New Member - New JLUR

Skully

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR - Sting Gray
Just joined the forum and i'm happy to be here and excited to gain and share information. Just picked up my new 2020 JLUR in Sting-Gray, love this Jeep, its our third.

does anyone know of a product that is used to protect the top of the rear body where the hardtop meets the body? I'm looking for some kind of thin material like carbon fiber of something protective to help keep that surface from getting scratched up when removing and installing the hardtop. I'm usually very careful with my winch system but inevitably the top moves or scrapes a little.

also, i am replacing the stock rock sliders with these Smittybuilt SRC side armor steps and was going to post the stock sliders on CL or Ebay. What are they Worth, $200?
Jeep Wrangler JL New Member - New JLUR {filename}
Sponsored

Anonymous

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 JLUR
Welcome I too have the JLUR in Sting-Gray and absolutely love it. Great color!! Maybe PPF x-pel? Just be careful that whatever you use doesn’t mess with the sealing of the top to body (slim probability). Also the stock rails are pretty much given away so $200 might be pushing it.

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
Welcome I too have the JLUR in Sting-Gray and absolutely love it. Great color!! Maybe PPF x-pel? Just be careful that whatever you use doesn’t mess with the sealing of the top to body (slim probability). Also the stock rails are pretty much given away so $200 might be pushing it.
When I get sliders for my JLUR I plan to give my stock ones to a single mom who is a police office in my town.

OP
OP
Skully

Skully

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR - Sting Gray
That's a really thoughtful gesture. May also bode well for you at a future time.

I've been looking at that PPF material and that would definitely do the trick. Would also be fun to do

Punk'n Willy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU 3.6L Punk'n Willys
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome!!

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Just joined the forum and i'm happy to be here and excited to gain and share information. Just picked up my new 2020 JLUR in Sting-Gray, love this Jeep, its our third.

does anyone know of a product that is used to protect the top of the rear body where the hardtop meets the body? I'm looking for some kind of thin material like carbon fiber of something protective to help keep that surface from getting scratched up when removing and installing the hardtop. I'm usually very careful with my winch system but inevitably the top moves or scrapes a little.

also, i am replacing the stock rock sliders with these Smittybuilt SRC side armor steps and was going to post the stock sliders on CL or Ebay. What are they Worth, $200?
Jeep Wrangler JL New Member - New JLUR {filename}
welcome welcome. you can find the slides for free-100 bucks. Im also eyeing the smittybilt scr sliders/steps. things look good for the price! you could get thin foam tape but your going to torque things in the front with the gap change. be careful
Sponsored