New order just arrived, but stolen?

Dansjeep

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
hey everyone I don't know where else to ask this question but have any of you heard this before? I'm worried something fishy is happening

I order my jeep a couple week ago and just a got the called this morning saying jeep is here be ready around 3pm for pick up.
so I was super pumped was just about to leave to go get it and the dealership calls saying "the jeep won't be ready at 3 we cannot find the other key the jeep was dropped off with one key and the shop hasn't looked at the jeep yet we been super busy ill call you back in an hour" so I get a call back in about 5 minutes

Them: said dan your jeep isn't here its not on the lot
Me: so you sold my jeep to someone else?
Them: no its not on the lot I'm talking to the owner now
Me: What do you mean the owner?
Them: The dealership owner
Me: So some other dealership took my jeep?
Them: We think someone stole your jeep
Me: what do mean stole my jeep how does this happen?
Them: we don't know this never happened before we are filing a police report
Me: so what does this mean for my jeep? I don't want the jeep if someone stole it and you get it back
Them: we might have to order you a new one
Me: so im back at 0 waiting for my jeep that was already built to get another one?
Them: yes that is probably what is going to happen im goin to try to figure this all out, ill know more in a couple days I will keep you posted.
Me: okay?

End call

(NOTHING IS WORD FOR WORD JUST FROM MEMORY)

So my gut says they sold my Jeep, but why go to such a crazy scenario, just say mistake was made jeep isn't here im sorry it was someone else or something simple like that

has this happen to anyone else or has anyone ever witness this?
is there anything I can do to ensure im not getting some fucked up stolen jeep

any and all feedback is welcome - if any dealerships on here have any advice or steps I should take I would appreciate it

Thank you
Dan
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dansjeep

Dansjeep

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
hey everyone I don't know where else to ask this question but have any of you heard this before? I'm worried something fishy is happening

I order my jeep a couple week ago and just a got the called this morning saying jeep is here be ready around 3pm for pick up. So I was super pumped was just about to leave to go get it and the dealership calls saying "the jeep won't be ready at 3 we cannot find the other key the jeep was dropped off with one key and the shop hasn't looked at the jeep yet we been super busy ill call you back in an hour" so I get a call back in about 5 minutes

Them: said dan your jeep isn't here its not on the lot
Me: so you sold my jeep to someone else?
Them: no its not on the lot I'm talking to the owner now
Me: What do you mean the owner?
Them: The dealership owner
Me: So some other dealership took my jeep?
Them: We think someone stole your jeep
Me: what do mean stole my jeep how does this happen?
Them: we don't know this never happened before we are filing a police report
Me: so what does this mean for my jeep? I don't want the jeep if someone stole it and you get it back
Them: we might have to order you a new one
Me: so im back at 0 waiting for my jeep that was already built to get another one?
Them: yes that is probably what is going to happen im goin to try to figure this all out, ill know more in a couple days I will keep you posted.
Me: okay?

End call

(NOTHING IS WORD FOR WORD JUST FROM MEMORY)

So my gut says they sold my Jeep, but why go to such a crazy scenario, just say mistake was made jeep isn't here im sorry it was someone else or something simple like that

has this happen to anyone else or has anyone ever witness this?
is there anything I can do to ensure im not getting some fucked up stolen jeep

any and all feedback is welcome - if any dealerships on here have any advice or steps I should take I would appreciate it

Posted this twice, I am sorry if this break rules, but wasn't sure which spot to post. (Sorry and thank you)

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
If they are going to file a police report they wouldn't try to lie about it.

that's serious stuff and there will be records of it.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Either your Jeep was stolen like they claim or it got sold out from under you as you suspect.

Wait, your salesman isnā€™t named Jerry Lundegaard, is he?

Twistedfab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I am sure they have cameras. If itā€™s true then they should be able to get it back. Not that I would want it. Who knows what they could have done to it.

Sponsored

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ā€˜20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
Bottom line is that your Jeep is no longer available, sorry. If you like, order another one. Appears that nothing else will change that fact.

Unfortunately, someone else just had their property stolen.

Columbus104

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Moab (white)
I would ask to see a copy of the police report. I agree that the dealership might conceivably lie to you, but they aren't going to file a false police report. If they actually file one, it's a legit (and very unfortunate occurrence).

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
The new JLā€™s come with satellite tracking (via Uconnect). so itā€™s not entirely impossible for FCA to locate it if they wish.

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
One of the dealers that i went to to compare the two engines had about a dozen wranglers of different colors and trim levels available for test drives. He handed me a dealer plate and said to grab any of them and try to keep it under 20 minutes. I picked out 2 similiarly equipped rubis and went in to get the keys, just to find out that the fobs were in the cupholders of all of them. "Oh, okay" and off i went. 45 minutes and 2 rubis later, i brought the plate back to the salesman who then jokingly says that he keeps forgetting to photocopy peoples licenses before they go out. He never even asked if i had a license at all. They're begging for some scumbag to drive off and leave them with an open parking spot and a lonely key fob.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
One of the dealers that i went to to compare the two engines had about a dozen wranglers of different colors and trim levels available for test drives. He handed me a dealer plate and said to grab any of them and try to keep it under 20 minutes. I picked out 2 similiarly equipped rubis and went in to get the keys, just to find out that the fobs were in the cupholders of all of them. "Oh, okay" and off i went. 45 minutes and 2 rubis later, i brought the plate back to the salesman who then jokingly says that he keeps forgetting to photocopy peoples licenses before they go out. He never even asked if i had a license at all. They're begging for some scumbag to drive off and leave them with an open parking spot and a lonely key fob.
Yeaaa if you do that you will get caught one way or another in this day and age and a criminal record, really not worth it for brief moment of fun.

OP
OP
Dansjeep

Dansjeep

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Well I drove to dealership cause I was questioning it. They were being honest the police were there.

I guess I am SOL and back and square one on the waiting list

JeepDave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2D Sport, V6, Manual Transmission
These Jeeps have a tendency to mysteriously disappear at times. Last year I was shopping for a base 2 door Sport (with a base sport price) and went to a dealer that had one advertised, manual transmission and all. Nothing on it I didnā€™t want to pay for. So I went there to drive & buy but wouldnā€™t you know it, just that very afternoon, not long before I got there, their owner took it off the lot because he agreed to donate it to a charity raffle! To Charity. For a good cause. Big hearted dealer sending his profits to people in need, people less fortunate than I. As luck would have it though, they did have many more to choose from. All more expensive, none the way I wanted but still, charity! So they go missing for lots of reasons, charitable gifts being one...

SnowDog

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
That's bad luck for you, but worse luck for the dealer's insurance company. Maybe try to find a new one in some dealer's inventory or a slightly used one that just happens to be built exactly like you want so you can get it immediately. Of course, if you do that you'll have to either ship it to you or go get it and drive it back, but if it were me that would be better than waiting for another to be built.
Sponsored