First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
I leased a Wrangler Sport S almost three years ago, and have really enjoyed having it. I need to turn it in this August, and have been thinking about what to do next. I think I’ve ultimately landed on leasing a 4xe. I don’t think I need to sell you guys on it, but basically almost all of my driving is around my town (I work from home or commute via train, train is <1 mile from my house) so I will almost never use gas. The times I will are to go to our family vacation cabin, and I look forward to using the 4xe as a silent EV on our hunting property there in support of hunting.

Anyways, just had a few questions. I plan on going to a dealer this weekend that has a few, and then plan on submitting my order assuming the test drive goes well.

Here’s my intended build:

640A45EB-45C4-421F-853E-F91F170EA64F.png

Of note, I had Dual Top on my Sport S. My father in law is going to buy my Jeep lease out, and has no interest in the soft top, so I’m just going to keep it and use my “old” soft top on my new 4xe. I assume there are no issues with that?

Otherwise a pretty basic build, it mirrors what I have on my Sport (I have the 7” screen obviously, but rest is the same, Alpine, cold weather, towing, etc) plus the camera and proximity goodies.

I just joined Tread Lightly, so I’m planning to use the discount for the lease, has anyone had any issues with this? And I assume I can use the $7500 tax credit as the downpayment on my lease? I also have $1k of cash discount from my credit union, not sure if I can stack that on there too or not, who knows.

Anyways, appreciate any insight any one has on the lease, what I can expect to pay, and anything else I should consider for my order. Again, hope to place it this weekend assuming all goes well. My last lease payment on my current Jeep lease is July 22 (turn in 8/22), so hoping it comes in soon after that, but who knows. We have 2 other cars so if it is delayed a little not the end of the world.
Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Yes you can use tread lightly on a lease. I’m not sure about the tax credit.

bikenski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe on order
Congratulations on the intended new 4xe!

As you calculate your lease numbers, note that there was an $1810 price increase this month that is not yet reflected on the Jeep website. The base MSRP for a Rubicon is now $53,505.

If you can find one on a dealer lot that had its sticker generated before the price increase, you may be able to save a bit vs. a custom order.

OP
OP
S2k Chris

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
Congratulations on the intended new 4xe!

As you calculate your lease numbers, note that there was an $1810 price increase this month that is not yet reflected on the Jeep website. The base MSRP for a Rubicon is now $53,505.

If you can find one on a dealer lot that had its sticker generated before the price increase, you may be able to save a bit vs. a custom order.
Yikes. Thanks for the insight.

Around here (Chicagoland) 4xes are pretty rare, Rubicon 4xes are even rarer, and then almost all are loaded up with stuff I really don’t want (the sunroof thing, leather, body color everything). Easier to just order and get exactly what I want.

28firefighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
There are several forum dealers that have been recommended (Gupton Motors, Mall of Georgia, and some others) that will potentially go as deep as 5-7% under invoice on an order for these. With the $7500 rebate on a lease that can lead to a pretty smoking deal.

I just picked up my Sahara 4xE (MSRP $55,525) for $1k DAS and $362 a month all in - that includes the crazy WA 10.5% sales tax on the incentives and monthly payment AND our $700 registration.

Sponsored

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
There are several forum dealers that have been recommended (Gupton Motors, Mall of Georgia, and some others) that will potentially go as deep as 5-7% under invoice on an order for these. With the $7500 rebate on a lease that can lead to a pretty smoking deal.

I just picked up my Sahara 4xE (MSRP $55,525) for $1k DAS and $362 a month all in - that includes the crazy WA 10.5% sales tax on the incentives and monthly payment AND our $700 registration.
Can anyone confirm that they are still seeing the $7,500 rebate on the lease (capital cost reduction) get applied (and if so, which bank)?

I just heard today from my dealership that none of the banks they are talking to (including CCAP) will do this anymore... and that Chrysler told them I need to file at the end of the year (as if it's a purchase rather than a lease)?

aztomex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sahara 4xe
Can anyone confirm that they are still seeing the $7,500 rebate on the lease (capital cost reduction) get applied (and if so, which bank)?

