Sponsored

New owner - delivery questions (among other things)

RDiddy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 manual Sahara
Hello All,

I ordered a Sahara unlimited with a manual transmission on May 25 of this year and have been lurking these forums trying to soak up some knowledge before I take delivery as this will be my first Jeep / SUV. I have a few questions if you will indulge me:

- I have seen quite a few people talking about checking tire pressure and fuse panel fitment upon taking delivery... are these notoriously incorrect from factory? Is there anything else I should be looking for?

- When people say that they did not get a window sticker upon delivery, what is that, should it be there from factory and moreover why do I need it?

Initially I was told it would be 6 to 10 weeks to get my jeep. It took them over a month to even get the VIN, which I had to ask for. The dealership never updates me with any info voluntarily.

I ordered a 2020 model and about a month and a half in of hearing nothing, I emailed the sales guy and inquired about the status of my order. He said "he has no info or updates to share, but the thing is your wrangler will be a 2021." That's all I got. I am not even sure of the meaning of his statement "the thing is" Is he saying that as a bail out to explain that it's going to be a considerable wait?

I am not sure how it morphed into a 2021 my. Did the dealership sit on the order for an unspecified amount of time before submitting it and it didn't make the cut off for the 2020 production?

I understand that things are all messed up this year so don't get me wrong, I am not complaining, I am trying to understand the process. Thank you for your time and help.
Sponsored

Digiwolf

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
Get in the back and check the hard top all over, mine had chips and had shady repair job done. I wish I would have noticed it but it wasn't visible unless you were in the back and looking at it. I guess it will be on my check list on future purchases.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RDiddy

RDiddy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 manual Sahara
Get in the back and check the hard top all over, mine had chips and had shady repair job done. I wish I would have noticed it but it wasn't visible you were in the back and looking at it. I guess it will be on my check list on future purchases.
Interesting, thanks for the heads up. I assume that considering you said that you were inside looking at it that the chips and damage was on the interior surface of the hard top and not the exterior? That's strange.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
There are delivery checklists in the Order Tracking forum in the sticky section, use it when it gets in.

Loose fuses are not common but do occur and can cause a lot of problems. Tire pressure is set high during transit, dealer should take it down to the pressure on the tire placard, if not you do it.

There will be a window sticker in the vehicle when it arrives. In the US it is law to have one. Should apply to Canada also.

Delivery of Canadian orders have been very slow lately, maybe it will be faster when your order is built.

OP
OP
RDiddy

RDiddy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 manual Sahara
There are delivery checklists in the Order Tracking forum in the sticky section, use it when it gets in.

Loose fuses are not common but do occur and can cause a lot of problems. Tire pressure is set high during transit, dealer should take it down to the pressure on the tire placard, if not you do it.

There will be a window sticker in the vehicle when it arrives. In the US it is law to have one. Should apply to Canada also.

Delivery of Canadian orders have been very slow lately, maybe it will be faster when your order is built.
Aside from it being law to include it, what purpose does it serve the owner / end user? Sorry for the dumb questions, been many moons since I purchased a brand new vehicle :s

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Aside from it being law to include it, what purpose does it serve the owner / end user? Sorry for the dumb questions, been many moons since I purchased a brand new vehicle :s
In the US in the 1950s Senator Mike Monroney passed a bill to include the price info from the factory because dealers were swindling customers. It now also includes mpg and crash test info. Since Canadian orders are in NAFTA region I would think they would include it. But Canadian orders show up in the FCA database differently. Here we get the build sheet first when it starts the build then the sticker (copy) when it is done. Canadian orders show up with a sticker first in the FCA system. When you look at cars on the dealer's showroom floor are there stickers on the window?

OP
OP
RDiddy

RDiddy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 manual Sahara
In the US in the 1950s Senator Mike Monroney passed a bill to include the price info from the factory because dealers were swindling customers. It now also includes mpg and crash test info. Since Canadian orders are in NAFTA region I would think they would include it. But Canadian orders show up in the FCA database differently. Here we get the build sheet first when it starts the build then the sticker (copy) when it is done. Canadian orders show up with a sticker first in the FCA system. When you look at cars on the dealer's showroom floor are there stickers on the window?
I thought there was stickers in the window of dealer lot vehicles, but from memory I unfortunately can't confirm that. To be entirely honest I didn't do a dealership test drive as I have been renting a wrangler twice a summer for the past three years at a local car rental company to take camping with us as our Lancer most certainly doesn't get that job done... so long story short I had plenty of experience driving Wranglers already and didn't need the whole runaround at the dealership so I didn't spend much time looking at their offerings.

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

Hello All,

I ordered a Sahara unlimited with a manual transmission on May 25 of this year and have been lurking these forums trying to soak up some knowledge before I take delivery as this will be my first Jeep / SUV. I have a few questions if you will indulge me:

- I have seen quite a few people talking about checking tire pressure and fuse panel fitment upon taking delivery... are these notoriously incorrect from factory? Is there anything else I should be looking for?

- When people say that they did not get a window sticker upon delivery, what is that, should it be there from factory and moreover why do I need it?

Initially I was told it would be 6 to 10 weeks to get my jeep. It took them over a month to even get the VIN, which I had to ask for. The dealership never updates me with any info voluntarily.

I ordered a 2020 model and about a month and a half in of hearing nothing, I emailed the sales guy and inquired about the status of my order. He said "he has no info or updates to share, but the thing is your wrangler will be a 2021." That's all I got. I am not even sure of the meaning of his statement "the thing is" Is he saying that as a bail out to explain that it's going to be a considerable wait?

I am not sure how it morphed into a 2021 my. Did the dealership sit on the order for an unspecified amount of time before submitting it and it didn't make the cut off for the 2020 production?

I understand that things are all messed up this year so don't get me wrong, I am not complaining, I am trying to understand the process. Thank you for your time and help.
Tires are over inflated so they donā€˜t deflate while on the lot. Dealers donā€™t always check the pressure before handing the keys over.

OP
OP
RDiddy

RDiddy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 manual Sahara
Tires are over inflated so they donā€˜t deflate while on the lot. Dealers donā€™t always check the pressure before handing the keys over.
Thanks for the information!
Sponsored