New Katzkin Leather - Red / Black with Diamond stitch JL seat cover

BumpyTrail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock
Hey guys, let me give some clarification. These options are now available WHEN ORDERING your new JL or JLU!! MOPAR is charging roughly $1750 (price does/can vary) for the upgrade, but you can get it on ANY trim level. Some dealerships will say pricing is a little over $1000, but be sure to ask if that is just normal leather in which they re-wrap the current seats, or if they are doing a true MOPAR program approved leather install. If you go through the MOPAR program, the diamond stitching and custom color options, as well as the option to add logos like Josh's seats, become available if you already have a Jeep on the ground you want to add it to. This is a HUGE upgrade from just plain old leather seats. When ordering, the codes are CBQ for the Tuscany leather with perforated seats and contrasting stitching, and CBS for Tuscany leather with HexTek insert and contrasting stitching

WranglerUpfitSheet2018.jpg
Where did this advertisement appear? I’ve been on both MOPAR and Katzkin websites and can’t find any additional info?
Sponsored

Ripcord

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Where did this advertisement appear? I’ve been on both MOPAR and Katzkin websites and can’t find any additional info?
This came straight from one of the Katzkin marketing reps. I had a meeting with him a few weeks ago and he said these codes should now be available when ordering at the dealership. I just looked and it is not yet an option on the build site on Jeep.com

BumpyTrail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is the original pic from this thread:
1488E7CF-3B80-4178-AF08-4E3FF6B244B3.jpeg

At least on this one it doesn't look like the door upgrade or leather wrapped brake/shifter are included unfortunately. I would like to order the factory leather to get these upgrades then do the Katzkin a few years down the road but I cannot get confirmation Katzkin makes leather replacement. It may only be cloth replacement.

BumpyTrail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Jeep noob

I just screen shot this from another thread. Apparently Katzkin is now a sponsor on the forum and answered our question. The Katzkin is a cloth interior upgrade option and will not include the other factory leather upgrades.

Screenshot_20180531-191632.png

jamotn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT500,'15 Mustang GT, '14 Juke.'12 HD,'18 Indian Scout
I have a Katzkins interior in my '15 Mustang GT. It's an impressive, quality product that I'd be proud to have in a Jeep.

Sponsored

jfutty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, Ferrari 360, Mercedes SL 550, Buell XB 12ss
This is the original pic from this thread:

At least on this one it doesn't look like the door upgrade or leather wrapped brake/shifter are included unfortunately. I would like to order the factory leather to get these upgrades then do the Katzkin a few years down the road but I cannot get confirmation Katzkin makes leather replacement. It may only be cloth replacement.
Hello, I am looking around to get into a Jeep and more options available as far as inventory to go without leather. The picture of the red/black upgrade seems really nice. Can someone who ordered confirm that the red dash matches, also does the factory red stitching match the one that Katzkin provides? Lastly, how are the aftermarket heated seats?
thanks
joe

Katzkin

First Name
Katzkin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Hello, I am looking around to get into a Jeep and more options available as far as inventory to go without leather. The picture of the red/black upgrade seems really nice. Can someone who ordered confirm that the red dash matches, also does the factory red stitching match the one that Katzkin provides? Lastly, how are the aftermarket heated seats?
thanks
joe
The interior shown has thread that is a match to the steering wheel and shift boot. With regard to the dash, because the gloss level of the dash it is nearly impossible to match with a leather or vinyl. Even if the colors were exactly the same, our eye/brain would view them as different colors because of the gloss level. This question is asked of us often, and we have even struggled with this in our own JL. However we have found our color Salsa (color from the OP picture) looks pretty good with the red in the JL Rubi.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito JL Wrangler Unlimited
The interior shown has thread that is a match to the steering wheel and shift boot. With regard to the dash, because the gloss level of the dash it is nearly impossible to match with a leather or vinyl. Even if the colors were exactly the same, our eye/brain would view them as different colors because of the gloss level. This question is asked of us often, and we have even struggled with this in our own JL. However we have found our color Salsa (color from the OP picture) looks pretty good with the red in the JL Rubi.

Do you guys do the other options as well? The door trim, brake leaver, and arm rest / divider?

Thanks

allenn

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl 4 Door
I would imagine Tom wouldnt have to worry about cost...
Me and him use to be friends back in the day. Don’t get jealous I know it was rare to be told friend. The founder of social media in my opinion. Never knew he was a Jeep guy.

Katzkin

First Name
Katzkin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
We offer new seat covers and an optional center armrest. We do not pattern the shift boot, and other parts on the JL

Sponsored

heels19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Wrangler Sahara (Sting Gray), 14 Wrangler Sahara (Dune)
We offer new seat covers and an optional center armrest. We do not pattern the shift boot, and other parts on the JL
How much is the additional center arm rest? Assuming it's vinyl with the accent stitching.

drdriller

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
I have the rubicon jl with cloth seats. As part of that package, I have a leather wrapped steering wheel and shift nob

joshg

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab, Tesla Model S P90DL, Audi R8 V10 Spyder 6MT
917805E3-CFCD-4425-BCC5-3A6059F7FF82.jpeg
New Katzkin on my Sting Gray Rubi. I am in love. Red is darker in person and looks amazing
I know this is an old thread, but am looking to do a Katzkin interior and found this. Great job @Jhubz7 - I love this combination. Quesiton for you - was this done through Katzkin directly, or through a Jeep dealer? I've been speaking with Katzkin and they said they aren't able to do the trademarked logos like "Rubicon" if you order direct from them... you have to go through a dealership to get any stitching of an FCA logo or trademark (Jeep, Wrangler, Sahara, Rubicon, grill logo, etc.).
Thanks for any info...

joshg

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab, Tesla Model S P90DL, Audi R8 V10 Spyder 6MT
@Jhubz7 Your pics and description gave me the final push i needed to do the @Katzkin replacement, and I LOVE the results as well. Mine's a Moab edition, and I chose to have them stitch in the official Moab logo, like your Rubicon one, but after going back and forth, I finally decided to do the logo stitching in Black. Very pleased with the results. The installer was meticulous and I can't find a single bulge, wrinkle, or stitch that is out of place.

Oh, and as you'll see they replaced the armrest cover so it now has the red stitching to match the seats. Now I have to decide if and how I want to get the steering wheel, dash panel, door panels, and shifter boots to get those in red stitch too.

fullsizeoutput_1479.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_147e.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_147a.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_147d.jpeg

Last edited:

Platinum7990

First Name
Zeb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2021 Rubicon 392 & 2022 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Cybersecurity
@Jhubz7 Your pics and description gave me the final push i needed to do the @Katzkin replacement, and I LOVE the results as well. Mine's a Moab edition, and I chose to have them stitch in the official Moab logo, like your Rubicon one, but after going back and forth, I finally decided to do the logo stitching in Black. Very pleased with the results. The installer was meticulous and I can't find a single bulge, wrinkle, or stitch that is out of place.

Oh, and as you'll see they replaced the armrest cover so it now has the red stitching to match the seats. Now I have to decide if and how I want to get the steering wheel, dash panel, door panels, and shifter boots to get those in red stitch too.

fullsizeoutput_1479.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_147e.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_147a.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_147d.jpeg
looks great! Any idea how you stitched the MOAB logo on the seat? Looking to stitch the rubicon logo on my PRP seats on order.
Sponsored