New Mopar Steel Bumper for JL / JLU Released

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Sam’s Decorative Automotive Button Emporium
I think it’s cool of Benny to take the time out of his day to show us some new stuff. At least we have a manufacture that pays attention to the needs and wants of their loyal customer base. I can’t think of another manufacturer that puts out this amount of “Performance” parts. We all know there are better/less expensive parts in the aftermarket but at least they are giving us something, It’s not my style but I’ll take something over nothing any day. Thanks Benny
great comment, thanks Benny!!
Sponsored

mrhumble1

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, 2-Door, Manual
Off topic a bit but how do you like the road ride on those Patagonia's?
They're fantastic. I keep them around 30psi and they are quite comfortable and quiet. They perform very well off road, too.

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
They're fantastic. I keep them around 30psi and they are quite comfortable and quiet. They perform very well off road, too.
I hear nothing but good things about them off road. The price point in 35 and 37 is great compared to most. But I drive lot and worry about handling and road noise coming from an MT

Simann

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Honestly, for a stamped steel bumper (is it Boron steel like AEV?) I think that's a good deal! I really dislike how the ARB bumper looks, and we all know the AEV bumper will be around $1500. Its MOPAR, direct bolt on, OE quality. And I'm sure the finish will match the other OE/AEV black coating as well. Remember, You get what you pay for. ;)

marcdm

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara... preceded by 2012 JKU Sahara, Multiple CJ's, TJ's even XJ, WJ & WK2... yup, Always loved my jeeps :)
At this price point, will it include lights and the lower skid plate?

Heck, a new 3 piece steel bumper is 895 and comes with both lights and hooks... so at the mentioned price point, this is missing other needed parts. I actually do like the bumper.. but as others mention, that price point puts it in competition with other more complete options.

That is the MSRP we will have it discounted of course

-Benny

Sponsored

OP
OP
AllMoparParts.com

AllMoparParts.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL

Heck, a new 3 piece steel bumper is 895 and comes with both lights and hooks... so at the mentioned price point, this is missing other needed parts. I actually do like the bumper.. but as others mention, that price point puts it in competition with other more complete options.
Hi Marc,

With the information we currently have I do not believe so. We will followup with more info as it becomes available.

Thanks,
Benny

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR

When it comes to price only two words apply “it’s Mopar!”... of course it’s going to be expensive, just look at their “tailgate reinforcement“ There’s literally a million better options at half the cost, but it’s from Mopar.

marcdm

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara... preceded by 2012 JKU Sahara, Multiple CJ's, TJ's even XJ, WJ & WK2... yup, Always loved my jeeps :)
My willingness to get something is not a price only point. I do like the simplicity of an OE product. I have bought and used countless Mopar options on any number of the 10 jeeps Ive had over many years. That said, I also have bought loads of aftermarket from other sources as well. Ultimately, I will pay a reasonable cost if the application is what I have in mind.

My main point was that while I do like the simplicity - if I have to then buy a skid etc... its price does become an absurd option that I do NOT think is reasonable.

My main issue is I don't really want a stubby bumper - but a simple mid to full. However so many of the options out there don't come with an integrated skid or even offer a one... I don't want all my steering components exposed. I like the PoisinSpyder and the MotoBuilt.... because of their simplicity and that they have an skid option or and integrated skid. But both are more of a stubby than I prefer. So I am left looking...

When it comes to price only two words apply “it’s Mopar!”... of course it’s going to be expensive, just look at their “tailgate reinforcement“ There’s literally a million better options at half the cost, but it’s from Mopar.

PaulG

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I would not pay that much even discounted, whatever that may be and it wont be much, for that bumper. I think it is intended for people buying a Jeep off the dealer lot and want it I installed with a winch at the dealer. They will sell in that scenario I think.

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
I would not pay that much even discounted, whatever that may be and it wont be much, for that bumper. I think it is intended for people buying a Jeep off the dealer lot and want it I installed with a winch at the dealer. They will sell in that scenario I think.
But the normal steel bumper is already winch compatible, and looks a hell of a lot better in my opinion.

Sponsored

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392Rubicon XR 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
retired due to broken back
Thanks Benny, I`m sure there are a lot of people who really appreciate your posting`s myself included.
The crush can`s do not have to be installed, just like the ARB cans they just bolt on, there are pictures out with the can`s removed and all that is in it`s place are 4 bolts to fill the holes or this route, I have gone to the big box auto parts store and bought black rubber flush mount plugs to use instead of hardware, Plastic ones work as well, similar to what Mopar gives you with the tailgate reinforcement kit to pulg a hole in the tailgate

Benny please let us know when they come out with a stop wandering and death wobble kit lol........

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Good grief, even if they knock it down to $1k I wouldn't touch that thing. Soooooooo many better options out there than this. The original steel bumper is great especially when the end caps are off. This thing... blah.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
not liking it. for $1200 i would go and get the arb classic winch bumper that has a built in grill guard. and covers the full width of the jl

cb4017

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Retired
I kinda like it. Will a matching rear bumper be following?

I haven't seen an aftermarket bumper yet that I've really cared for.
Sponsored