New order just arrived, but stolen?

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
@Dansjeep This is perhaps one of the worst stories I've read on this forum (and I've read a lot of posts). I try to be an optimist - at least it was stolen before you bought it. Not sure how long you've already had to wait, but I'm sure it's not as long as some did when the ordering first opened - I saw stories of some people being stuck in Inspection for several weeks. I don't know what the ETA is on new orders these days, but I would think your dealer / FCA could bump you up and fast-track a replacement for you. Best of luck!!!
Sponsored

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to hear this really I am but this could be an opportunity for you here...

1. If the Jeep was infact stolen, and they recover it and it passes inspection, I’d offer 15k. Hell of deal.

2. If it was sold from under you by accident you can swing a major discount courtesy of the GM. As they would owe you for having to wait twice.

The glass may be half full here.. just sayin man!

Try to stay positive!

walkerkm

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon, 2016 JKU, 2001 Harley Road King Classic, 1949 Chevy Fleetline, 1958 Chevy Apache
hey everyone I don't know where else to ask this question but have any of you heard this before? I'm worried something fishy is happening

I order my jeep a couple week ago and just a got the called this morning saying jeep is here be ready around 3pm for pick up.
so I was super pumped was just about to leave to go get it and the dealership calls saying "the jeep won't be ready at 3 we cannot find the other key the jeep was dropped off with one key and the shop hasn't looked at the jeep yet we been super busy ill call you back in an hour" so I get a call back in about 5 minutes

Them: said dan your jeep isn't here its not on the lot
Me: so you sold my jeep to someone else?
Them: no its not on the lot I'm talking to the owner now
Me: What do you mean the owner?
Them: The dealership owner
Me: So some other dealership took my jeep?
Them: We think someone stole your jeep
Me: what do mean stole my jeep how does this happen?
Them: we don't know this never happened before we are filing a police report
Me: so what does this mean for my jeep? I don't want the jeep if someone stole it and you get it back
Them: we might have to order you a new one
Me: so im back at 0 waiting for my jeep that was already built to get another one?
Them: yes that is probably what is going to happen im goin to try to figure this all out, ill know more in a couple days I will keep you posted.
Me: okay?

End call

(NOTHING IS WORD FOR WORD JUST FROM MEMORY)

So my gut says they sold my Jeep, but why go to such a crazy scenario, just say mistake was made jeep isn't here im sorry it was someone else or something simple like that

has this happen to anyone else or has anyone ever witness this?
is there anything I can do to ensure im not getting some fucked up stolen jeep

any and all feedback is welcome - if any dealerships on here have any advice or steps I should take I would appreciate it

Posted this twice, I am sorry if this break rules, but wasn't sure which spot to post. (Sorry and thank you)
Call your insurance company and have them run the vin...if it’s registered they sold it...if not it’s on the lam...

OP
OP
Dansjeep

Dansjeep

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Yeah it sucks but it’s what it is know. Imma talk to dealership again tomorrow and see if they can fast track it or something considering the situation. But I’ll keep you all posted

1idrod

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ritterhomesinc.com
Vehicle(s)
06 GMC 3/4 Diesel, 02 V-Rod
Occupation
Builder
What model? Couldn't they track through Uconnect or something if it was optioned with it?

Sponsored

ECHO

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Door JL Rubicon - Black
Occupation
Retired Air Force - Currently in my Dream Job
Crazy .. that’s a deflator ..

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Many new ones are being delivered 3 weeks after order. I think backlog has been taken care of and they can build them about as fast as orders come in. Good news for you if ordering. Good news for rest of us because their vendors should have enough to start sending to dealer parts departments and reduce backlog there.

My dealer has a key safe for all of the vehicles and the salesman has to get the key out once he shows copy of license. They also have people break the showroom glass abount once a year, break open the key safe and steal two or three Jeeps. Last Christmas they stole a GC Trackhawk.

Stickerhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1997 TJ on 37’s, 2017 Powerstoke Tow Pig
Vehicle Showcase
Either your Jeep was stolen like they claim or it got sold out from under you as you suspect.

Wait, your salesman isn’t named Jerry Lundegaard, is he?
He would be waiting on a “Tan Sierra”!

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
If you think they sold the Jeep to someone else, you can always ask for a copy of the police report. But that would be some shady stuff, and a long story if they did that. It wouldn't be the first Jeep stolen.

Consider that this happened....it was stolen, just like they said. I would just go ahead and reorder. If you really think they are lying, I would go to another dealer.

OP
OP
Dansjeep

Dansjeep

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I went to dealership and police were there they were being honest, now I am in the waiting game!

trying to see if I can find something close to what I want and maybe they will give it to me at or around same price as my order

but so far no luck!

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Well I drove to dealership cause I was questioning it. They were being honest the police were there.

I guess I am SOL and back and square one on the waiting list
Order another one. It's possible you might get a new JL in a month or less. The factory has been pumping them out really quickly. I have herd as short as 11 days from order to delivery to dealer. Mine only took 14 days.

Kbinspections

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Moab
Vehicle Showcase
59 days for my Wrangler order, they should
Give a better deal for your troubles!
Sponsored