I just heard today from my dealership that none of the banks they are talking to (including CCAP) will do this anymore... and that Chrysler told them I need to file at the end of the year (as if it's a purchase rather than a lease)?
Finalized a deal Wednesday where CCAP honoured the 7500 rebate on a lease as a cap cost reduction.

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Finalized a deal Wednesday where CCAP honoured the 7500 rebate on a lease as a cap cost reduction.
Thank you! Do you mind sharing which dealership - or even better, do you happen to have a screen shot of the paperwork that I can flash at my dealer to help them understand that they aren't going to rob me of this credit? :)

aztomex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sahara 4xe
Thank you! Do you mind sharing which dealership - or even better, do you happen to have a screen shot of the paperwork that I can flash at my dealer to help them understand that they aren't going to rob me of this credit? :)
For sure, it was Earnhardt Jeep out in Gilbert AZ.
Jeep Wrangler JL New order/lease IMG_1799

28firefighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
If you lease a vehicle you are not the legal owner, the bank is. Therefore you cannot claim it on your taxes at EOY. I just signed less than a week ago and the rebate shows on my contract.

Sponsored

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Here's a trick for anyone else having trouble with this:
1. Load up your dealer website
2. Delete everything after the .com
3. Paste the following /manufacturer-specials.aspx?type=cash&sc=1&year=2021&make=Jeep&model=Wrangler%204xe

You should end up with a page that has your dealer’s branding and an official Chrysler logo, with text confirming that the credit applies as capital cost reduction - I have tried this for 5 dealer sites and it worked for them all - I then sent a copy of the screenshot to the dealer
For sure, it was Earnhardt Jeep out in Gilbert AZ.
IMG_1799.png
Just following up for a second thank you.

Dealer called this AM to let me know this specific sheet - from EVERYTHING I sent him (TONS of stuff!) was the single item that helped them "figure it out" with their finance manager.

Thanks so much.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S2k Chris

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
Well that was a bust. Went to try and drive a 4xe, and they sold the only one they had yesterday. There are three more coming in this week, and they tried to lease me one at MSRP, no discounts, not even Tread Lightly. Wouldn't even honor their own lease deal on their web site ($496/mo with $3500 down for 48 months, not even a good deal).

So now I need to hunt down a broker or another dealer who will custom order me one at a reasonable savings. I have time, but afraid I missed the cheap 4xe lease gravy train. Anyone have advice? I posted on Leasehackr as well to see what they might have.

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Well that was a bust. Went to try and drive a 4xe, and they sold the only one they had yesterday. There are three more coming in this week, and they tried to lease me one at MSRP, no discounts, not even Tread Lightly. Wouldn't even honor their own lease deal on their web site ($496/mo with $3500 down for 48 months, not even a good deal).

So now I need to hunt down a broker or another dealer who will custom order me one at a reasonable savings. I have time, but afraid I missed the cheap 4xe lease gravy train. Anyone have advice? I posted on Leasehackr as well to see what they might have.
Definitely call around. I think I called like 10 dealers before I found one to get to 5% below invoice - that was for a factory new order. It took 3 weeks to come in so not too bad.

aztomex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sahara 4xe
Here's a trick for anyone else having trouble with this:
1. Load up your dealer website
2. Delete everything after the .com
3. Paste the following /manufacturer-specials.aspx?type=cash&sc=1&year=2021&make=Jeep&model=Wrangler%204xe

You should end up with a page like the attached - I have tried this for 5 dealer sites and it worked for them all - I then sent this to the dealer

Just following up for a second thank you.

Dealer called this AM to let me know this specific sheet - from EVERYTHING I sent him (TONS of stuff!) was the single item that helped them "figure it out" with their finance manager.

Thanks so much.
Thats great to hear! It was a pain to get some of the dealers out here to even acknowledge the rebate, especially when they had a 6-10k markup on top of the MSRP already.
Sponsored