Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats to Jeep Land !!! :like::jk: I was recommended by a friend at 4 Wheel Parts down here for my tires. I assume you want to keep your New Stock Wheels like I did you can't go wrong with the BFG KO2's 33's 275/70/R18. They look good and drive good for all-weather you might see. I did a Teraflex spacer kit to take away the Factory Nose Rake Jeeps comes with (2.0-inch front and 1.5 inch rear) and gave more clearance for the 33's and any light off-road you may do. Gave Jeep that aggressive look you want. You have a lot of options to think of.

Donut Place.jpg

Jeep 2.jpg
Sponsored

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi,

I’m new to the Jeep life -19JLUS in Bikini Pearl. I put on Toyo Observe GSi 5’s. I have had experience with them before and they are excellent tires. And that’s in Newfoundland, where all season tires mean June, July, August and half of September........
Welcome to Jeep Land !!! :like::jk:

Grooster

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Unlimited Rubicon, 2016 Cherokee Latitude
Occupation
IT Director
Great to hear Sahara owners going with 275/70/18 BFG K02’s. When my Bridgestone All Terrains that came with the cold weather/LSD/towing packager wear out I’ll move to the K02’s. Anxious to get some snow driving in this season. So far, it’s just been fire roads. Very impressed with this Jeep! BTW, I love the 2.0 performance. I’m at 12K miles now and it’s my daily driver since April 2019. Would like to follow the Canadian edge of the Great Lakes one day...

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Great to hear Sahara owners going with 275/70/18 BFG K02’s. When my Bridgestone All Terrains that came with the cold weather/LSD/towing packager wear out I’ll move to the K02’s. Anxious to get some snow driving in this season. So far, it’s just been fire roads. Very impressed with this Jeep! BTW, I love the 2.0 performance. I’m at 12K miles now and it’s my daily driver since April 2019. Would like to follow the Canadian edge of the Great Lakes one day...
Here’s my month-old Jeep with 275/70R18 KO2s yesterday. I wouldn’t have tried this with them OE tires
cat=111&_nc_ohc=uMSUZhpplz8AQkxIVTICY6Rr1Vq1F49_OclODnelnu7bRpe_ORKtwvT-A&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

Sponsored

Biohazard

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (sold May 2020); now own 2020 trd pro Tacoma
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Here’s my month-old Jeep with 275/70R18 KO2s yesterday. I wouldn’t have tried this with them OE tires
cat=111&_nc_ohc=uMSUZhpplz8AQkxIVTICY6Rr1Vq1F49_OclODnelnu7bRpe_ORKtwvT-A&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg
That is such a fun photo. Love the red jeep with the snowy evergreens and mountains.

TrailJoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, HellaYella
OOOOHHH!!! I hope you don't mind, but I might have a new lock screen on my phone. That's GORGEOUS!

Also, I'm just curious. We're getting KO2's for my three season tires (we use a dedicated winter), but I'm changing the size to 255/75/17. The speed variance is -0.01% too slow, but yours is -3.32% too slow. Do you have a lift or any re-gearing done? What's your milage?

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
OOOOHHH!!! I hope you don't mind, but I might have a new lock screen on my phone. That's GORGEOUS!

Also, I'm just curious. We're getting KO2's for my three season tires (we use a dedicated winter), but I'm changing the size to 255/75/17. The speed variance is -0.01% too slow, but yours is -3.32% too slow. Do you have a lift or any re-gearing done? What's your milage?
Thanks! It was absolutely gorgeous up there this weekend.

I bought the Jeep in UT and then drove it home in WA for 1,000 miles. I had plenty of opportunity to check my speedy against those electronic speed readers the police and the DOT like to place along the side of the road: with the OE tires (255/70R18, or 32.1 inches) my actual speed was 2-3 MPH slower than the speedo indicated. After swapping to 275/70R18, or 33.2 inches) my actual speed is now a lot closer to that on my speedo. I was going to get a programmer to calibrate the speedo, but I won’t bother at this point.

I added a Daystar Comfort Ride 3/4” front/ 1/2” rear spacer lift mostly for looks; the 33.2-inch tires weren’t rubbing. I haven’t re-geared and there’s no need IMO.

I averaged 19.7 MPG from UT to WA at 75 to 85 MPH. I haven’t had the opportunity to go on another long trip. But on mostly city driving the computer shows that I’m getting about 17 MPG, so I guess there hasn’t been much impact.

I have the V6 in case it matters.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Thanks! It was absolutely gorgeous up there this weekend.

I bought the Jeep in UT and then drove it home in WA for 1,000 miles. I had plenty of opportunity to check my speedy against those electronic speed readers the police and the DOT like to place along the side of the road: with the OE tires (255/70R18, or 32.1 inches) my actual speed was 2-3 MPH slower than the speedo indicated. After swapping to 275/70R18, or 33.2 inches) my actual speed is now a lot closer to that on my speedo. I was going to get a programmer to calibrate the speedo, but I won’t bother at this point.

