First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maserati GT, Ferrari 355 F1 GTS, Ferrari F355 Berlinetta, BMW 335xi
Hello Folks,

I'm new to the forum and new to Jeep.

In the past (prior to 2008), I've had Trailbalzers, Tahoe's etc but in 2008 I ordered a new 2008 BMW 335xi Coupe. I live in Orchard Park NY and we get a fair amount of snow. The BMW with Blizzak's is really awesome in the snow but it's still a car.

6 years ago I started driving a Maserati GranTurismo as my DD 6 months a year and the BMW became my winter car.

I'm a sports car guy (have Ferrari's) so the Jeep will be a very new experience for me. I'm not replacing the sports cars, I'm just looking to use the Jeep as my winter car, Say Nov 1st until May 1st +/- a couple weeks. Of course, it would come in handy as a back up car and something to haul stuff with. So the Jeep would replace the now tired BMW.

I've got a few questions and I thank you all in advance.

1) Does anyone know if the 2020 orders are being taken with the V6 eTorque? My dealer tells me "no" but frankly I know they are looking to move 2019 inventory so not sure I trust that answer. I've driven the 2.0L and the V6 and the 2.0L has more pep (not surprised given the turbo) but I'm a little bothered with a 4 cylinder in a truck.

2) For 2019, with the optional LED package, are the head lights LED? (I think no?). With the 2020 headlights be LED?

I've decided to get one for sure, so now I just need to decided on a 2019 or 2020.

Here is my config based on the 2019:

https://www.jeep.com/bmo.wrangler.2...WHG,CL,SDU,UAG,DHP,ADE,HT3,XBM,X9,PX8,28G,APA

Thank you all in advance.

-Dave
Sponsored

offset_98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1993 Nissan 300ZX, 2015 Subaru Outback, 2011 Toyota Sienna
Can’t answer #1 but I have that package on my Sahara for #2 and the answer is yes, LED headlights, fog lights, tail lights, DRL and signals.
The headlights with the LED package beat the pants off the Jeeps with those candlestick lit non-LED’s. Drive it at night. I knew I didn’t want to go without afterward.

Cmcclaflin31

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Yj Wrangler, 18 JLUS, 82 J10 Pickup
Occupation
Ford Tech
Hello Folks,

I'm new to the forum and new to Jeep.

In the past (prior to 2008), I've had Trailbalzers, Tahoe's etc but in 2008 I ordered a new 2008 BMW 335xi Coupe. I live in Orchard Park NY and we get a fair amount of snow. The BMW with Blizzak's is really awesome in the snow but it's still a car.

6 years ago I started driving a Maserati GranTurismo as my DD 6 months a year and the BMW became my winter car.

I'm a sports car guy (have Ferrari's) so the Jeep will be a very new experience for me. I'm not replacing the sports cars, I'm just looking to use the Jeep as my winter car, Say Nov 1st until May 1st +/- a couple weeks. Of course, it would come in handy as a back up car and something to haul stuff with. So the Jeep would replace the now tired BMW.

I've got a few questions and I thank you all in advance.

1) Does anyone know if the 2020 orders are being taken with the V6 eTorque? My dealer tells me "no" but frankly I know they are looking to move 2019 inventory so not sure I trust that answer. I've driven the 2.0L and the V6 and the 2.0L has more pep (not surprised given the turbo) but I'm a little bothered with a 4 cylinder in a truck.

2) For 2019, with the optional LED package, are the head lights LED? (I think no?). With the 2020 headlights be LED?

I've decided to get one for sure, so now I just need to decided on a 2019 or 2020.

Here is my config based on the 2019:

https://www.jeep.com/bmo.wrangler.2...WHG,CL,SDU,UAG,DHP,ADE,HT3,XBM,X9,PX8,28G,APA

Thank you all in advance.

-Dave
As far as I've seen here, they haven't been taking v6 orders for 2020 yet. The LED package I would tell you is an absolute MUST. I got mine with that and it's night and day difference from halogen. The headlights are LED as well with that package

OP
OP

DaveL

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can’t answer #1 but I have that package on my Sahara for #2 and the answer is yes, LED headlights, fog lights, tail lights, DRL and signals.
The headlights with the LED package beat the pants off the Jeeps with those candlestick lit non-LED’s. Drive it at night. I knew I didn’t want to go without afterward.
Thank you. I wonder why they don't explicitly state headlights on the option list?

Cmcclaflin31

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Ford Tech
Thank you. I wonder why they don't explicitly state headlights on the option list?
I believe Jay posted about the 2020 ordering guides in the order and pricing section. If you look at that thread it states "LED headlamp and foglamp group"

Sponsored

OP
OP

DaveL

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I believe Jay posted about the 2020 ordering guides in the order and pricing section. If you look at that thread it states "LED headlamp and foglamp group"
I did see that. On the 2019, the LED option does not say anything about headlights which is confusing. It does say head light rings.

