Sponsored

New Offroad Park in Texas

WreckEm711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 6 speed
Hey all,

I just discovered this today (Thanks Youtube!) and am VERY excited for it, so I wanted to share in case everyone else was unaware. Very close to me, which is rare in itself, but hopefully this does well and can be another big place for Jeepers to have fun in Texas.

https://www.merusadventure.com/

Video of people exploring the park:
Sponsored

MRH512

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Very cool. I'll be checking this place out after it opens to the public in July!

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
It’s 9 hours drive from me. It costs $847 annual membership to wheel. If you’re able to go once every month that only $70 each time.

I don’t think that they intend for me to use their park. :(

Let us know how it is. It looks great.

OP
OP
WreckEm711

WreckEm711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 6 speed
It’s 9 hours drive from me. It costs $847 annual membership to wheel. If you’re able to go once every month that only $70 each time.

I don’t think that they intend for me to use their park. :(

Let us know how it is. It looks great.
Hah I understand that, thats about as far as most places to wheel in Texas are for me! Starting in the summer they are going to have 30 something dollar day passes for offroading, and the camping seems reasonably priced given the area and what else you get to do there.

I definitely want to get out there at least once this summer, I'll share my experience!

MRH512

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Hah I understand that, thats about as far as most places to wheel in Texas are for me! Starting in the summer they are going to have 30 something dollar day passes for offroading, and the camping seems reasonably priced given the area and what else you get to do there.

I definitely want to get out there at least once this summer, I'll share my experience!
The membership perks sound nice. But who is willing to drop $900 that's probably non-refundable, on a place that they haven't even been to?!

Sponsored

OP
OP
WreckEm711

WreckEm711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 6 speed
The membership perks sound nice. But who is willing to drop $900 that's probably non-refundable, on a place that they haven't even been to?!
No joke, guessing there are enough people in this area desperate for something close by that they're willing to for early access. Apparently its been open since early spring to members.
When you factor in travel expenses to get to high quality offroad places from this area, and the time required to drive, I'd guess it would come close enough to break even if you go often enough vs driving to further off places?

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link

I missed the day pass option. I’d do that for sure. I’ve been saying forever that I want to go up to paloduro canyon so this gives me even more of a reason.

MRH512

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
No joke, guessing there are enough people in this area desperate for something close by that they're willing to for early access. Apparently its been open since early spring to members.
When you factor in travel expenses to get to high quality offroad places from this area, and the time required to drive, I'd guess it would come close enough to break even if you go often enough vs driving to further off places?

Perhaps. And maybe once it's complete the price will be worth it. The site says they currently have 35 miles of trails for off-roading with a plan to expand to 50 miles. Also building some areas to "familiarize yourself" before heading out to the main trails. But, with that unavailable, I'll just spring for a one-time entry to test the waters first.

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
Yep. I’ve been keeping my eye on this for the past several months. Looks great. Hoping some of the spring members post up pics. Also waiting for some day prices vs membership.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
That music makes the video unwatchable
Sponsored