First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler sahara
Occupation
Dental hygienist
Hello I'm a new proud owner of a orange punk wrangler sahara 2019! I'ma big noob no idea about anything. Anyways I've owned many SUVs in the past x5,ml 320, and just traded in my x6 for my new Wrangler. Anyways all my SUVs have had winter tires on them. I go snowboarding alot during winter (I live in Toronto) I go to Montreal around 5 times to snowboard roads have been very extreme there, alot of snow. My question is do I need winter tires? I have brand new Bridgestone dualers rhs rated m+s (my car has 120kms on dash)no snowflake symbol on tires( by law you need winter tires up in Quebec) I've read mixed reviews about them in snow and wet conditions, people complaining they suck in snow, and people swear by them. Can someone please recommend a good set of tires for 255/70/r18 that would be good for snow? All terrain with snowflake symbol, or good winter tires? Would really appreciate any help. So far I've pinpointed K02s, or kumho roadventure At51. Please help!
Sponsored

Last edited:

KnG818

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon
Hello I'm a new proud owner of a orange punk wrangler sahara 2019! I'ma big noob no idea about anything. Anyways I've owned many SUVs in the past x5,ml 320, and just traded in my x6 for my new Wrangler. Anyways all my SUVs have had winter tires on them. I go snowboarding alot during winter (I live in Toronto) I go to Montreal around 5 times to snowboard. My question is do I need winter tires? I have brand new Bridgestone dualers rhs rated m+s (my car has 120kms on dash)no snowflake symbol on tires. Can someone please recommend a good set of tires for 255/70/r18 that would be good for snow? All terrain with snowflake symbol, or good winter tires? Would really appreciate any help. So far I've pinpointed K02s, or kumho roadventure At51. Please help!
tenor (3).gif

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Hello I'm a new proud owner of a orange punk wrangler sahara 2019! I'ma big noob no idea about anything. Anyways I've owned many SUVs in the past x5,ml 320, and just traded in my x6 for my new Wrangler. Anyways all my SUVs have had winter tires on them. I go snowboarding alot during winter (I live in Toronto) I go to Montreal around 5 times to snowboard roads have been very extreme there, alot of snow. My question is do I need winter tires? I have brand new Bridgestone dualers rhs rated m+s (my car has 120kms on dash)no snowflake symbol on tires( by law you need winter tires up in Quebec) I've read mixed reviews about them in snow and wet conditions, people complaining they suck in snow, and people swear by them. Can someone please recommend a good set of tires for 255/70/r18 that would be good for snow? All terrain with snowflake symbol, or good winter tires? Would really appreciate any help. So far I've pinpointed K02s, or kumho roadventure At51. Please help!
Falken Wildpeak AT3W

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
First of all..... welcome to the family. I go to Canada frequently because of my job. I know that there are numerous jeepers up there. You should not have an problem finding people that have the same condition that you have concerning, ā€œwhat winter tires to getā€.

I know you are new to the family so I will add on other thing. We donā€™t call our vehicles cars. Itā€™s a Jeep. Nothing else like it on the road. Others keep REALLY jumpy about it. To be honest I did am new to Jeep ownership also. Took delivery of my ā€˜20 Sahara in early September of this year. Already of 6,000 Miles. Driving is FUN again!!!!!

enjoy and welcome aboard!!!!

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Duratracs. I'm getting mine mounted this weekend. And your stock tires will more than likely be good in the snow. You live in the North where we are used to snow. Unless, you're one of those people who think 4WD means you can drive 120kph:facepalm:

So, you are not allowed to use the tires your Sahara came with during the winter?

Good luck:like: I've heard lots of good things about the Duratracs, but have never ran them on my Jeeps. I'm about to find out:fingerscrossed:

Sponsored

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
Blizzaks are great for a dedicated snow tire. If you want an All Terrain Duratracs are easily the best in snow and slushy conditions.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome!

Iā€™d get a snow-rated All Terrain over a winter tire.

Popular All Terrain snow-rated tires with Wrangler owners are BF Goodrich KO2, Goodyear Duratrac, General ATX and, increasingly, Falken Wildpeak. Everyone has their own personal preference, but pretty much you canā€™t go wrong with any of them.

Good luck.

PS1 - I have noticed a number of posts on other forums of Wrangler owners with Falken Wildpeaks having difficulty balancing them properly.

PS2 - I have a JLU Sahara as well; you can fit 275/70R18 tires without any modification. It gives you one more inch in diameter and 0.8 inch wider in contact patch.

cat=101&_nc_ohc=b3iuE4VIq9YAQk9YgwdDkROVi2YxStA5Br9_cWrTA4jngaZ1NgI8o7Dsw&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

cat=110&_nc_ohc=47OVPhdcf6cAQkFzLSEIXfMcurwhYvdDRhWsA9OzaRNrSQBpssHGvoO-w&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

cat=108&_nc_ohc=Cayxv8_p0xUAQlw7Y-CiSZRSKnYbvJcjfpB4gQIAMvKK6ZM5JvHfqHlqg&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

Last edited:

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
I took those duelers off my wifes Sahara and put Blizzaks on for winter. Dont use those all season tires for winter. My Sahara has the Bridgestone Dueler A/T ,so I am giving them a shot for the winter. Nothing really beats a dedicated snow tire !

Last edited:

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Hello and welcome.

It seems every time I drive through Toronto, I see 2-3 JL Saharas in Punk'n! It's a beautiful, and eye catching choice.

Personally, I am a strong advocate for running a dedicated set of winter tires in the winter. They grip better in winter conditions, plain and simple. Why wouldn't you want that? Get them mounted on a second set of wheels. You should rotate your tires anyways, so it's really not any extra work. Pretty much any winter tire will be better than an all terrain, even those with the 3 peak snow symbol. Buy whatever you can get attractive pricing on, as long as it's from a decent brand like Bridgestone, Michelin, Yokohama, Hankook, GoodYear, General, etc. That's my suggestion.

However, if you are set on running the same set of tires all year long, I'd suggest first trying out the stock Bridgestones, and see how you like them. Come to your own conclusion before taking responses here as gospel.

For winter rated all terrains, I'd suggest either the Falken Wildpeak A/T3W or the Yokohama Geolandar A/T G015. The Falkens come highly recommended, and I've used the Geolandars in the past, but I only had them on for a few drives in some early season snow, before I switched to my snow tires.

Despite them being popular choices:
I would not suggest the K02 for mostly on road use (you make no mention of off road use). They are a good tire, but rather expensive. I would also not suggest the Duratrac for mostly on road use. They do get loud as they wear down, and they won't last quite as long as some other choices.

As you can see already though, you will get a lot of opinions when asking about tires. Take the above as my opinion. Others will disagree. That's fine.

Happy Jeepin'

Sponsored

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
eah, I've got LT285/75x16 MS tires on my SAHARA, BUT !

When you got that much up in tire size--you'll need EITHER A LIFT/SPACERS, or wheels with less BS-
SUNP0125_zpssuxpctr5.jpg

I don't need no STINKIN LIFT !!

W.E.

JIMBO

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
eah, I've got LT285/75x16 MS tires on my SAHARA, BUT !

When you got that much up in tire size--you'll need EITHER A LIFT/SPACERS, or wheels with less BS-
Ok sure, but the question was "Can someone please recommend a good set of tires for 255/70/r18 that would be good for snow?"

spinnaker

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
If you're sticking with stock Sahara rims, I'd say Falken Wildpeak AT3Ws are hard to beat overall (cost/noise/traction/weight/durability).
Sponsored