I added a Daystar Comfort Ride 3/4” front/ 1/2” rear spacer lift mostly for looks; the 33.2-inch tires weren’t rubbing. I haven’t re-geared and there’s no need IMO.

I averaged 19.7 MPG from UT to WA at 75 to 85 MPH. I haven’t had the opportunity to go on another long trip. But on mostly city driving the computer shows that I’m getting about 17 MPG, so I guess there hasn’t been much impact.

I have the V6 in case it matters.
Would you say you need the spacers or a Rubicon takeoff lift to run these tires at full flex with stock fenders?

I know I’m keeping my stock wheels and will go with this tire size so I’m just trying to determine the minimum lift needed to allow full stock articulation. If so, I wonder where the rub spots are.

Thanks for any help.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Would you say you need the spacers or a Rubicon takeoff lift to run these tires at full flex with stock fenders?

I know I’m keeping my stock wheels and will go with this tire size so I’m just trying to determine the minimum lift needed to allow full stock articulation. If so, I wonder where the rub spots are.

Thanks for any help.
You won’t need to worry about rubbing with either 275/70R18 (33.2 inches), or the Rubicon 285/70R17 take off tires (32.7 inches) for that matter.

Sahara fenders give plenty of clearance for either of those tires without need for spacers or a lift.

Having said that, if you score a used Rubicon set of springs and shocks, that will give an extra inch of lift right there.

BTW, the front seats on JLs are mounted about one inch higher than on JKs. I am 6’0”: when I get out of my JL Sahara with a 3/4-inch leveling kit and 33-inch tires, my butt slides off the front seat just like it did when I got out of my JK with a 2-inch Mopar lift and 35-inch tires. Which means, it takes a lot less to make it harder for shorter and/or older people to get in-and-out of a JL than a JK.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
You won’t need to worry about rubbing with either 275/70R18 (33.2 inches), or the Rubicon 285/70R17 take off tires (32.7 inches) for that matter.

Sahara fenders give plenty of clearance for either of those tires without need for spacers or a lift.

Having said that, if you score a used Rubicon set of springs and shocks, that will give an extra inch of lift right there.

BTW, the front seats on JLs are mounted about one inch higher than on JKs. I am 6’0”: when I get out of my JL Sahara with a 3/4-inch leveling kit and 33-inch tires, my butt slides off the front seat just like it did when I got out of my JK with a 2-inch Mopar lift and 35-inch tires. Which means, it takes a lot less to make it harder for shorter and/or older people to get in-and-out of a JL than a JK.
Thanks. Yeah, that’s another reason I want the lift minimal, like a Rubicon spring set. It would be just enough to get the tire I want with no rubbing at full articulation off-road and to offset the weight of a steel/aluminum bumper and winch. I also have to consider kids getting in.

Right now, I feel that the Sahara is in between needing a step and not in order to get in. To not rub the side seat bolster away, I step up to get in. Lol It feels like we’re pretending the Sahara is tall but it’s just to sit down as opposed to sliding up into the seat.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

Thanks for any help.
My 4 Wheel parts friend recommended the Tearflex 1.5 to give more clearance for any off-road you might do. Plus it was to take away the Factory Rake Jeeps come with and give it a better aggressive jeep look. It turned my Jeep from Jeep to a JEEP look. Plus don't worry about rubbing during moderate off-road. Tearflex kit is $160 from them and he put them on for $200 when he mounted my 33's. If you have the tools and time you can put spacer kit on. I paid the money since he already had Jeep there.

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

Hello I'm a new proud owner of a orange punk wrangler sahara 2019! I'ma big noob no idea about anything. Anyways I've owned many SUVs in the past x5,ml 320, and just traded in my x6 for my new Wrangler. Anyways all my SUVs have had winter tires on them. I go snowboarding alot during winter (I live in Toronto) I go to Montreal around 5 times to snowboard roads have been very extreme there, alot of snow. My question is do I need winter tires? I have brand new Bridgestone dualers rhs rated m+s (my car has 120kms on dash)no snowflake symbol on tires( by law you need winter tires up in Quebec) I've read mixed reviews about them in snow and wet conditions, people complaining they suck in snow, and people swear by them. Can someone please recommend a good set of tires for 255/70/r18 that would be good for snow? All terrain with snowflake symbol, or good winter tires? Would really appreciate any help. So far I've pinpointed K02s, or kumho roadventure At51. Please help!
KO2 hands down. I’ve run them in the worst the GTA, Ontario in general and Michigan. I’ve driven hours through some of the worst storms over the last decade. They aren’t as good as dedicated snows, but they’ve never failed me.

I’m running 275/70/18 on my Sahara.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
KO2 hands down. I’ve run them in the worst the GTA, Ontario in general and Michigan. I’ve driven hours through some of the worst storms over the last decade. They aren’t as good as dedicated snows, but they’ve never failed me.

I’m running 275/70/18 on my Sahara.
I’ve got the exact same shoes and size!
cat=108&_nc_ohc=mxgtvK2aU5wAQkwCViaO0ftSPPRbMJngM31HGQzinYrtdwBNwvUw3qYEQ&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg
Sponsored