Sponsored

New Mopar Steel Bumper for JL / JLU Released

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
$1,200 for a bumper is crazy IMO... I wouldn't pay that for both bumpers... Plenty of good, solid, aftermarket bumpers for under $500.
Sponsored

mrhumble1

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, 2-Door, Manual
$1,200 for a bumper is crazy IMO... I wouldn't pay that for both bumpers... Plenty of good, solid, aftermarket bumpers for under $500.
YUP. My bumper isn't anything terribly fancy, but it looks great and was only $329

upload_2019-11-20_13-5-58.png

How much does it weigh?
It weighs TWELVE HUNDRED DOLLARS. Approximately this much:

upload_2019-11-20_13-7-17.png

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
YUP. My bumper isn't anything terribly fancy, but it looks great and was only $329

upload_2019-11-20_13-5-58.png

It weighs TWELVE HUNDRED DOLLARS. Approximately this much:

upload_2019-11-20_13-7-17.png

Where'd you get your antenna? Link?

Paid $271 shipped for mine... Came with rings, rubber protectors, and Fog light mounts.

IMG_5477.JPEG
IMG_5478.JPEG

Sponsored

OP
OP
AllMoparParts.com

AllMoparParts.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Is it still just as thin as the other JL steel bumper?

If you touch that thing/rock on a tree it's getting bent...my LoD can push a tree over and not care.
Are these more heavy duty or otherwise better suited to off-road than the standard steel bumper? Weight comparison?
We do not have any further info at this time but these are both great questions. We did learn that as with the current steel bumper the skid plate is required to make this work.

-Benny

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
We do not have any further info at this time but these are both great questions. We did learn that as with the current steel bumper the skid plate is required to make this work.

-Benny
Is it the same skid plate as the other steel bumper?

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Is it still just as thin as the other JL steel bumper?

If you touch that thing/rock on a tree it's getting bent...my LoD can push a tree over and not care.
Dude if you are looking to push trees over, you shouldn't be looking at anything with 'Mopar' on it.

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Mopar is faced with some limitations. As a "factory backed" accessory, not only do they need to make money on it, the dealer network needs to make money on it. That typically leads to about a 300% hike in price. Also, it needs to pass all the legal requirements heaped on the original vehicle manufacturer.

I don't think it's a bad bumper, and I can understand the price, but personally It's not to my taste. If it had a beefy loop, straight or leaned forward stinger style, I think it would be better. But otherwise, I don't see a reason to choose it over the standard steel bumper... or any of the myriad of other aftermarket offerings.

Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Mopar is faced with some limitations. As a "factory backed" accessory, not only do they need to make money on it, the dealer network needs to make money on it. That typically leads to about a 300% hike in price. Also, it needs to pass all the legal requirements heaped on the original vehicle manufacturer.

I don't think it's a bad bumper, and I can understand the price, but personally It's not to my taste. If it had a beefy loop, straight or leaned forward stinger style, I think it would be better. But otherwise, I don't see a reason to choose it over the standard steel bumper... or any of the myriad of other aftermarket offerings.
Those massive crush cans and unremovable extensions must be there to improve frontal crash rating.

RManochio

First Name
Rocco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
I just ordered a Rubicon this weekend with the steel bumper package. I hope it comes with the original steel bumper instead of this one. I liked that the other one could become a stubby. Is the old one replaced with this one immediately?

OP
OP
AllMoparParts.com

AllMoparParts.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
It will Rocco, They have not changed any of the factory order options or versions. This is simply an add on accessory for those that choose.

Thanks,
Benny

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I think it’s cool of Benny to take the time out of his day to show us some new stuff. At least we have a manufacture that pays attention to the needs and wants of their loyal customer base. I can’t think of another manufacturer that puts out this amount of “Performance” parts. We all know there are better/less expensive parts in the aftermarket but at least they are giving us something, It’s not my style but I’ll take something over nothing any day. Thanks Benny
Sponsored