OP
OP

DaveL

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also, any benefit to the "anti spin Diff Rear axle" when getting "Select Trac" ?

Cmcclaflin31

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Ford Tech
Also, any benefit to the "anti spin Diff Rear axle" when getting "Select Trac" ?
It helps when you're stuck and have little traction. Both tires on the rear spin instead of just one. If it's truly going to be just a winter vehicle and you live in a place that has some bad winter's, it might be a smart thing to get that axle. It all depends on what you want in the end

OP
OP

DaveL

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you, Connor.

OP
OP

DaveL

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does anyone have comments / opinions of the 2.0L Turbo vs the current V6?

Sponsored

Lincoln

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Sahara JLU, 2017 Chevy Express 2500 High Top Explorer 4x4 Conversion Van, 2011 Ford F-150, 2016 Jayco Seneca 37TS Motorhome
I have the 2018 Sahara loaded with everything with the standard 3.6 v6 We love it Plenty of power and we get 21-23 mpg I personally like keeping it simple so I will stay away from anything that has the bsg or the turbo with bsg To much stuff to break for me Jeeps have always been simple and that’s the way I like to keep it We’ve had 0 problems with the 3.6

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
LED headlights have been part of the LED lighting group since the beginning of the JL in 2018. They really are a must have option.

I did back to back test drives, at just about every dealer on long island, to compare the 2 engine options. I made sure each comparison was on even ground. All were fully loaded 4 door models with the hard top that I wanted and Rubicons were not mixed with Saharas/Sports because of the different final drive ratios. I ended up with the 2.0L turbo because it unanimously felt stronger across the entire rpm band versus the v6 which didn't come alive without a heavier throttle imput to get the revs up. Another thing I noticed when driving the turbos was that it made the vehicle feel lighter than it really is. I have zero regrets with my choice, other than not being able to refrain from taking the scenic route whenever time allows.

Also worth noting is that I'm half deaf, so its hard for me to pick up on engine sounds until i get real close. I took advantage of that and asked to be not told what engine was being brought around on all test drives. After the first 2 or 3 dealers i didn't need the second drive to know what was under the hood of the first, because of the reasons above.

MrEMan1287

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sahara 2.0t
I have a fully loaded 2.0l '19 Sahara. I considered waiting for the 2020 orders, but couldn't wait any longer. Placed my order almost 3 months ago and I've had the jeep for 3 weeks now. No regrets not waiting for the 2020s.
LED package includes headlights as everyone has mentioned already.
I did not test drive the 3.6. I Knew I wanted a turbo from the get go. Once I got a turbo in a previous vehicle, I was determined to always get one if possible. I enjoy it very much in the jeep. Feels like it has plenty of power.
I live in MD and wanted the Sahara for the select Trac and the anti spin rear diff axle for the snow. I need to be able to get to work in the snow, so anything that could help with that was important to me.

On a side note, not that I plan on stopping driving my jeep anytime soon, but if you need someone to drive one of those ferraris while you enjoy your jeep, I'm willing to make the sacrifice and help you out :LOL:

OP
OP

DaveL

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a fully loaded 2.0l '19 Sahara. I considered waiting for the 2020 orders, but couldn't wait any longer. Placed my order almost 3 months ago and I've had the jeep for 3 weeks now. No regrets not waiting for the 2020s.
LED package includes headlights as everyone has mentioned already.
I did not test drive the 3.6. I Knew I wanted a turbo from the get go. Once I got a turbo in a previous vehicle, I was determined to always get one if possible. I enjoy it very much in the jeep. Feels like it has plenty of power.
I live in MD and wanted the Sahara for the select Trac and the anti spin rear diff axle for the snow. I need to be able to get to work in the snow, so anything that could help with that was important to me.

On a side note, not that I plan on stopping driving my jeep anytime soon, but if you need someone to drive one of those ferraris while you enjoy your jeep, I'm willing to make the sacrifice and help you out :LOL:

Hey Dave - thanks for this and also, thank you to the others - all very solid advice. I do appreciate that the turbo has more stuff that can go wrong but I felt the same when test driving them that the turbo had more pep. Being a car guy, and a sports car guy, this is rather important to me as I'm coming from a pretty fast bench mark.

Ha on the Ferrari's. If you are ever in this area, look me up - at a min, I will give you a ride in the F Car of Maserati :)

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
There is no comparison. The Turbo is leaps and bounds more peppy than the V6. I’ve owned both with the same setups. The turbo has zero issue getting out into traffic in town, or the highway. It flat moves. I never want for more power with this engine, whereas the V6 (with the new 8speed is a great engine), just made a lot of noise but couldn’t get out of its own way. Understand this is all at 7k ft and above. I imagine the 6 runs pretty good at sea level though. Still not as good as the turbo I’ll bet.
Sponsored