Sponsored

New Mopar Ultimate Dana 44 Performance Axles (JPP Ultimate Dana 44 AdvanTEK)

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

to bad its 4 grand. ouuuuuuuch. guess ill keep looking for a rubi take off axle and transfer case set. lol

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
Agreed.....but to be fair, I haven't seen many new JLR/JLURs that have factory front D44s on many serious trails either. That will come as they get out of warranty and then we'll see how robust the design really is.

Sorry..haven't kept up with this thread.

Dan's definitely proving to be the smarter uncle....right now. ;) We'll see as time passes. :fingerscrossed:
If you go to YouTube there are some videos from [Banned Site] are recent JL/ JT experience with stock axle rubicons wheeling hard.
And another series called trail to sema by bleepinJeep. JL with them running stock axles. Even broke a front ring and pinion going up an obstacle backward on purpose lol. On 40’s of course.

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Guys have been wheeling hard trails on 37’s with stock Rubi axles for over a year and still no significant issues with the axle. You have incidents here and there but are usually related to skinny pedal, bad lines or just dumb luck. The new axle, cad and all have been proving to hold up well.
BUT, for piece of mind and the ability to ‘baby it’ less, the Ultimate seems like a great choice and selling your stock Rubi axle will offset a bit of the cost.
AND, seriously, if you run 40s you need to run 60s. People who don’t, know it’s not if, it’s when they break it and plan to upgrade then. Heck, the hardest of hardcore are running 80s.

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
If you go to YouTube there are some videos from [Banned Site] are recent JL/ JT experience with stock axle rubicons wheeling hard.
And another series called trail to sema by bleepinJeep. JL with them running stock axles. Even broke a front ring and pinion going up an obstacle backward on purpose lol. On 40’s of course.
Not a fanboy but do enjoy some of the wheeling action. It’s great seeing some the vendors like Synergy really push hard.

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed.....but to be fair, I haven't seen many new JLR/JLURs that have factory front D44s on many serious trails either. That will come as they get out of warranty and then we'll see how robust the design really is.

Sorry..haven't kept up with this thread.

Dan's definitely proving to be the smarter uncle....right now. ;) We'll see as time passes. :fingerscrossed:
Time will tell. I went with 35's not just to maintain drivability, but also to minimize stress on the drive train and suspension, just in case. I want mine to be working just fine with no breaks for the next 300,000 miles.

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
JV has a lot of trails....and just like here, a lot of people claim they ran "X" trail but took all the bypasses.

Generally, where CAD/FAD axles have the most trouble is in good sized boulders; 3-4' or more.

Again, time will tell.
I’d say speed and boulders is the real destroyer of fad.

Synergy bent their 2 door JL dana 30 on 35’s but it never broke. They also bent the seat rails somehow lol. They jumped it/ full throttle through crap and even broke u joints but never the housing itself.
Sponsored