GinjaNinja

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave; 2018 Mojito! JLUR [GONE];
Just recently had my 2018 Ocean Blue Build

Im definitely floored by the cost and just wonder if I was taken advantage of......
Essentially the total hours for all the work was 124 hours x $110/hr
Additionally there was 2K miscellaneous charges for small things that all added up
and $6500 in paint charges= Total charges 23K

*Note: I purchased all parts needed for customization before hand

The painting compromised of powder coating: $3800
Front & Rear Bumper
Nerf Step up
Tube Doors
Inner Fenders Front & Rear
Miscellaneous small pieces you will see around jeep like tube door emblems, dashboard, front headlight grooves etc...

Regular Paint- $2,000 for hard top
I had to buy hard top from Quadratec
800 for hood and few small pieces

Now he was some of the work done:

Electrical
Colored Headlights
Rock lights
Subwoofer installed back
S panel
Cube lights
Floor lights under foot rests front seats
Rear Tire lights

Customized Work

Borla Cat Muffler
Remove Hood, Bumpers F& R, Remove all Fenders
Remove Soft top
Install Hard Top
Put together and install Tube Doors
Install all inner Fenders
Install Hood
Install all Fenders
Install Nfab step up
Alignment
Install all tires, rims, mount & balance
Removed factor speakers-----Installed all new kicker speakers 3" & 4"
Removed dash to paint red
REmove factor tire carrier---install Evo Tire Carrier
Assemble and install winch
Install 3.5" Teraflex Lift kit and stability arm

There are some more items like issues that they had with the DV8 fenders that were not manufactured best for JL
They had issues with freedom panels and some issues with wiring

Didnt actually get estimate beforehand

This Jeep place in S Florida is actually pretty credible, the owner good guy, but Im just wondering if I didn't have real expectations about this build

I spent about 15K in all the parts, tires, rims, etc.....Everything on the jeep basically.

Im really considering selling it in a month or two just to hope I get my money back and then redo with another idea I had
for a Jeep

Any suggestions? Opinions on all this? Just kinda looking for something to either ease my mind or get rid of this empty feeling on writing such a big check and spending all this money.

I will say this-- This Jeep absolutely turns head all over the place kinda cool. Had it one day and people beeping, taking pics, rolling down window saying Awesome jeep

Thanks for any input

IMG_20190607_145312.jpg

IMG_20190607_145319.jpg

IMG_20190607_145321.jpg

IMG_20190607_145331.jpg

IMG_20190607_145340.jpg

IMG_20190607_145346.jpg

IMG_20190607_145354.jpg
Yea man, I think you got hosed on the cost...but it certainly is not something that is done cheap by others (hence why I am doing all my own painting of small parts). I know first hand with the number of highly modified vehicles I have built and sold, recouping costs of mods is pretty much impossible so from a $$ perspective, just try to enjoy the Jeep!

I will say that the color scheme of the Jeep would have Seahawks fans all giddy...though I am not a fan of either lol. Too bad you are on the opposite corner of the US!

Cheers.
Sponsored

MrEMan1287

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sahara 2.0t
All I can tell you about the cost is how much my build is costing me.

Wheels, tires, lift, bumpers, side rails, lights, winch, d rings, other small parts, paint and labor is going to be about $9k. I'm only having about $500 worth of paint done. The rest is parts and labor. I know I'm getting a bit of a discount too since the shop is down the street from the restaurant that I'm exec chef at and the guys at the shop eat at my place often. I hook them up, they hook me up kinda deal.

OP
OP

mpk1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
All I can tell you about the cost is how much my build is costing me.

Wheels, tires, lift, bumpers, side rails, lights, winch, d rings, other small parts, paint and labor is going to be about $9k. I'm only having about $500 worth of paint done. The rest is parts and labor. I know I'm getting a bit of a discount too since the shop is down the street from the restaurant that I'm exec chef at and the guys at the shop eat at my place often. I hook them up, they hook me up kinda deal.
So it sounds like my stuff was not a bad deal at all.

I also called a shop that offers a custom package for about 16-18K (not including labor)
This package not even half of the stuff I have on my Jeep
Based on this custom package they estimated labor to be low end 17K - High end 20K

I'm feeling pretty good now about all the work this shop did and the cost associated with my build

MrEMan1287

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sahara 2.0t
So it sounds like my stuff was not a bad deal at all.

I also called a shop that offers a custom package for about 16-18K (not including labor)
This package not even half of the stuff I have on my Jeep
Based on this custom package they estimated labor to be low end 17K - High end 20K

I'm feeling pretty good now about all the work this shop did and the cost associated with my build
At first I thought your cost was way too much, but going through it and seeing everything you had done, I don't think so either. It does still seem a little bit high, but still reasonable. I'm also no expert on this stuff, my JL is my first jeep and I've never had work like this done on another vehicle of mine.

Also, your jeep looks really cool. It's a bit over the top for me, personally, but looks like a fun ride.

OP
OP

mpk1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
At first I thought your cost was way too much, but going through it and seeing everything you had done, I don't think so either. It does still seem a little bit high, but still reasonable. I'm also no expert on this stuff, my JL is my first jeep and I've never had work like this done on another vehicle of mine.

Also, your jeep looks really cool. It's a bit over the top for me, personally, but looks like a fun ride.
Yah its over the top but thats what I was looking for. Like you this was also my 1st Jeep and build. It is quite fun and the Borla muffler gives it a little extra roar
Sponsored