Dansjeep

Dansjeep

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I doubt it considering I am getting a new jeep - maybe they take a thousand off but I don't see that happening
Sponsored

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
I think only the 8.4 uconnect system has GPS tracking capabilities. And, anyone professional enough to steal the key then come back for it later had that thing in a shipping container before the dealer even knew it was gone.

RW Sting Gray

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sport S
Either your Jeep was stolen like they claim or it got sold out from under you as you suspect.

Wait, your salesman isn’t named Jerry Lundegaard, is he?
Hahaha. Well played..

As for the OP, all I can say is that really sucks. Bummer you might hafta wait all over again but hopefully the dealer does right by you and hooks you up some how. Good luck man

OP
OP
Dansjeep

Dansjeep

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR

Sponsored

RonAZ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Seeing as you are on the coast, your Jeep is probably already in a container at the docks waiting to be loaded on a ship.

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
That sucks but maybe you can find something close on the lot. Maybe even though it's not really their fault they can work with you on getting something close to what you had ordered and working out a deal to add the missing accessories if possible.

Also I merged the two threads into this one thread.

OP
OP
Dansjeep

Dansjeep

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
thank you for merging I appreciate it.

They are working with me they have mention about "A-Line Order" which from what they said is what Chrysler calls fast tracking the order. So hopefully that is a thing lol and it gets here soon.

thank you for all the help and support
Dan

Pourboire

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
hey everyone I don't know where else to ask this question but have any of you heard this before? I'm worried something fishy is happening

I order my jeep a couple week ago and just a got the called this morning saying jeep is here be ready around 3pm for pick up.
so I was super pumped was just about to leave to go get it and the dealership calls saying "the jeep won't be ready at 3 we cannot find the other key the jeep was dropped off with one key and the shop hasn't looked at the jeep yet we been super busy ill call you back in an hour" so I get a call back in about 5 minutes

Them: said dan your jeep isn't here its not on the lot
Me: so you sold my jeep to someone else?
Them: no its not on the lot I'm talking to the owner now
Me: What do you mean the owner?
Them: The dealership owner
Me: So some other dealership took my jeep?
Them: We think someone stole your jeep
Me: what do mean stole my jeep how does this happen?
Them: we don't know this never happened before we are filing a police report
Me: so what does this mean for my jeep? I don't want the jeep if someone stole it and you get it back
Them: we might have to order you a new one
Me: so im back at 0 waiting for my jeep that was already built to get another one?
Them: yes that is probably what is going to happen im goin to try to figure this all out, ill know more in a couple days I will keep you posted.
Me: okay?

End call

(NOTHING IS WORD FOR WORD JUST FROM MEMORY)

So my gut says they sold my Jeep, but why go to such a crazy scenario, just say mistake was made jeep isn't here im sorry it was someone else or something simple like that

has this happen to anyone else or has anyone ever witness this?
is there anything I can do to ensure im not getting some fucked up stolen jeep

any and all feedback is welcome - if any dealerships on here have any advice or steps I should take I would appreciate it

Thank you
Dan
I believe when I ordered my Jeep I was given a V IN: number somewhere in the manufacturing process. If they sold it, it would be easy to track. If they sold it, get a good sleazeball lawyer. You may up owing their dealership, or getting a free Jeep.

Sponsored

dzsmlm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 4 door
hey everyone I don't know where else to ask this question but have any of you heard this before? I'm worried something fishy is happening

I order my jeep a couple week ago and just a got the called this morning saying jeep is here be ready around 3pm for pick up.
so I was super pumped was just about to leave to go get it and the dealership calls saying "the jeep won't be ready at 3 we cannot find the other key the jeep was dropped off with one key and the shop hasn't looked at the jeep yet we been super busy ill call you back in an hour" so I get a call back in about 5 minutes

Me: so what does this mean for my jeep? I don't want the jeep if someone stole it and you get it back
Me: so im back at 0 waiting for my jeep that was already built to get another one?
Them: yes that is probably what is going to happen im goin to try to figure this all out, ill know more in a couple days I will keep you posted.

End call

So my gut says they sold my Jeep, but why go to such a crazy scenario, just say mistake was made jeep isn't here im sorry it was someone else or something simple like that

any and all feedback is welcome - if any dealerships on here have any advice or steps I should take I would appreciate it

Thank you
Dan

dzsmlm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 4 door

End call

Thank you
Dan

The Dealership ordered the Jeep and it arrived. That means that they have the VIN number. Go to the BMV as they can quickly call it up and show you if it has been titled verifying if they did or did not sell it out from under you.

Greg H

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
You ordered it 2 weeks ago and it already came in? That has to be a record. It usually at least 6 weeks from order date.

19SaharaLady

First Name
Crystal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS
Just got my girl Saturday - after waiting since 2/9 - I'd be unhappy!!! Hopefully they'll get the next one to you quickly and give you a deal (there's money in there - they could if they wanted). Good luck!
Sponsored