall feel ... my humble opinion :movember:

OP
OP
BacavilleJL

BacavilleJL

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator, 0rdered 2023 GC
Occupation
Maintenance Director
OP
OP
BacavilleJL

BacavilleJL

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Maintenance Director
Congrats OP! Especially since you went for the 6 speed :)

I had my order for Punk'n as well...but I switched once I saw Mojito and I learned Punk'n was not actually metallic and did not align with early photos or the actual Jeep owners manual that came with my Mojito Jeep. I have owned a number of orange cars / trucks so I immediately gravitate towards them. I still like Punk'n but was hoping for more of a copper hued / burnt metallic orange this time around.

Cheers

2018-JL-Wrangler-Topless-1024x618-780x405.jpg
You are so right! It's definitely not a metallic Orange at all. I was a little disappointed too, but my wife wanted the Mojito and I'm not too crazy about green. So we compromised.

OP
OP
BacavilleJL

BacavilleJL

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Maintenance Director
Gorgeous Jeep. Congratulations and glad Jeep still offers the 6-speed.
I just ordered the new manual race pedals from Quadratec and they are completely out of stock. I was totally surprised which tells me there are a lot of 6 speeds I guess.
Sponsored