First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
I am converting from VW Jetta (I've had five of them since college, all manual transmission) to Jeep Wrangler, and I couldn't be more excited! I special ordered the Sahara trim with manual transmission, as it is quite difficult to find any manual transmission in Wisconsin, apparently. Originally, the dealer told me the end of May for expected delivery. Yesterday, he told me it just went into production and could be even sooner.

My question: Approximately, how much time is between "going into production" and delivery to the dealership? Is there a way I can check on my own? Thanks for anything!

I already ordered about $1200 of accessories (door hangers, side mirrors, emergency cover, sun shade, etc.). I am not a handy person, so I'm hoping the instructions are good, my patience is high, and the beer is cold...
Sponsored

Onyx Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1999 Xj, 2001 Trans Am
Vehicle Showcase
I am converting from VW Jetta (I've had five of them since college, all manual transmission) to Jeep Wrangler, and I couldn't be more excited! I special ordered the Sahara trim with manual transmission, as it is quite difficult to find any manual transmission in Wisconsin, apparently. Originally, the dealer told me the end of May for expected delivery. Yesterday, he told me it just went into production and could be even sooner.

My question: Approximately, how much time is between "going into production" and delivery to the dealership? Is there a way I can check on my own? Thanks for anything!

I already ordered about $1200 of accessories (door hangers, side mirrors, emergency cover, sun shade, etc.). I am not a handy person, so I'm hoping the instructions are good, my patience is high, and the beer is cold...
Wow. Someone is learning to Just Empty Every Pocket early.

WW2

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito 2DrJL Sport

Its a crap shoot as to how long before its delivered. Some on here have had as little as a week shipping time. Mine was ordered on 1/20/2019. was built in 8 days and I still haven't seen it. Its been in a "transit" status for nearly 8 weeks.. Its supposed to arrive this week, but who knows......Jeep chat will give some information but once its in shipping, the status doesnt change, at least not for me....

OP
OP
TaxPhan

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
OP
OP
TaxPhan

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
Its a crap shoot as to how long before its delivered. Some on here have had as little as a week shipping time. Mine was ordered on 1/20/2019. was built in 8 days and I still haven't seen it. Its been in a "transit" status for nearly 8 weeks.. Its supposed to arrive this week, but who knows......Jeep chat will give some information but once its in shipping, the status doesnt change, at least not for me....
How does one even check the status? The only thing I have is my dealer emailing/texting me, but I know he is watching it.

Sponsored

ToolMan514

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 4xe
You can find a lot of what you need in this post: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...sticker-and-build-sheet-order-tracking.12503/

If you have a VIN already, add it to the end of these URLs. You Build Sheet will be available when your vehicle makes it to inspection and the Window Sticker when it's cleared to ship. Shipping varies by location, but 1-2 weeks is reasonable.
https://www.jeep.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=
https://www.jeep.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=

BettyBoop

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR 2dr.
Occupation
Business Owner
I understand about all the Jetta's, but given your build plans, parts purchases for your new Jeep. You've always been a Jeep person; just waiting to get out into the world of actual fun And hats off for joining our 6sp club too...

OP
OP
TaxPhan

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
You can find a lot of what you need in this post: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...sticker-and-build-sheet-order-tracking.12503/

If you have a VIN already, add it to the end of these URLs. You Build Sheet will be available when your vehicle makes it to inspection and the Window Sticker when it's cleared to ship. Shipping varies by location, but 1-2 weeks is reasonable.
https://www.jeep.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=
https://www.jeep.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=
Thank you so much! This is fantastic, but will probably lead to me being only more eager.

OP
OP
TaxPhan

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
I understand about all the Jetta's, but given your build plans, parts purchases for your new Jeep. You've always been a Jeep person; just waiting to get out into the world of actual fun And hats off for joining our 6sp club too...
I've been oogling over Wranglers for what seems like a decade, but I've always put family financials first. I finally feel I make enough money that I can treat myself. But I've also convinced my wife that it is a treat to the family, too! We just haven't talked about the cost much...

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
There are plenty of variables that will determine how long it takes. My experience was this:

10/22 - Ordered
10/26 - D1 (scheduled for production)
11/16 - JB (built)
11/25 - KZ (ready for shipment)
11/28 - Left Toledo (via truck)
11/29 - At the dealer!

That was last Fall, and keep in mind production of the '19s didn't even start until first week of November so it was a peak time.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TaxPhan

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
There are plenty of variables that will determine how long it takes. My experience was this:

10/22 - Ordered
10/26 - D1 (scheduled for production)
11/16 - JB (built)
11/25 - KZ (ready for shipment)
11/28 - Left Toledo (via truck)
11/29 - At the dealer!

That was last Fall, and keep in mind production of the '19s didn't even start until first week of November so it was a peak time.
Ah, so I must be in the D1 stage. Obviously there are the variables, but I wasn't even sure how long "production" took, so this gives me a sense of that. Thank you!

Northeastbst

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Amaral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL

Call this number 1-877-426-5337

Have your VIN# handy

Awesome customer service and they will tell you daily if you wish the status of your Jeep!

Good Luck!!

Northeastbst

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Amaral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Uh oh. What am I in for? I feel like I bought everything I need!
"Everything he needs" he said

Bahahaaaa

Throw your wallet off a bridge before it's to late bud.....

....and CONGRADULATIONS!!! Welcome aboard!!!

Onyx Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1999 Xj, 2001 Trans Am
Vehicle Showcase
"Everything he needs" he said

Bahahaaaa

Throw your wallet off a bridge before it's to late bud.....

....and CONGRADULATIONS!!! Welcome aboard!!!
I've owned two XJs, a WK, a TJ, and a JK. I purchased my JL. I thought "I'm experienced enough that I don't need to do anything to this one." I've just installed nerf bars and I'm looking at a lift. Yeah. It's an addiction.
Sponsored