Sponsored

New Mopar Ultimate Dana 44 Performance Axles (JPP Ultimate Dana 44 AdvanTEK)

MDG

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKUR
[ADMIN EDIT - PHOTOS ADDED BELOW] - Production of the new Ultimate Dana 44 Axles will begin in December and availability is expected 2-3 weeks after production start.

***************************​

Just saw this on the web. Interesting new product for the Wrangler but wonder if these will compete vs the Ultimate Dana 60 setup. I don't know pricing and that could be the deciding factor between the two.

Mopar teamed with longtime partner and auto supplier Dana to develop the axles, which are co-branded under the name JPP Ultimate Dana 44 AdvanTEK. They're installed on a Nacho Wrangler concept at Mopar's 15,345-square-foot display.

The high-strength axles are built in the U.S. and feature gear technology that reduces gear set packaging, with added strength and overall rigidity for the trail. The high-clearance carrier design adds an extra half-inch of ground clearance, with an expanded range of gear ratios (4.56, 4.88, 5.13 and 5.38) to accommodate for more tire sizes. Chromoly axle shafts, thicker quarter-inch steel bracket mounts, 9.5-millimeter tubes and upgraded U-joints also add durability, while a nodular iron differential cover adds rugged looks, and its ribbing adds strength and rigidity.

The direct bolt-in assembly allows for use of OEM components and includes electronic differential lockers already installed.

The axles will be available for purchase starting next month.

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/10/30/jeep-wrangler-mopar-performance-axles-sema/

Mopar-Dana-Ultimate-44-Performance-Axles-AdvanTEK-SEMA-2018-1.jpg
Mopar-Dana-Ultimate-44-Performance-Axles-AdvanTEK-SEMA-2018-2.jpg

Mopar-Dana-Ultimate-44-Performance-Axles-AdvanTEK-SEMA-2018-3.jpg
Mopar-Dana-Ultimate-44-Performance-Axles-AdvanTEK-SEMA-2018-4.jpg
Mopar-Dana-Ultimate-44-Performance-Axles-AdvanTEK-SEMA-2018-5.jpg
Mopar-Dana-Ultimate-44-Performance-Axles-AdvanTEK-SEMA-2018-6.jpg
Mopar-Dana-Ultimate-44-Performance-Axles-AdvanTEK-SEMA-2018-7.jpg
Mopar-Dana-Ultimate-44-Performance-Axles-AdvanTEK-SEMA-2018-8.jpg
Mopar-Dana-Ultimate-44-Performance-Axles-AdvanTEK-SEMA-2018-9.jpg
Mopar-Dana-Ultimate-44-Performance-Axles-AdvanTEK-SEMA-2018-10.jpg

Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
It's got a Jeep badge and is an official Mopar product. That means it won't be cheap.

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Just spoke to the Mopar guys and got some photos (added to first post). Production will begin in December and availability is expected 2-3 weeks after production start.

Brian_18JLUR

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JK, Jeep Wrangler JL
Vehicle Showcase
I'm thinking companies like Artec and EVO will fix this window in the axle soon enough with a truss kit. EVO broke it's second axle this past weekend on the "America" JL. Dana has a inner axle kit already and CAD delete. I think to spend the money on a Mopar Ultimate 44 will be a waste unless the price is super competitive and makes sense over the upgrade to a 60

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Those are the axles, for $50k, should of come on Rubicons. Regardless, seems the current gen on the Rubis are holding up well overall. Can we get those badass Jeep heavy duty diff covers for stock Rubi axles?

Sponsored

Gandersonsays

First Name
Griffin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr JL Rubicon
Based on everything else we've heard from MOPAR throughout the JL's rollout, these won't be out for another 2 years at best. Remember when they said tube doors, snorkels, and a lift kit for the 2 door would be available at launch?

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Relax on the FAD. They didn't put it on there because it has no purpose on a heavily built axle and the customer looking for this has no interest in it. It also doesn't have to comply with CAFE. They put the FAD on the Dodge Rams and they hold up just fine. Hell, I ran the weaker system on my YJ and wheeled the hell out of it for a decade, with no issues. I'm not losing any sleep over it and I like getting 20mpg on the 44 hour drive to Moab and back.

These are nice looking axle setups, though. They'll be expensive, but they'll take a beating, too.

km58501

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
I wonder if the ball joints are loose on these also?

JLUfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU Rubicon
Are the stock Rubicon axles not made domestically?

baysta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
How do these differ from the stock Rubicon axles?

Last edited:

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I know why they didn't put it on there. And considering we now have two cases of broken housings at the FAD unit, it was a poor design for a vehicle marketed in the way the Rubicon has been.

Dodge Rams aren't known for being hardcore trail rigs....and the 3/4 and 1T versions don't run D44s....so you're comparing apples to dildos.

The vacuum CAD on the YJ was a much bigger turd than the electric FAD on the current Jeep (well, that remains to be seen actually)....but to claim that b/c your's didn't break it was an acceptable system is contrary to tons of other people's experience.

Hubs would have given the same effect on mileage as the FAD....but they didn't fit the market segment, so it is what it is. I'm not losing sleep over it either, but if our's fails......I certainly wouldn't buy Jeep's wonder-44 from SEMA to replace it. "Fool me once, shame on you........." would seem to apply. Besides, if you're going to spend the money....a 60 is a far better choice.
Two cases? I need to see more than two cases of anything to declare it a weak point or bad design. Not sure why they broke, but Artec makes an inexpensive armor plate for it if it is a worry. As for YJ's, I saw lots of them and the only issue I ever saw with the FAD was with dry, cracked vacuum hoses that were easily replaced. I never saw one break. Not saying it didn't happen, but I was around many YJ's that were wheeled hard, not just my own.

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
I was told price will be around 4200. Complete with ball joints and 1410 U joint axle shafts. Ready to swap over your knuckles etc and bolt in.